U~Is this True?

Diesel628

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Is this True?

I heard Around That in TFT Fiends and Frost Wyrms are a Great Duo..I read it sumwhere too. I always thought that Wyrms were too late in the game too bother with when u can get other melee guys to support the fiends? Can Sumone give me their oppininon?
:shoot

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Alright, for the record, I just beat to someone using this exact combo.

I will tell you, with 8 gargs, and 20 ghouls and 3 abombs with triple hero destroyed him and all his units twice over.

Think about it, ghouls and abombs will easily destroy fiends because they suck versus undead. the wyrms attack way to slow to do real damage by the time the gargs can get in and kill them. combine with a DK and DL for duel aura, and coil, with maybe a dark ranger or Naga seawitchas third, you got it made.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Actualy, if you can surprise the enemy, it can be really effective. against other races it is more effective, but undead has a real edge against it.

M3_feelin_0wn3d

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
abo fiend garg is a devestation combo aswell ^^
i like fiend necro thats good vs no dispel race ;/

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Re: Is this True?

Originally posted by Diesel628
I heard Around That in TFT Fiends and Frost Wyrms are a Great Duo..I read it sumwhere too. I always thought that Wyrms were too late in the game too bother with when u can get other melee guys to support the fiends? Can Sumone give me their oppininon?
:shoot
I would have to say that is probably a thumbs down strategy. It might work...against players that don't know what they are doing. If they have any melee at all they will rip you up...fiends get killed by melee. A better combo would be fiends and aboms.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Same here. But if you let this to happen, things could turn ugly. Wyrms are insanely strong, but I can't imagine anyone not going any decent AA to get it.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by x42bn6
Same here. But if you let this to happen, things could turn ugly. Wyrms are insanely strong, but I can't imagine anyone not going any decent AA to get it.
Wyrms are crazy strong....the cold attack really makes them the pwnage.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
but they have such a slow attack speed, even 3 gargs can take down 2 wyrms. even with the AMAZING attack they have and the cold. and the cost no less and teching involved. damn man, are they even wotth it?

Diesel628

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thats what i was saying before...They take too long to get and the cost is pretty high when u can get other units to fill the place of the frost wyrms...Yea they have great dmg and a sweet ability...but they atack slow as shit...

HellSpawnGothic

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Its how you use it...aight, you either find the warsong battle drumbs, and or if u have a team mate and has orcs have him get chieftian and endur aura, You then get crypt fiends to counter air, a front line of abon to stop units from geting to crypt fiends...then have about 7 wyrns they now move faster and atack faster I belive due to the endur aura(I think that was part of the endur aura cant rember)not to mention when u have enough force to take down whats on the ground and heros flee there ****ed...so yea...but of course I know nothing so this probally means nothing...lol

black_sh0es

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Pan
Alright, for the record, I just beat to someone using this exact combo.

I will tell you, with 8 gargs, and 20 ghouls and 3 abombs with triple hero destroyed him and all his units twice over.

Think about it, ghouls and abombs will easily destroy fiends because they suck versus undead. the wyrms attack way to slow to do real damage by the time the gargs can get in and kill them. combine with a DK and DL for duel aura, and coil, with maybe a dark ranger or Naga seawitchas third, you got it made.

What were your hotkeys for that many units? how did you place all the ghouls like that?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I kept he heros listed under command group #1.
Had 3 abombs and 9ghouls listed under command group #2.
the rest of the ghouls in group #3.
and the gargs in group 4.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Personally I think that fiends + Frosties would be a good combo. If the person Pan faced wasn't dumb he'd have the crypt fiends in front correct? Then the gargs come... web and micro them after that nothing to kill the air. Maybe some or all of the fiends die. nothing can attack the air now besides the heroes.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CitricAcid13
Personally I think that fiends + Frosties would be a good combo. If the person Pan faced wasn't dumb he'd have the crypt fiends in front correct? Then the gargs come... web and micro them after that nothing to kill the air. Maybe some or all of the fiends die. nothing can attack the air now besides the heroes.
pretty much, i ran my ghouls and abombs in to wipe out the fiends. trust me, he didn't have enough fiends by the time my gargs went in, to pull them all down. combine gargs and Nova to get frosty pwnage.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Getting just one frosty can really help in a battle. I have never really done it yet...but I have seen people use them as support units. Most gosu UD players get at least one. They are really expensive though....that is why I don't like risking the chance that the enemy will outnumber me :D.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
I have seen a top FFA player get two frostwyrms with his army. although in the replays he was teamed up on, he still came on top microing his hero and killing units with a minimul amout of supplies.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
dude NEVER make frosties, u can make 3 gargs for that cost (takes less time and less food). and gargs take out air better. one might argue the awesomeness about the cold thingy but i dont find it too good to make a frostie for.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
I don't think I would ever get a Frost Wyrm. But many players do, and they win. A lot of gosu players get at least one. Somehow they can build an attacking force while teching up to frosties. It requires fast hands :D.