U~hippos vs gargs

eat_ma_shorts

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hippos vs gargs

are hippos stronger than gargs? i mean strong as in there is an equal number of gargs and hippos. and also are hippo riders stronger than gargs?

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
fully upgraded gargoyles with auras will destroy hippos.

Unupgraded gargs will get murdered by hippos

NeverGoingBack

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
yeah it does depend. Initially Hipps are stronger. The reason why you dont see them in mass vs. gargs is the fact NE dont want to spend that much resource to mass a unit that cant attack ground. Witch is a slight down fall.

Vs. upgraded and aura'd gargs. If you still want to use hipps a good choice is to get thorns arua from the keeper, and roar them with a dotc.

mounted hipp ryderz is never a good choice vs gargs.

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gamerz-lounge.com
Mounted ones SUCK vs air. The only reason you would ever moiunt em is use see your enemy is massing....gouls.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ilija
Mounted ones SUCK vs air. The only reason you would ever moiunt em is use see your enemy is massing....gouls.
hehe u said mount hehehe

Hippor riders and hippgryphs have a differnet purpose. Hippos counter air, hippo riders counter ground. that is why they dont counter the other one. however gargs are unarmored anyway taking extra from piercing that hippos do.

gevorgkhc

I'm a pirate stfu
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hippos > gargs
hippo riders < gargs

is that clear enough?

Hippos murder gargs
Hippo riders SUCK ASS against air

eat_ma_shorts

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
if they are fully upgraded whos stronger

AZN_FLEA

Reaction score
prolly gargs if they have more number

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Hippos come out better than gargoyles but upgraded gargoyles are better. here is why.

gargs come out with 3 armor, hippos with none. they both are unarmored. that being said, they both do 100% damage to each other. gargs have 410 hp, hippo have 525. hippo has a higher dps than gargs.

gargs have dps of 46.7dmg/sec, 50.9 dmg/sec on average. however gargs 3 armor gives a 15% reduction. so it is 43.3 damage hippos do. yes hippos have higher life and move at 320 speed while gargs move at 300 so it essentialy means it coems down to two units fairly evenly matched and micro wins this.

Now on to upgrades, gargs with upgrades have 9 armor, hippo have 6.

hippos have a dps of 63.8 which is dropped cause of the armor by 22, making it 41 damage. gargs have a dps of 58.5 dmg/sec which is dropped cause of the armor by 15.2 giving gargs and average dps of 43.3. hippo still have 525 hp and gargs only 410 right? well upgraded gargs can turn to stone healing 8hp/sec and gaining 15/21 armor depending on upgrades. micro rules this battle, but these numbers are pretty good. You should also rememebr gargs have a ground attack and hippos do not. hippos are also 3 food and can have an archer mount them.

AZN_FLEA

Reaction score
i think that the gargs are better cuz (1) you dont have to make archers to get ground (2) you have to upgrade to get ground (3) gargs only cost 2 food

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
hippos are faster however, and have higher hp. and hjipporiders damage agaisnt ground is much higher than that of gargs. and u can swap riders, so u can completely own ground with the riders then jsut dismount incase of air. it can get annoying.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Dismount is in TFT only I think, so if u have ROC I dont think ur able to do this.

There is a button on the bottom left where u click to mount an archer. once u mount one there is a button that asks if u want to demount in that position.

There is a cooldown, so u cant demount and remount, u need to wait.