Status
Not open for further replies.

Azura

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
great... lol
time to do tutorials for a week or so... anyone wanna tutor me in the leet ways of sigmaking?

I)arkI)ragoon_

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hey im wondering if anyone could post a tutorial on how to make fire in photoshop 7 (like in the sig i didnt make :)) i look on the internet and they have crap tutorials that make fire look like... cheese yes u heard me CHEESE!
so yeah

Reaction score
Website
www.cold-xero.com
Omniscient Tutorials

I know this isnt advertising, but this seems like the most appropriate forum. Check out my new tutorials site. Omniscient Tutorials The tutorial selection is small as of now, but I am constantly adding tutorials each day. We feature tutorials on Flash MX, Adobe Photoshop, and HTML. If you would have tutorial posted on there, contact me. If I accept it, you can be sure you will get credit for it. Also if you would like to link your site with mine contact me.
:wavey

FuLouZero

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Sticky it back god dang moderators

Reaction score
Website
LIEK.WTF.HAPPEN.TO.DIS.SITE.COM
Hey yea.... last time i checked i THINK it was stickied .... sticky it back lol thx for the help but i need a new adobe mine is like broken, where can i get one for free?!

TweaK

Premium Member
Reaction score
This thread was unstickied because of a merge that happened. It was merged with a non-stuck thread, and i thought axl unstuck this for some reason, but there is no note of unstickieness :p

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Prodigious your sig is so ****ing awesome..did u use any tuts to make it? if so hook me up ;)

TweaK

Premium Member
Reaction score
Prodicious, can't wait.
As for me, Heres a base tutorial on something like my sig.

1. Alright, lets start with a new doc, around 500x500 is what i'm doing for this tutorial. Fill it black. Use the polygonal lasso tool, and make a bunch of scattered polygons (around 5-6 large ones will do)

2. After that, go Filters > Blur > Radial blur. Stick your settings to these. Repeat 1 more time.

3. After you do that, go Filters > Sketch > Chrome and make your settings to 4 and 7, or however you please.

4. Repeat steps 2 and 3, and should end up with something like this.

5. Now, Duplicate your base layer around 3-4 times. (Or to as many as you want.) Now take these layers, and rotate them (edit > transform > rotate) at random. Here comes your part. Depending on how you want your image to look, set the layer settings to whatever you please, to make your image seksi. Also feel free to mess with the opacities for the layers, it could make a difference. For this one, I am going to use Lighten as my Layer mode, and no opacities. This is my layer palette after my rotations, and what I have.

6. Merge all the layers down (Layer > Flatten Image) and go to Image > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation and click the color box. Mess with these settings until you find what color you want.

This is all to it.
Keep messing with it, and Eventually you will find something you want. This is all about experimentation.

AUTHORS NOTE: I noticed that Difference or Darken are a very cool way for layer settings. The only thing you have to watch with that, is the edges of the image make noticable lines across the image symbolising that it is another image, very ugly!

aznxcsxn00b

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.clan-ntn.net
i seriously was about to post that until i read it.. shiver7.com is a good site overall .. especially its looks =]

but. it lacks in some crucial points that makes a tutorial site what it is. what i mean is the lack of actual abstract images that you could make from scratch in PHOTOSHOP which is what this thread is about (i think). im pretty sure that there is around 2 things that u could actually make from scratch.. and they arent really all that great.. most of the stuff there is to edit / modify an already known pic such as a 3d abstract pic that you made in bryce or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.