What hero you guys choose at the start and later on
Tell me plz and why
I go for DreadLord and maybe DeathKnight later
i like one hero
Tell me what hero u use and why

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
There's been enough debate about this. :D In RoC, it's DK (powerful starter and Coil is murder at later levels), DL (for Aura and Sleep) and then Lich (Nova completes the nuking).

In FT: DK, CL (as a meat shield and to make Beetles for DK to heal) then Lich. The poor DL is now gone 'cos of Statues healing.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
ok, if your going ghouls, and plan on make abombs later, get a DL. DL is used alot more and more, expecialy in udvsud battles. second can be DK or CL.

If you plan on getting ealy fiends, starting with a CL with beetles for meele is a good strat to use, followed up by a DK then maybe a lich.

Another strat is to start with the Lich and get an early rush with nova and ghouls

Shadow_Ninja

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I wouldn't dump DL down the drain simply because I have CL. :p

DL has some of the best spells in the game, but the dynamics of DK pact, CL beetle, and Lich ritual makes the choice a little harder.

With the beetles, DK lasts pretty much forever (beetle lvl 3 and pact lvl 1 heals 410 hitpoints), and with the beetles, the Lich have even more mana to waste ! (beetle lvl 3 and ritual lvl 2 = 270 mana). That's about 2 castings of nova per beetle. This is assuming all your heroes are lvl 6, 5 or 4 and maxed out coil/scarabs/nova respectively. We even get free non-dispellable meatshields to boot !

I would still still with the DL though, in most games. Triple nuke is just too powerful for me. That doesn't mean I don't vary my strat. Between CL and DL it's 40/60. Damn blizzard for not letting us use 4 heroes at once.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
DK first, no questions asked. As I have lectured over and over about on the old posts (poor x42 had to bear the brunt of my lectures, sorry dude ^^;;;), he's just too good to pass up. Getting him to a higher level first affords you a powerful tanking medic, and a lethal hero sniper. In addition, he is pretty much the most efficient creeper in the game.

As for other heroes... Well, though I'm not much of a TFT player, I'd say DK, CL, Lich for powerful crowd control and hero killing, but it's all up to you. I've noticed a dual aura CL is pretty hard to take down. Either way, I usually like having DK and CL in a single combo, since they're both good tanks, though one is more dependent on the other than the other is (wonder who that is...).

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Ya, definitely get a DK first as Rage said above. The DK is very good at creeping. I personally like to get a Lich second and then, if I want to, I will get a Dark Ranger. I usually don't have as much use for vampiric aura, and I find the DL seems to die too easily for my liking.

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I usually go DreadLord and get the bat attack cause its good for weak units such as archers and that way your set incase some1 decides to rush you. You can hold your own then later levels with vamp aura and sleep you cant go wrong also Inferno is great.

life_source

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
after reading the stickies and several threads, i ALWAYS go DK first. death coil just can't be given up. my 2nd hero depends on what im going to get for my army. if im going ghouls, i get a DL for vamp, and to a lesser extent sleep. if im going crypties, i go CL, for an additional tank.

UltimateJim

Member!
Reaction score
i like DL for vampiric, and sleep, sleep is usefull if your enemy is running away, surround him and hes as good as dead (unless he Tp's)

nice sigtar NEOxx0

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Dk can also be a good second hero, if you use ghoulswith cannibalize. takes longer, but getting a DL to level 6 fast is niver than a DK at level 6 first.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Start with DK.You will heal other undeads and yourself.The Animate dead is good when you have killed higher lvl enemies(neutrals).I think it was~6lvl the max that you can animate.

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
No matter what DK is usually the best first hero to get, and a must get for a hero combo then get DL for his vamp and last get the Lich. Then new UD hero isnt that great unles you need a powerhouse hero but thats about it.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Personaly, i think the DK is wasted on ghouls. deathcoil is great and all, but seriously he isn't an effective attack, since he is such a slow attack cooldown, hes not the strongest and rage has been feeding us the "get DK cause coil is a muct" not necissarily true. I have been using other heros and they work just as good. I find that you dont need coil in alot of situations and with things like syphon mana and manaburn or feedback, your dk is a target.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Coil is pretty much overkill in early stages. Swarm works quite well than Coil as well.

When I still used DL first *glares at Rage* the sad thing was its main purpose to heal with Vampiric Aura. However, in the early stages IT SUCKS 'cos the healing is so low and it would be better to use Coil in that case. Plus, the DL sucks at attacking. :D

Shadow_Ninja

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The undead hero with the highest DPS would be *drum rolls*..... THE LICH !

Thought that's in RoC.

Undead hereos don't do alot of attack damage compared to others, but they do pack the absolute best in damage spells. Coil deals 300 damage and is almost twice as fast as Storm Bolt. Carrion deals 200 damage to every unit it hits, and costs less mana that Chain Lightning. Frost Nova, does 200 damage, 150 area damage, and slows everything it hits - that's like a ranged Thunderclap at only 5 extra mana.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
you forget the crypt lord that has impale that can hit like 20 units with decent damage stunning them all. locust swarm does good damage and healing

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pan
you forget the crypt lord that has impale that can hit like 20 units with decent damage stunning them all. locust swarm does good damage and healing
Ya, impale is wicked powerful. I really like being able to use it when in a bind. It also stuns units making impale all the more better.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score

Originally posted by Pan

ok, if your going ghouls, and plan on make abombs later, get a DL. DL is used alot more and more, expecialy in udvsud battles. second can be DK or CL.

If you plan on getting ealy fiends, starting with a CL with beetles for meele is a good strat to use, followed up by a DK then maybe a lich.

Another strat is to start with the Lich and get an early rush with nova and ghouls.

I don't agree Pan.Rushing with Lich is impossible.THe lich will die before you even tried to use the spells.This is the worst hero of all.
The DK can heal the others,for humans this can be done by priests but nobody can heal undead.And the death pact is useful- you heal yourself 50%+ .
The DL can make 'sleep' and has better damage.So he is better than the Lich.
But the Lich -no way!

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dark Mage
I don't agree Pan.Rushing with Lich is impossible.THe lich will die before you even tried to use the spells.This is the worst hero of all.
The DK can heal the others,for humans this can be done by priests but nobody can heal undead.And the death pact is useful- you heal yourself 50%+ .
The DL can make 'sleep' and has better damage.So he is better than the Lich.
But the Lich -no way!
I have actualy seen a lich rush that works, and he ended the game early with a rush. The lich is harder to use, but you can get a great deal of damage dealt with it. plus if u can get statues fast, his mana will constantly regain.