U~Do we need banshees in our armies

IHATEMRJONS

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Do we need banshees in our armies

Now lets get this straight, i have never used a banshee before and possbily never will, but lately i was looking at that book thing of wc3 that u get with the game(just had soem time to relax) and i look at its spells and they arent to bad, with taht spell that can take away ur enemies unit(dont know wat it is called) but it is awsome, taking ur enemies units for ur own.

So i am just wondering if u ever use banshees in battle, every once and a while, or praticully never herd of them.Tell me wat u think and say if i should bring a few banshees into my next battle with undead.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Wat a stupid question. Banshee owns almost any unit.
Here is how you should use, the mighty underestimated banshee.

Think about it like this,
If your opponent goes mass caster, always research banshees, and use antimagic shield on ur heros and strong units. If it's shamans and trolls use antimagic shield on any grunts and taurens incase of bloodlust.

If they go ghouls, footman or archers don't bother with banshees just build ghouls to kill them.

For air units build cryptfiends and possess the air units that were brought down to the ground. I once attacked a guy with 6 of his own gryphons.

For units like mass taurens, or knights abombs bears or any strong unit that cost losts of money make banshees possess them.

Banshee are never used, and once u use them you can be sure your opponent will never forget them.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Banshees are far from useless. Curse can be used to give any unit a Cursed unit attacks almost level 3 Evasion (using it on an army is like giving your whole army level 3 Evasion), AMS is almost a requirement against mass casters, and Possession gives you new toys to work with.

Try this: against a fast teching Orc getting Taurens and casters, research Master Banshees and Adept or better Necros, along with Crypt Fiends and DK/Lich. Keep the Taurens busy for a while and have your Banshees Possess all the Taurens. Then, throw UF on your Fiends AND the Taurens!

I saw that in a replay once and it's always very entertaining. ^_^

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
heh....i like destroyin enemy exp. and then stealin one of their basic units.....then i win! especially if its a human unit. why? PRIEST. dispel magic owns.

FleshRipper[pd]

Member!
Reaction score
If my opponent goes mass casters then Ill get banshees with a couple of Abominations. Heres a replay of me doing so vs Pan_the_Man himself!

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I'll tell you my opinion. I played just a regular comp game with me as the UD last night. Every time I attacked them I had 2 Banshees in my army that would AMS my 2 Heros. I was surprised at how useful that was! I was fighting a Human comp who went MK then Pally for his heros, and I went DK then L for mine. I'll put the replay up after I finish it....

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FleshRipper[pd]
If my opponent goes mass casters then Ill get banshess with a couple of Abominations. Heres a replay of me doing so vs Pan_the_Man himself!
that was a waste of banshees and abombs. You could have finished the game off with maybe 15 or 16 ghouls and 7-8 gargs. you can get em alot faster, and i still dont see the point of AMS the abombs.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FleshRipper[pd]
gargs??? lol gargs vs Shamen and docters! the gargs would have been pawned! I dont see the point of getting gargs.
easy, ghouls rip up the casters, hero use WON and gargs attack one or more heros at once. if u have 7 gargs attacking a hero and maybe a few ghouls they are going to get owned, its better than banshees.

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Gargs vs ground when focus firing are often underestimated. If there are no available air targets, focus firing heroes or important ground units is often a good use for them. Oftentimes, the enemy will blow them off, thinking that they will do nothing against ground. So you weaken them until you can finish them off with a nuke or whatever.

BTW, most UD vs UD battles come down to Ghoul wars. Although, I suppose adding in casters is a nice idea. I've downloaded the replay so I guess I'll see for myself what happened.

FleshRipper[pd]

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by RageWinterchill
Gargs vs ground when focus firing are often underestimated. If there are no available air targets, focus firing heroes or important ground units is often a good use for them. Oftentimes, the enemy will blow them off, thinking that they will do nothing against ground. So you weaken them until you can finish them off with a nuke or whatever.

BTW, most UD vs UD battles come down to Ghoul wars. Although, I suppose adding in casters is a nice idea. I've downloaded the replay so I guess I'll see for myself what happened.

Tell me what you think after your done watching the replay.

Biske

Reaction score
Now I would be unstoppable IF my damned opponent would just leave my expansions alone for awhile!!! lol

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chibi
Now I would be unstoppable IF my damned opponent would just leave my expansions alone for awhile!!! lol

LOL, I hate expanging. I am bad at expanding, ao i sometimes screw my self. but I am good at killing expansions.

Biske

Reaction score
Yeah, same here. If I could just manage to get 3000 gold, I could make 12 Ghouls, and 12 Gargs! Usually, I can barely mass Ghouls... o.0

FleshRipper[pd]

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chibi
Just build Spirit towers around your expansion, or dont expand at all untill you get the advantage(Thats what I do).

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Usually it's best to try to find an expansion as soon as you can, so that way you increase your gold flow (duh). When you decide to get one, try to wait until you have enough cash for a Necropolis and a Haunted Gold Mine. The reason for this is that you can upgrade the Necropolis into a Halls of the Dead, and this offers several advantages over simply building Spirit Towers. Having a Halls of the Dead enables you to TP in to defend your expansion, and you will usually have an advantage over your enemy, as you have the aid of one of the game's best defensive structures (they don't call it the Death Star for nothin'! :D). It's also a bit cheaper than 3-4 Spirit Towers, though if you build 2 additional Spirit Towers, it should provide more than enough firepower to scare off potential raiders (not the unit). Plus, and most importantly, you can build it right off the bat. No need to wait for the Blight from the Mine to spread. Just slap it down.

This requires a considerable beginning cost, as having the cash for a Necropolis AND a Haunted Gold Mine isn't exactly easy, especially since you must spend your money elsewhere. However, in general, you should postpone all else in favor of getting your expansion up. When your expansion goes up and becomes well-fortified, your gold income will double and you should end up getting the gold you need. This is the basic idea behind the Human fast expand, and Undead expanding follows this same general idea.

FleshRipper[pd]

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by RageWinterchill
Usually it's best to try to find an expansion as soon as you can, so that way you increase your gold flow (duh). When you decide to get one, try to wait until you have enough cash for a Necropolis and a Haunted Gold Mine. The reason for this is that you can upgrade the Necropolis into a Halls of the Dead, and this offers several advantages over simply building Spirit Towers. Having a Halls of the Dead enables you to TP in to defend your expansion, and you will usually have an advantage over your enemy, as you have the aid of one of the game's best defensive structures (they don't call it the Death Star for nothin'! :D). It's also a bit cheaper than 3-4 Spirit Towers, though if you build 2 additional Spirit Towers, it should provide more than enough firepower to scare off potential raiders (not the unit). Plus, and most importantly, you can build it right off the bat. No need to wait for the Blight from the Mine to spread. Just slap it down.

This requires a considerable beginning cost, as having the cash for a Necropolis AND a Haunted Gold Mine isn't exactly easy, especially since you must spend your money elsewhere. However, in general, you should postpone all else in favor of getting your expansion up. When your expansion goes up and becomes well-fortified, your gold income will double and you should end up getting the gold you need. This is the basic idea behind the Human fast expand, and Undead expanding follows this same general idea.
I do that too sometimes...