U~Are the UD hard.

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
Are the UD hard.

Are the Undead hard to get a hang of because they look to be a really cool race to be. They took things from the Protoss and zerg. (Buildings would be the protoss and blight would be the zerg.) My friend says they suck because he likes humans are he thinks frosty wyrms are the best and they cant do much as sheep. Which he is right but he is a noob and doesnt know the other things about undead... anyway my question is are the undead a hard race to get used to and get good with.

NEOxx0

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I be very good at them and to no what units r good to combine it will take a while but you get use to them pretty quick. Frost wyrms r basically the worst cost alot take alot of food slow attack and get creamed by aa. No its not that hard to learn how to use them.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Ok, that is the basic noob talk to think frostys are useless. they are much better then the chimera, but people don't know how useful they can really be.

Undead are probably the easiest to use, hardest to get good at, and overall strongest in the right hands. They have all the elements that make them great, just harder to get a grip on everything. if u need help or such, find me on bnet useast my name is Pan_the_man

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
They take a bit of getting used to, but once you do, it is amazing what you can do with em. I started out with human, but after a while the farms started to piss me off.

<<START RANT>>
They only get 6 ****ing food!!!!
<<END RANT>>

I went to undead after that and have really enjoyed commanding them.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
one thing that can be annoying is the fact that you need blight, so it's not a noob tower rush race like orcs. and undead regenerate only on blight unless there is an unhloly aura.

<<TIP>>
Unholy aura regenerate all units off the blight, even meat wagons and statsues.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pan
one thing that can be annoying is the fact that you need blight, so it's not a noob tower rush race like orcs. and undead regenerate only on blight unless there is an unhloly aura.

<<TIP>>
Unholy aura regenerate all units off the blight, even meat wagons and statsues.
Yep unholy aura is a must.

Omega_Weapon_

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Does blight and unholy aura stack?...It's been bugging me...

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Yes they do.

Undead is the worst choice for absolute n00bs who have lived in the Tower era of Age of Empires. And by the looks of it all the hard things are in the Undead..... Statues, Frenzied Ghouls, AMS, Possession..... Sucks facing them.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Undead are generaly weaker units, so they require more micro, more skill and talent. Before the game came out, no matter what i figured the undead would be my race and it has stuck

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Pan
Undead are generaly weaker units, so they require more micro, more skill and talent. Before the game came out, no matter what i figured the undead would be my race and it has stuck
Ya, I only started as the undead right before TFT came out. The UD are really balanced now and I feel like it is easier to use them. In the early ROC, UD were very unbalanced and were hard to use and that is why they were the most unpopular race on bnet. Now I feel, with the statues and cheaper crypt fiends, the undead have become a lot more popular with players. They are still hard to use though, since they require fast hands and good micro. If you feel up to it, try UD.

Shadow_Ninja

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I started as human in September last year, about the time when RoC first came out - back then just about everyone in the LAN shop played as Orc.

I adopted undead as 2nd race - primarily because they're almost the opposite number of humans - and because they're "evil". I just like being the "bad@$$" and I got stuck. Undead became my main game around January this year. I got stuck to triple nuke and banshees and unholy frenzy.

Personally, I think I'm very good with the undead. I'm representating my area to qualify for WCG - along with 2 other guys about my age.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
The undead are a strong rase.Although I'm very very good with humans,sometimes it is possible for easy undead to defeat me.

CitricAcid13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I enjoy human as my first race, then orc, then undead, and finalyl NE (I hate not having an early good melee and turning into buildings lol). I think they are the hardest to learn and the hardest to master. But once you get the hang of them, I think they are the best (Btw i suck w/ them =) )

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
The good thing about the NE is the fact that they have all ranged units. Because of this you have to get used to focus fire quite a bit. Focus fire is essential to an NE victory. UD doesn't use FF as much as the NE but it is still important. I think that if used right any race can be the best.