U~Best Rushing Hero Is DreadLord?

DarkKnight

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Best Rushing Hero Is DreadLord?

Well I used to go DeathKnight but now its all about theDreadlord you may ask why would u go dreadlord first? Well this is why. First You Get Dreadlord and you get sleep as a ability. By then u should have at least 3 or 4 ghouls when hero is done making if You are playing a team game tell your patner to rush. Then you and your teamate rush there base and sleep there hero and kill mass peons,peasants,acolytes,or wisp as possible. Really Just Piss Them off Alot.Then the enemys teamate will tp and what a waste that will be :lucifer .

By then u should have some more ghouls and some Crypt Fiends. Remeet with teamate or your men then creep for exp then you should be level 2 or 3 then you rush again sleep there hero kill units.This is the best stratigy for me and it works evey time. The enemy gets pissed he leaves 1 down 1 to go. :D

Abuse The Hell of of sleep it works because enemey is usally to dumb to think to attack his self to stop sleep "usless he read this message." This all happens in like first 7 minutes of the game. Then you can do whatever the hell you fell like you can tech or go hella mirco its up to you and the enemys race. Try this it works.

Oh yeah I rather have Dreadlord level 6 than have DeathKnight level 6 any day. Post if you don't agree or have better stratigy. Dreadlord speacial owns just about every hero "InfernaL OWNS ALL

Edited for readability by your beloved moderator, Aragorn7.

BluddLuSt4Life

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.asstr.org
hmmm, personally i like the death knight better, he can heal, and his aura imo is one of the best in the game, gives you health regen AND movement speed. Have you ever seen how fast your death knight regens with lvl 3 aura? Vampiric isnt as important anymore, i find a couple statues work way better. I do agree about the ultimate though, i usually gotta carry a greater mana w/my DK cause 250 mana is way too high, i never have 250 mana when i hit 6. Sleep abuse is fun, but almost everyone knows to slap their hero to wake him up.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Don't sleep heros....those are usless. Sleep any thing and everything else. For heros it is easy to notice that your unit is sleeping, because you can't cast spells. But if you sleep their army...they won't easily notice.

DL is a viable hero early on for several reasons:

-Vampiric Aura works very well with ghouls.
-Sleep heros and everything else to cause havoc in the enemies micro.

For rushing I would rather go with either the DK or the CL. There are several reasons for this. The DK can heal. The CL can summon beatles. Summonable units are very good in a rush and that is why he is good at rushing. The DK can summon too if he gets a rod of necromancy. Personally I like the DL as a second hero not as a first. The UD army needs heal early on, and the DK has it.

I have to agree with you on infernal though, it really does own supreme. Most games I never get infernal though, because as a second hero the DL usually doesn't see level 6. But when he does, GG.

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Noooooooo, best hero seems to be DK no matter what. DK is stronger and can damage single targets well with Coil while the DL struggles with lower damage and a spell that isn't too good with its low mana and cost to start off with..... Heck, even the Lich's Nova can be better.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
DK's coil is way to weak early game to do jack shit but snipe off already weakened peasents. DL is good for a rush, I have seen it work wonders, sleep owns footmen and archers and such, so you can target the lone hero

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pan
DK's coil is way to weak early game to do jack shit but snipe off already weakened peasents. DL is good for a rush, I have seen it work wonders, sleep owns footmen and archers and such, so you can target the lone hero
Ya, DL can be of use, but I don't see him used as much anymore. DK is almost always the UD's first hero nowadays. I like the DK for just healing units, that can do wonders for your micro. :D

shadowknightz

Member!
Reaction score
Website
w
Re: Best Rushing Hero Is DreadLord?

Originally posted by DarkKnight
Oh yeah I rather have Dreadlord level 6 than have DeathKnight level 6 any day. Post if you don't agree or have better stratigy. Dreadlord speacial owns just about every hero "InfernaL OWNS ALLi]
Yes infernal is much better than animate dead. AD is kinda useless... I would much rather have them non-invulnerable to use as a free meat shield :)

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Re: Re: Best Rushing Hero Is DreadLord?

