Tourney Over. BAM and Tac have won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitty

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Battle of the Fiction Favorites: Revised

I know, I know. We've had this before, but it's old and forgotten and bumping threads is something we're not supposed to do, right? Kay.

So this is simple, we're basically having a battle. Not using our own characters, but characters someone else made up. I don't care whether it's from a game or a show, or an anime. Your choice.

One thing - keep this fair, don't overpower yourself, no godmodding, and resolve all arguments sensibly (if there are any).

So, onto the battle!

The picture should tell you who I am, if not, it's InuYasha...

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
It would be goddmodding if I used any of my favorite characters, so...

Urimeshi Yusuke is my choice.

Attacks for further reference:
Spirit Gun Strong, focused attack
Shotgun Weak wide attack
Spirit Wave Concentrated, spread attack
Spirit Bazooka Powerful, focused attack
Spirit Orb Use will completely drain user, but likely kill oppenent if weakened.

That's all I can think of right now. He'll be fun to throw around...

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
i was thinking of vash...but no

I'll choose Dakkon of Shakat`lor Drowning, the Githzerai Zerth, from Planescape Torment

abilities:
master swordsman, blade (karach) changes based on his will power, slight magical abilities. (Zerthimons Focus, Vilquar's Eye, Submerge the Will, Scripture of Steel, Reign of Anger, Power of One, Missile of Patience, Balance in all things. these spells at will)
Dakkon seems to have an ability to forge things from chaos matter, such as his blade and armor

speaks with emphasis on 'knowing' of things

might need a few defs. here
Shakat`lor: Decimated Githzerai city, downfall caused by Dakkon's doubt of 'knowing' the words of Zerthimon as Zerthimon 'knew' them

Githzerai: The People (his race)

Zerth: Githzerai Warrior who follows the words of Zerthimon

Zerthimon: first Zerth, learned the Scripture of steel, first of The People to 'know' himself after enslavement by the ithilids

Zerthimons Focus: Increases Critical chance
Vilquar's Eye: essentially Blinds victim
Submerge the Will: adds a shield of force around target creature
Scripture of Steel: takes less damage from piercing/slashing attacks
Reign of Anger: like magic missiles
Power of One: increases strength and damage
Missile of Patience: increases power with time
Balance in All Things: if Dakkon is hit, then all hostiles in area take that much damage as well

Tidus

Member!
Reaction score
Website
home.earthlink.net
Aww man, BAM got my 1st choice! I'll edit this later after I've had some more thought of who I can use that may have a chance aginst anyone else...(to be continued)

Kaldaris

Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
Jarlaxle Beanre

Slender ebony hands enclosing on an onyx goblet... Ahh Jarlaxle, the deadliest of the deadly drow, his mere attitude incites anger in the Matron Mothers of the Underdark, his flagrant display of disrepect has put him on many a hit-list...

Magical Items-
Inexhaustable Magical Dagger Supply
Borello, has the following effects
- Creates a magical warhammer at will
- Can create a magical Diamytra bird (A fast underdark bird) to ride on
- Can create a hole to a sanctuary dimension, only the wielder of the hat, and 2 designated targets may enter
Prismatic Cape, can shine brilliantly and stun onlooking opponents
Boots, causes Jarlaxle to go completly silent, no matter what hes doing, this effect doesnt extend to things outside him, i.e. Bumping into a table still causes noise
Eye Patch (Not shown in picture), Prevents outside magical/psychic intrusions to his mind
Ring of Fire, can cast 3 fireballs a day
Firebane Ring, all fire attacks that hit Jarlaxle are negated, i.e. A fireball lands and hits Jarlaxle, everyone else it would have hit is uneffected as well

Jarlaxle Beanre is the leader of Bregan De'Arthe, a band of houseless male rouges, much to the despise of many Matron mothers who would like nothing better then to see them all dead, his pragmatism and wisdom gets him out of many situations.​

Tidus

Member!
Reaction score
Website
home.earthlink.net
If this is OK, I've decided to use a classic---Cloud Strife from FF7.
I will have him equipped like I have him in my current saved game.
Weapon:Ultima Weapon (Cloud's Ultimate Weapon, ned I say more?)
Armor:Wizard's Bracelet (best attribute is that has max ammount of materia spaces, also god Def. and Magic Def.)
Accesory:Ribbon (protects from all abnormal status)

I will only use these materia though, not all of them I have equipped-
Master Magic (all magic known)
Master Summon (all summons known)
Master Command (all commands)
W-Magic (use 2 magic spells at same time)]
W-Summon (2 summons at same time)
W-Item (2 items at same time)
Final Attack+Pheonix (need host approval,uses Pheonix as Final Attack after his HP reaches 0, Pheonix=Fire Dmg to all opponents and revives all dead allies, usable once per fight)
HP Plus level 5 (adds 50% health, although top heath in game is 9999)
MP Plus (same as HP plus, but w/ MP, MP max in game is 999)
Long Range (does equal damage from any distance, like a long range weapon)

I will explain the summons/spells/commands as I use them.

Janseagle

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
WooT! I'd like to join. ^_^ I'm going to use one of my more entertaining characters built for a FF8 PBeM.

Name: Ray

Description: Ray is a skinny young man set up in a
baggy tan trench-coat, worn jeans, and a ragged shirt.
His hair is dirty blonde and hangs in front of his
face, hiding emerald green eyes and the slightly
crazed look behind them. His is rather short in
stature and is the short of person that no one pays
attention to beyond the first glance. The skin on his
knuckles is tough the cause of which one would guess
would be constant fist fights. He walks with a severe
slouch, his hands jammed in his pockets and head
down-turned. He prefers to sit on the floor, his arms
draped over his legs staring at life's activities
through the veil of his hair.

