U~crypt lord

hYbr1d.

Member!
Reaction score
just wondering everyones thoughts on him. i usually go cl in team games and creep fast. impale and spiked carapace. its sweet cause when i play in 2v2 i impale right when my partner uses an aoe spell then its pwnage
i never really tried the beetles i think early on they die too fast and impale and carapace work nicely together

Reaction score
in mirror matches I go CL with impale. most people like beetles more, but i'm with you, impale owns when placed right.

NeverGoingBack

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
He Can own on Ne solo pretty good to with beetles, and necro rods its like having 7 extra ghouls in your army. plus anything for undead that can suck up corpses instead allowing vengeance to use them is good.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
lvl 3 beetles are like having 5 perm, no food free ghouls. beetles are no gold, ghouls. in mirror matches the differnece is decided by the fact u have 5 extra soldiers.

CL beetles actualy provide the required meat to get fiends in ud mirrors, but it usualy requries you to get otehr units cause fiends suck hard.

Late game, beetles become useless. eventualy they become dispeled fast. what is great about beetles, is u can put a second skill point in it, and u get an invaluable scout. starting with beetles, going to lvl 2 with them, then switching over to foucs on impale is very good. basicly, beetles lvl2 get burrow. as they have no food cost, and have no expire timer u can keep them around to scout the map for the entire game. they beat out wards(to bad they cant detect invisible like wards however.)

Problem I have with CL, Is I find I really need to get DK second, cuase CL is incredibly slow, and he is usualy taking alot of hits, so coild is essential

hYbr1d.

Member!
Reaction score
if u are going to rush and ur confident that u can win then i guess beetles sound good otherwise late game its a waste of a skill point they get focus fired and just serve to give exp to the enemy

krnidiotx949

Reaction score
here's something you can do. with the crpyt lord impale definately woudl stop like ultimate attacks like starfall and earthquake so you would definately want him. with the beetles, it is best if you have them constnatly attacking your opponent's base becuase then their units USUALLY get distracted and attack THEM instead of creeping or attacking YOU