Trapper

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildfireFX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
PLEASE don't listen to simpleforce. Listen to me, everybody agrees that my way is the correct way of making a trapper. Im serious, if you do it the way simple says you WILL waste your character and you WILL lose in duels!

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
If you make a trapper, and you are using a shield, it's like a CS Zon dueling a Teleporting novanec.

simpleforce

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
how bout my trapper vs ur trapper? anyone

once again i never said 2 claws aren't bad. but that nigma vs coh, thats a bad mistake

u have a trapper don't u wildfire... next i see we will see whats better
resist vs claw block

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
My friend has a trapper, and a damn godly one at that. He's on ladder, though. *COTA-Trapper. He uses enigma, but he sold all his gear for his paladin. And Claw Block > Resists.Why? If the damage isn't even dealt, resists aren't a factor. And You must have a crappy trapper if you use Hoto and Lidless. Come on now...

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Simpleforce, you remind me of my friend

whom I always pwn in d2.

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
simpleforce said:
how bout my trapper vs ur trapper? anyone

once again i never said 2 claws aren't bad. but that nigma vs coh, thats a bad mistake

u have a trapper don't u wildfire... next i see we will see whats better
resist vs claw block
Ok I'll take that challenge, and I use enigma on mine.You once again are an idiot.

On another note, get some points into burst of speed, it will add to your cast rate making it faster. You also might want to think about a shadow for 1 point just in case. All the plus to skills will deffinitly make it good enough. Add charms for resistence, to make up for the CoH. also get a demonlimb for added elemental damage incase you need to melee. Check out Arreat Summit their is a section on items. In there their will be a link for unique weapons by character class and grades. You will find what item you are talking about and what the dex requirement is.

Here is a build guide for a great trapassin.

Burst of Speed - BoS
Charged Bolt Sentry - CBS
Cloak of Shadows - CoS
Death Sentry - DS
Fire Blast - FB
Lightning Sentry - LS
Mind Blast - MB
Shadow Master - SM
Shock Web - Sweb
Weapon Block - WB

LS/CBS/FB build

20 Fire Blast (FB)
18 Shock Web (Sweb)
20 CBS
20 LS
9 Shadow Master (SM), the target here is to cast her at level 17
1 point into DS, Fade, Weapon Block (WB), Cloak of Shadows (CoS), Mind Blast (MB)

Total skill points needed: 96
Character level needed to complete (all skill quests done): 85
Place to put points once build is complete: DS and WB

Damage counting +8 to trap skills
FB 1385-1700
CBS shoots 10 times, 11 bolts per shot, 3-477 damage per bolt
LS 5-3214 per shot, 10 shots

Skill point plan

Level 1-11*: 5 FB, 1 Sweb, 1 Claw Mastery, 1 Psychic Hammer, and 1 Burst of Speed (BoS).
Level 12-23**: 8 CBS, 1 WB, 1 CoS, 1 Fade, 1 Shadow Warrior
Level 24-30***: 9 LS, 1 DS, 1 MB, 1 SM

* Includes normal Den of Evil
** Includes normal Radament
*** Includes normal Izual

Beyond level 30 max LS first, then CBS. That will put you in your early 50’s. I’d suggest alternating between Sweb and FB until those reach the target goals.

The reason for only 18 points into Sweb? It’s only there to provide more bolts for CBS. You get 1 more bolt per shot with CBS for every 3 points placed into Sweb. Going to level 20 would not give any more bolts and Sweb itself is not used, so no need to max it out.

All throughout this you can feel free to give a pt here or there to your SM if you feel she needs a boost. You can get by without doing that if you take some time and shop for the gear suggested below. The casting target level of SM is 17. At level 17, the SM gets all of her rare items. Another approach is to cast her with a target level of 11 when she has all rare items except for one ring and her amulet. 8 +shadow skills is not at all unreasonable to figure on as 6 of those +skills can come from shadow claws. Those are claws with the +3 shadow skills mod on them and they can be bought from vendors in nightmare level once your character reaches level 50. That only leaves 2 more skills needed from your armor, helm, or amulet. That’s not at all unrealistic.

DONT LISTEN TO SIMPLE HE HAS NO CLUE WHAT HE IS SAYING! :nooob

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
Kao said:
If you make a trapper, and you are using a shield, it's like a CS Zon dueling a Teleporting novanec.

:rofl2 This is deffinitly worth any points for the double post if any. Sorry bout this, but damn thats too funny.