Weapons: Ray uses powerful smei-automatic handguns.
He stores these weapon in cross thigh holsters, western-style. Though he has, on occasion,and when given access to it, been known to carry enough firepower under that coat to match that in his head.

Powers: Ray is what's called a burster, a pyromaniac, a pyrokineticis..... More or less he's a guy who likes fire way... too... much...... ^_^ Ray is a Paragon of Pryos, the best of the best, a force so destructive it's scary.

Personality: What could be worse than an 18 year old with enough power to incinerate New York? Why, a 500+ year old in the unaging body of an 18 year old who has spent the last 400 years of his life imprisoned in the Plane of Chaos where his mind was subject to the most soul-wrecking insanities ever conceived... with enough power to incinerate New York. ^_^

Weakness: Well duh... He's almost as likely to attack his partners or the crowd as anyone else xD Of course this could be avoided if you're a friend of his........ partially.

Tidus

Member!
Reaction score
Website
home.earthlink.net
Lol, colorful personality!
Anyway, I've picked up a small avatar sized image of Cloud-

I'll try to find a full sized one soon.

Kaldaris

Reaction score
Website
www.sundren.org
Originally posted by Zealot_Warrior
If this is OK, I've decided to use a classic---Cloud Strife from FF7.
I will have him equipped like I have him in my current saved game.
Weapon:Ultima Weapon (Cloud's Ultimate Weapon, ned I say more?)
Armor:Wizard's Bracelet (best attribute is that has max ammount of materia spaces, also god Def. and Magic Def.)
Accesory:Ribbon (protects from all abnormal status)

I will only use these materia though, not all of them I have equipped-
Master Magic (all magic known)
Master Summon (all summons known)
Master Command (all commands)
W-Magic (use 2 magic spells at same time)]
W-Summon (2 summons at same time)
W-Item (2 items at same time)
Final Attack+Pheonix (need host approval,uses Pheonix as Final Attack after his HP reaches 0, Pheonix=Fire Dmg to all opponents and revives all dead allies, usable once per fight)
HP Plus level 5 (adds 50% health, although top heath in game is 9999)
MP Plus (same as HP plus, but w/ MP, MP max in game is 999)
Long Range (does equal damage from any distance, like a long range weapon)

I will explain the summons/spells/commands as I use them.
Man that is so BS...... You cannot possibly have all that shit on your guy, first of all, his armor cant possibly have enough materia slots for all that, and secondly, I KNOW his sword doesnt have enough slots for that shit. HP/MP+, LR, FA+P, WM, WI, WS, MC, MS, MM, way too many, thats 11 materia, and you'd better explain what they do to the other people first, because otherwise it'd be like, "Whatz Bahamut Zero Du?!? Durrh!11?!??", and you could go, "You dont dodge, you die". :\ Its not that I dont trust you... Wait... No... I dont trust you. :p

Tidus

Member!
Reaction score
Website
home.earthlink.net
Lol, I have it all explained, exept the summons/spells/commands, which I'll explain when I use them.In the game, the materia slots range from 0-10, i think. Both my armor and weapon have full, which is 10, so I know I haven't gone over the limit.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Okay, here's the deal, Zealot_Warrior...

Because the FF battle system is very different from what the others of us are using, the rules will...differ for you. When you face one of our characters, if that's what KittieKitty is doing, you will either change your battle system to ours, or allow us to change to yours. I know I have the skills to alter Yusuke to the FFVII system. It won't be all that difficult. My biggest problem is that I haven't played enough of FFVII to know all the spells/skills in it.

But altering to "our battlesystem" is probably harder. There are never any real mention to HP or MP, just mention of "how the character feels". Yusuke, for example, would technically expend all MP and 3/4 HP to use Spirit Orb in an attack. Actually, Spirit Orb is in existance within him. A part of him, and yet not a part of him. It's his energy, and yet it can act on it's own. It's entirely possible for him to create an entirely new being from the Spirit Orb that can attack and such of it's own volition. I won't do that because of...certian concerns that would crop up.

What I'm saying is this: Addendums will be made. What? I'm not sure.

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Looks like somebody's managed to drag me into this thingie.

No, not gonna be using Misao...too predictable. :D

Instead, gonna be using this good looking dude:

Info:

Name - Sanosuke Sagara (nick name: Chicken-Head)
Age - 19
Weapon - Occassionally uses a zanza (this giant blade that looks like a banana leaf, approx. 2 metres long, something like the giant blade that Cloud from FF uses). But it's too tedious, so generally, he uses pure basic martial arts with his fists
Special abilities - Very strong guy in terms of strength. Can also turn stone into dust in 1/78 of a second (can't remember name of skill)
Other 'personal' stuffs - Very stubborn and sometimes 'stupid' (he's not very educated). Likes to eat. :)

- Amantis

Tidus

Member!
Reaction score
Website
home.earthlink.net
The FF battle system isn't too hard to change, I figured I'd have to change for battle anyway. The ATB wouldn't work on forums. When I post, I'll just have my HP/MP on top of wverything, no one else hasd to change, just when you fight me, make sure to inclde the damage done. MP is just like what Yuske uses, it is the essence of your soul, the very matter of all life and death, in this case mostly death.

Kitty

Reaction score
Originally posted by Kaldaris
I think we need to get alot of people, and do a team tourney. Advertise! :p
I'm all for a team tourney. It should be quite interesting.

The way of battling will be a problem, because I'm not familiar with FF system of fighting at all ^^;; But I'm sure we can work something out.

DB

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I will be using Kite. AHAHAH Data Drain will own all your characters no matter what. :-D

Kitty

Reaction score
Remember, you aren't supposed to be overpowered....so in that case, you should brag about how strong your character is either. ~.~

Status
Not open for further replies.