U~Dreadlord is awsome

ZeroX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Dreadlord is awsome

well, i descided to use dreadlord for a little while....well, i belive it used to be where carrion swarm did so much damage and it was a peice of shit. well now in tft, it does at lvl 1 75 dmg in a line. at later levels, it becomes a great anti-skeletons or low level units. sleep is an ok skill, good for stoppin ultimates. Vamp aura is a great skill combined with statues, and infernals are nice in themselves. so who else like DL a lot?

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Personally I think he is an awesome hero. I used to get him as my first in ROC. In TFT he isn't as useful as being the first hero. The only problem with him is the fact that he dies really really quick. Other than that his Carrion Swarm is really good. Sleep is really good if you use it well. Vampiric aura is probably the best besides the inferno.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
In RoC, Rage somewhat murdered me to use DK first instead of DL and it works somewhat better with Coil. As first, DL isn't bad, and you have Infernal earlier to look forward to.

In TFT, the healing isn't as good as Statues, and might even be removed for the Lich's Novaing ability which comes in useful in TFT. The CL too acts as a meat shield, negating it even more.

ZeroX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well heres what i do.

in 4v4, ill play as the support person. ill build necros, and statues as my main units, and a few crypties as back up infantry. for my hero, a DL. and i just follow my allies, works good.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Get two heros. That helps tremendously.

Ued_colonial

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
the only crappy thing is he cant attack air units only with the swarm spell

LordBlack

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Give him an Orb of Corruption or some other orb, then he can attack flying units. Or accompany him with webbing crypt fiends. Personally i wish he was better and looked like the Dreadlord with the skirt. He still looks so cool. :lucifer

Fuddy

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Dreadlord is an extremely good rushing hero. IMO the best for undead. Vamp is awsome if you use ghouls, if not sleep is good too, because you can sleep an opponents hero and they will be a non factor the whole battle as if they didnt have that hero, and in a rush everything is magnified so every small advantage helps twice as much.

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
But you have to believe that your opponent knows that he can wake up his Hero, so I prefer Sleep for creeping only. For a rush, I'll say all 3 of the UD heros a good at it. DL has his Vamp Aura that can give you a little edge over the enemy infantry, and Carrion can do mass damage, although weak can also give you a small edge, but in this game, every bit counts, eh? I'd say Lich if you were gunna rush, simply put his Nova is perfect for teir 1 units that are mashed together in small tight nit groups.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
unfortunately Sleep is usefull only to stop spells like starfall. other than that, i personaly think it is a waste of time and mana. Carrion is a really awsome spell at higher levels.

Lich is to weak for a rush, and to slow. most likely the units will catch up and kill it.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Actually, not quite. Lich/Ghouls makes for a surprisingly powerful rush. Keep in mind that the Lich's speed is on par with that of most of the other units available at that stage in the game. And also keep in mind that Frost Nova devastates tier 1 units, which are the only units available at that stage in the game. With even so much as a Lich and 4-5 Ghouls, you can quickly cause a headache for your opponent, and if you can drag out the battle long enough for reinforcement Ghouls, a DK, and a level 2 Lich, or even at least just the level 2 Lich, the game is basically over.

There are some shoutcasts/replays of higher level players doing this kinda thing, especially a long ass shoutcast by Bei concerning Lich/Ghoul rushing, but I've never been able to get my hands on any... Then again, I don't hunt those down religiously. :p