• TPS....duh

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

Nicholas The Slide

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Which do all of you like more Third or Fisrt Person Shooters? (and why)

Personally i like third person because i feel like i have much more control over the character and it is much much more fun to look at, in my opinion.

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
I like FPS more because I think it is more close to reality.

L

Laharl

FPS shooters are a lot closer to realism.

Note: The "Try playing any decent shooter in 3rd person, and you'll get obliterated." goes both ways.

L

Laharl

I'm talking about the perspective being closer to reality. Because let's face facts: you're not going to be viewing your character from a angle in the sky, or what have you. I actually prefer to see what my character would "see".

The joys of being untouchable.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Of course a game where you shoot guns, aliens, zombies communists, terrorists, republicans, teletubies are soooo much more realistice because it's first person.

Third person allows much more control and functionality with your character, and doesn't limit movement to a 35 degree cone of sight which is unbareably unusable.

L

Laharl

Which is, sadly, what people really have. It seems you'd be a lot harder to sneak up on, which is funny since humans naturally have considerably large blind spots.

I don't see any loss of functionality. The piles of dead zombies would agree.

Neolch

Member!
Reaction score
I love First Person Shooters, they give you a better aim and an easier chance to get a look on things. You don't have to worry jumping in FPSs, in a TPS when you go to jump an obstacle you may fall short seeing as you don't get the front eye view. Then again, I mostly play games that have both aspects in them, FPS and TPS.

L

Laharl

I scare my friends when playing FPS games, by the way. I listen to "Hippie songs" about love, peace, fellowship while blowing everything away. I've taken out two friends, three bots on my own. Heavy Support FTW!

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
c9h13no3 said:
Try playing any decent shooter in 3rd person, and you'll get obliterated.
With the exception to Tom Clancy games.

GoVi

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
I love games like tombraider,kotor, and ghost recon. 3rd person perspective adds more. Only flaw i can see is the way Lara croft handles lika a cement truck when moving.

L

Laharl

Thid person perspective removes a small bit right in front of you, and also quite a bit of realism. I'm with Renzo.

I also believe that shooters don't belong on the PC.

L

Laharl

How so? I really enjoy the first person perspective, particularily when shooting. The only thing close to a third person shooter that I feel is close to being legendary is "Super Smash TV". So, how are third person shooters better?

L

Laharl

That's some swell logic you have going, Pan.

FPS are superior for the following reasons:
1. More realistic viewpoint (You don't view the world from somebody else's perspective)
2. The player is "closer" to the action, and the "blind spots" (Yes, people have vast spots they can't see, one of which is actually right in front of us, our mind just automatically fills it with what it seems to think makes sense)
3. I just like seeing the gun as if I'm actually holding it (Kekeke).

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
i dont mind any of them
both have advantages and disadvantages

Third person- soem games have shitty camera angles but i jump better with out lookign at teh ground

FPS- bit more realistic but the arms look dumb and i hate jumping large gaps

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
More realistic viewpoint (You don't view the world from somebody else's perspective)
Sure in your ideology it’’s more realistic. But realism sucks ass. Best video games in the world? No where near realistic. Realism blows. The more you try to make things realistic, the shittier the game becomes.

2. The player is "closer" to the action, and the "blind spots" (Yes, people have vast spots they can't see, one of which is actually right in front of us, our mind just automatically fills it with what it seems to think makes sense)
In other words you have never played a TPS.

3. I just like seeing the gun as if I'm actually holding it (Kekeke).
1. If your arms were a foot long and came out of your midsection.