U~Is this True?

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by noob_phucker
dude NEVER make frosties, u can make 3 gargs for that cost (takes less time and less food). and gargs take out air better. one might argue the awesomeness about the cold thingy but i dont find it too good to make a frostie for.
So what? I'd much rather take One frosty against ground than maybe even 5 gargoyles. Yes gargoyles are possibly the best aa in the game (hippos maybe I haven't tested lol) so of course they'll have better that's what they're designed for.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
For Melee, it makes sense to use Ghouls/Fiends/Possessing Banshees, while Air for Gargs.

If you use FWs, I assume it's for both, but hey, I say Ghouls/Fiends/Gargs take care of everything for a FW, and at less cost for it too.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Ya.....that combo is very nice. But Ghouls/Fiends/Gargs/Frost Wyrm is much better. :D

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I s'pose you CAN splash in FWs for hitting bases and to back up Gargs, but even then I see little hope in them. I mean, they die easily against AA, despite being one of the high-damagers in WCIII and the highest damager in RoC.

But gotta love freezing buildings. A few negate stuff like the Death Star.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Frost Wyrms have their pluses and minuses:

Positive:
-Crazy Strong Attack
-Cold Attack
-Freezing Breath

Negative:
-Very Slow Attack and Movement
-High Cost
-Magic Attack

black_sh0es

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Re: Is this True?

Originally posted by Diesel628
I heard Around That in TFT Fiends and Frost Wyrms are a Great Duo..I read it sumwhere too. I always thought that Wyrms were too late in the game too bother with when u can get other melee guys to support the fiends? Can Sumone give me their oppininon?
:shoot

Absolutely not,this is not a "great" duo.if theres several duos.The best duo would be fiends/statues

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Just fiends and statues? Any heavy melee will rip the shit out of that. Knights + Inner fire? KK THX GG

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by CitricAcid13
Just fiends and statues? Any heavy melee will rip the shit out of that. Knights + Inner fire? KK THX GG
True. I don't like using fiends/statues very much. I find that going melee first (ghouls) and then getting up to aboms. Once you have 3-4 aboms then start getting fiends/statues. This really makes a kickass team of units.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Fw magic damage isn't that big of a lose. they are great for targeting heros with the high damage, and slwowing them. they arn't as slow to get as they once were, and with other units to support them, you have urself a good force.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Magic is a disability though. They cannot attack spell immune units and some units have armor types that are practically immune to it. The only reason you might want magic attack is for attacking units with Heavy Armor.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I personally think air is made to take out heavy melee. No heavy melee can attack air (Knights, Tauren, Aboms, Bears, Hunts (kinda), Footies, Grunts, and Ghouls (kinda)) So magic kills them faster so your ground can take out the rest. If heavy melee comes up and starts bashing on your crypt fiends theyll die in no time. But so will the melee if your crypt fiends get on them...

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by CitricAcid13
I personally think air is made to take out heavy melee. No heavy melee can attack air (Knights, Tauren, Aboms, Bears, Hunts (kinda), Footies, Grunts, and Ghouls (kinda)) So magic kills them faster so your ground can take out the rest. If heavy melee comes up and starts bashing on your crypt fiends theyll die in no time. But so will the melee if your crypt fiends get on them...
You might be right there.