U~Do we need banshees in our armies

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
What I usually do is plop down 2 Spirit Towers, and then TP to my base and try and get behind them and do a Pincer on their sorry asses.

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Very true, and thanks to that interesting imbalance, I have claimed many a game on one mine!

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I know, Undead have the best saving of gold for them. :D

Banshees..... well, if your Ghouls are having problems against large melee, a little of your own helps.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
against big casters you need em. look at humans, they do poly, you do antimagicshield. it dispels it, for like half the price of poly.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Pan
against big casters you need em. look at humans, they do poly, you do antimagicshield. it dispels it, for like half the price of poly.
Half? Try a quarter. AMS is damn useful against casters. Always was, probably always will be. Fiends/Banshees is murder on casters. However, Fiends/Necros can still do the job, as there's very little that can be done about them caster-wise. The only thing Human casters can possibly do is Poly them, which will require WoNs to counter unless you do Fiends/casters.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Cripple, in my oppinion is crap. it drains the magic from the banshee.

Think about it, i would rather steal an enemy unit than have the unit attack me and miss acouple times. and BNanshees are barely targeted if you have a good meele front. you can just sneak em in.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Well, it's true that Banshees aren't targeted much, since 90% of the time either a) small melee will whack 'em up bad or b) even running can't stop Possession.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It depends, the Banshee can be used for either situation.

Against masses of weaker enemy units that aren't worth stealing, Curse can do wonders. You're basically giving your units greater evasion than even a level 3 Evasion can offer. Banshees make excellent support units here, and are effective at taking the edge off of enemy attacks. Great stuff in mirror matches, as Ghouls/Banshees can mop the floor with just plain Ghouls.

Against heavier enemies, Possession. 'Nuff said.

Against casters, or hard hitting AoE spells, AMS.

The Banshee really makes for an excellent support unit, as it is versatile and powerful. Banshees make for great stuff to add into armies and I do my best to add them whenever possible. Even Curse is just too good to pass up.