Originally posted by shadowknightz
Yes infernal is much better than animate dead. AD is kinda useless... I would much rather have them non-invulnerable to use as a free meat shield :)
Animate dead does have a lot of use. And yes I use it quite frequently. Infernal is better than Animate Dead but I don't think animate dead is useless. It is the most useful when you can raise fallen mountain giants and other heavy melee. That way you can dish out lots of damage, and they serve as an "invincible" shield. They act as a barrier and the units have to go around to attack yours, that helps the battle quite a bit.

Still waiting for patch to see if it gets changed though... ;)

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's keep to the main topic, i think CL is the best for rush,it has good magics and is strong,if i were ud i'd use cl

Siphon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
slashdot.org
If you're trying to rush and do real damage there are a few factors you might consider:

--RT: If you have a lot of ghouls, or your partner isn't stupid, sleep and surround the hero and then kill it. Most people will tp when their hero awakes, so that's 350 gold right there. Do it again and kill the hero which, depending on their level, will cost more gold. Hero's take a length of time to revive as well, so taking them out puts your opponents at a major disadvantage.
If you're guna rush with fiends or rush to try and win, go Crypt Lord with Carrion Beetles. Although they do minimal damage, they get in the way and most don't just go past them to the fiends. Rods of Necromancy are a definite must as well.

As for the sleeping hero and going after peasants, you can just kill the hero THEN get peasants, and leave.

BTW, anyone that let's a Dreadlord get to level6 when you have another hero as well is pathetic.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Siphon
If you're trying to rush and do real damage there are a few factors you might consider:

--RT: If you have a lot of ghouls, or your partner isn't stupid, sleep and surround the hero and then kill it. Most people will tp when their hero awakes, so that's 350 gold right there. Do it again and kill the hero which, depending on their level, will cost more gold. Hero's take a length of time to revive as well, so taking them out puts your opponents at a major disadvantage.
If you're guna rush with fiends or rush to try and win, go Crypt Lord with Carrion Beetles. Although they do minimal damage, they get in the way and most don't just go past them to the fiends. Rods of Necromancy are a definite must as well.

As for the sleeping hero and going after peasants, you can just kill the hero THEN get peasants, and leave.

BTW, anyone that let's a Dreadlord get to level6 when you have another hero as well is pathetic.
It depends on the gametype. If it is solo and it is a single hero, the DL can get to level 6 easy. Infernals cause the most trouble to human and night elf players.

Siphon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
slashdot.org
I'd never let someone level their hero to 6. Only time it's really happened to me recently was against Xeno-CraFt, and it was only due to constant fights that I sucked in. He still didn't get level6 until the last battle @ my base.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
All the one player has to do is creep to level 5 and fight a battle. Basically he gets to level 6, there is almost no way to stop it. The only way is to not lose any units, which is almost impossible. Even the top players lose units.

If they have two heros...then it is a completely different story. Out of two heros, only one might see level 6...and that doesn't happen every game either.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Siphon
No I'm talking about I'll crush you every time you try to creep and I'll make sure your heros stay at low levels.
Ah...ic. If you can catch him while he creeps, sure I will give that to you.

Siphon

Member!
Reaction score
Website
slashdot.org
Yeah I always use Carrion Beetles to scout the maps and usually get Sentry Wards from somewhere up. I'm constantly monitoring activity all over the place as well as your base so I know where to find you. Following traces of creeped skeletons usually brings me to them as well.

Breman

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Aragorn7
It depends on the gametype. If it is solo and it is a single hero, the DL can get to level 6 easy. Infernals cause the most trouble to human and night elf players.

-- How if i dispell it using priest "Dispell" or dryad "Abolish Magic"?? --

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Breman
-- How if i dispell it using priest "Dispell" or dryad "Abolish Magic"?? --
Yep, infernal is immune to magic, which makes him all the more potent. He is probably the best summoned unit in the game.