Transparent Color For Skining??

answerson

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hello, i'm kinda of a newbi, i mean i'v been map editing for like 4 years, on sc, this is way crazyer. and sorry if this question was answered already but i checked 15 pages and decided there isnt anything. Some one already said something about alpha 1 then edit to color and it will be transparent, but it wasnt detailed enough for me.

what i want it to make arthers sword skinnyer, and longer. and i can goto channels and create alpha-1 but three are properties tehre i dont get, and i just dont see how it makes it transparent.
If someone could please give be a detialed tutorial on just this (Making colors transparent) i would greatly appreciate it, thank you:D

l33t 0n3

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Depending on the nature of the model (you can always change it by converting it to .mdl format, editing in notepad, then converting to mdx..) you can set a normal Transparency in photoshop on skins such as Frostmourne, or you can edit the Aplha 1 channel (black =transparent white=opaque) to your hearts content if its another material type. I think only the troll hero cant be aplha'd... I could go more in-depth, but it totally depends on if you use PSP or PS to edit your skins...

answerson

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
thanks l33t , and i am using PS7. i dont know how to edit chanels, and does that mean if i use black with a diffrent channel, it will show transparent? i re-read your post a bunch, i just cant make sense of it, thank you so much.

jimchu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Im not much of a skinner only because im to lazy to buy a good image editor, ex. cinema 4d. For transparency you most likely will need a good image editor. IF you have one it should be in the options somewhere.

answerson

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
oh, heh yea i dont gotta image editor.. damn maybe ill say *&^% it and just complelty model the characters =D