Kao for '04

simpleforce

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
actaully, i use switch my boots and belt around depending on who i duel and no it doesn't suck. come to think of it, its probably the second best dueler i have after tornado druid. just wait till ladder season is over.

whats ur acct xxsworn? ur nonladder? im up for a duel with anyone who disagrees with me :) mine is *simpleforce, just whisper me and say u want to duel

btw u might want to reconsider on ur skill points xxsworn, remake ur trapper

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
*sigh* xxsword or w/e your name, your skills points are terrible as simpleforce has mentioned... and yea, I also switch belt, ring, ammy, and belt around, and also wear shield depending on which enemy Im against.. but meh I just leave my boots, perf nat's boot = good enuf for me.

Skills points:
BoS = 1~5 (when you have skill points left, spend it here)
*MAIN SKILL* Lightning sentry = 20
Shock Web = 20
Charged Bolt Sentry = 20
Death Sentry = 20 (use in hell if you need, corpse explosion = gg monsters)
Psychic hammer = 1 (use against pallies or Barbs with high FHR, this will knock em back good =D)
Weap block = 1 (with high +skills, you can get to 50%, this also blocks magic attacks, such as fire ball, bone spirit, etc..)
Fade = 0 (waste of point, BoS is much better)
Mind blast = 1 (if you want, put some more here, I did, and I regret that. Use this skill to keep on stunning target in a duel)
Shadow Master = ? (Aye, the infamous shadow master, you might want to spend some points here.)

Stats:
Str = Item requirement (From what I see, I think all you'll need is bartuc requirement, which is 79, and if you need any more, you'll have +20 str from bartuc, which gives you 109... put more if you want.)
Dex = 79 (bartuc requirement)
Vit = rest
Energy = none (you dont even need alot of mana.. mana pot = gg energy points)

whats ur acct xxsworn? ur nonladder? im up for a duel with anyone who disagrees with me mine is *simpleforce, just whisper me and say u want to duel
Im forced to say, grow the **** up simpleforce. You have no idea what I've gone through with D2 Forumers when I first came here :p

simpleforce

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
no i don't know what u've gone through... do i care? NO.
he said he wanted to duel so i asked his acct, theres nothing better to do on diablo.

why doesn't bf make a dueling section?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
simpleforce said:
no i don't know what u've gone through... do i care? NO.
he said he wanted to duel so i asked his acct, theres nothing better to do on diablo.

why doesn't bf make a dueling section?
Doesnt say anywhere he wanted to duel you, maybe it was from pm? then deal with it from pm plz.

as for items..

try to look for anything to do with +trap skill or asn skills, I use 2+trap skill ammy with teleport charges (rare) and 1 bartuc and 3 +trap with 3 + LS, Skin of vipermagi, 2+ asn skill with 20 all resist circlet, nat's boots, magifist, titan/SoE for belt, SoJ, and Raven frost <-- must have item, you need it so that you wont be frozen.

Thats like poor gear for trappers I think, if you're rich.. try to get these:
-2 3+trap and 3+ LS claws
-1 SoJ or 2 SoJ
-1 raven frost if you have only 1 soj
-Enigma on Duskshourd
-Shako with Um
-Nat's Boots (perf)
-Magifist
-Perf Maras
-Bunch of +trap Grandcharms
-bunch of 3% FRW small charms and 20+ life small charms
-and Annihilius.

so.. as for strength, around 100~115? Since your claws will have highest requirement... or maybe lower if you're using exceptional...

edit

thats just my 2cents on trapper gears, Im sure one of you will come up with better ones, I just never ran bots 24/7 since Im not crazy D2 addict, and never had chance to hold these "godly" items.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
The Claws will definately be the highest on Str/dex, so I would say get to hell anya and just search for 2 excep or norm claws, make em 2x sockets each, and put whatever you want in them, exception of facets. Facets don't work with Traps, just so you know.

WildfireFX

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
"u have a trapper don't u wildfire... next i see we will see whats better
resist vs claw block"

Wearing enigma, I would tele away from traps. I wouldn't get hit. I would use tele to get up close to you, lay traps, and get out. Plus, claw block has a chance at blocking your traps. Lidless won't do that.

Note: im not against using HOTO/Lidess on a trapper, but you gotta make sure you do it right..!

Guru

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Silly me. I forgot traps are affected by IAS, not FCR, making the hoto/lidless combo even more useless (unless you wanted to speed up tele). The insane amount of skills, the better blocking, and the more life from dual claws out weights it ways hoto/lidless by far

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
More life? Explain please?

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Ahh, wasn't thinking like that. And Come on, if you're going to use a shield, you might as well have 75% Block for PK, and, as far as I know, getting Max Block with a Lidless is like trying to do 36k physical legitly with a gull dagger.

DDRaddict

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
if your going into the path of mind blast then hoto isn't a bad weapon. i rather use wiz though since u can lay traps faster with wiz then with hoto.

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Yeah, if you're just going to use Hoto/Lidless for Tele'ing, you might as well enjoy the benefits of a Wiz.

Status
Not open for further replies.