Total Waste of Money

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Fast expo as soon as you can. If you watch some of MS' replays, you can learn how to do this with a hero, and such few units. Besides, Greg (Dream_walker) and I have had our share of imba levels. We were ofter like level 4 and our enemies were like 20+. And yet, we still beat them >:.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
PauseBreak said:
Alright, I tried a bit last after noon. I still had to wait longer than I wanted, and my games seem to be getting worse.
I was trying out some 1v1.

I'm a lvl 1, vs a lvl 6. NE
Next game, lvl 1. vs a lvl 10 HU
Next game, a lvl 1 vs a lvl 14 ORC

Seriously! I lost all those games. They lvl 6 rushed with a demon hunter and a few hunts.
The second game was just a slaughter house.
And the third, I was suprised! I did very well! Then I ran out of gold before I could make another ToL to get more gold. Otherwise I had the guy pretty much cornered. :)
pay no attention to the level at this point, levels mean nothing.
If you post your replays, you could probably get some good comentary on what your doing wrong. Plus you only just got the game, it took me two years to get so freaking amazing like I am.

_JaKE

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
lol the first time i tried bnet was at 3 am and i was like wtf this is bullshit! no games! lol, then a thought came over me...

Shaggy.2Dope

Agna Deus, Qui tollis peccata uni
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
PauseBreak said:
Alright, I tried a bit last after noon. I still had to wait longer than I wanted, and my games seem to be getting worse.
I was trying out some 1v1.

I'm a lvl 1, vs a lvl 6. NE
Next game, lvl 1. vs a lvl 10 HU
Next game, a lvl 1 vs a lvl 14 ORC

Seriously! I lost all those games. They lvl 6 rushed with a demon hunter and a few hunts.
The second game was just a slaughter house.
And the third, I was suprised! I did very well! Then I ran out of gold before I could make another ToL to get more gold. Otherwise I had the guy pretty much cornered. :)
levels mean shit just cuz they have a high ass level dont mean they're any less of a :nooob

zx9r

Member!
Reaction score
This may sound like a stupid question, but are you playing RoC or TFT? I can understand no games on RoC at 1am, hell, you will take 5 mins to find one at 6pm... but tft, i usually play til 1am on Azeroth, and max wait for me is usually a minute, 2 max. Usually, around 30-40 seconds and im in a game, then again i usually use a lvl 10 screw-off account. are u searching RT? 4v4 or 3v3? those are the most common RT games, 2v2's arent as popular in RT, and solo games may take a few mins depending on your level... not too many noobs try soloing at 1am in the morning when all the gosu red bull addicts are awake. =)

zx9r

Member!
Reaction score
Just wanted to veryify, I played last night from 7pm-ish to around 1:30am, and had little trouble finding games, although a few timed out before they got to the players screen. Average wait time was 50 seconds according to bnet, and it was pretty close to being accurate. Sometimes just as I would hit Play, it would find a game. So not sure what your issue is, maybe its your connection?

L

Laharl

I agree. It is a waste of money. And the game itself isn't that good.

-Big-Fat-Homo wasted good money on a crappy game. What a shame. :(

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Pfft! Those who buy games and don't like it don't know how to enjoy what they have to the full extent. I may find the games I have boring, but I play them anyways. If they make me talk and enjoy, then they are worth every penny. Especially Warcraft! All you need is a niche and you are set. It can be ladder, Dota, TDs, or Frenzies of any type.

Its Playability I go for, if it has it, then I will play it.

zx9r

Member!
Reaction score
War3 has high replay value, as long as you have an internet connection (hopefully high speed) I mean, between the ladder play, tournaments, custom games, hell even just screwing with noobs in the channels has replay value for me... im easily entertained. =)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Just some people are now playing WoW. Even though, like Diablo II will eventually get to a point where you have everything and then you wonder whats the point of continuing on from there.

zx9r

Member!
Reaction score
True but with Diablo, they managed to add new things/items/monsters with patch updates. That and the potential for a new dupe kept me hooked for years.... remember the charsi dupe? man i had accounts full of sojs back in the day...

they add stuff to WoW all the time (it seems) compared to WC3, which i believe, other than random balance changes, wont have any major additions anymore =(

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Because the game looks balanced enough as it is, until they introduce another hero or something if they plan on a 1.21. They still have 4 slots in the Tavern for this :).

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Hellwolf_36 said:
Because the game looks balanced enough as it is, until they introduce another hero or something if they plan on a 1.21. They still have 4 slots in the Tavern for this :).
no, they only have one. The top three are reserved for player's heros who had died.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Even though it costs a hell load of money to revive it, but its instant and they start with 50% of thier life. However, it can be a life saver in FFA.

_JaKE

Reaction score
they should take away the alchemist...

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Are you kidding? That alchemist has awesome abilities, just people misuse him or don't even know how to use him. Many heroes are looked at that way, but when you figure out how any hero is used, then its fine.

_JaKE

Reaction score
so how do you use him, cus i missed it.

um yes warcraft has major replayabilty, and you can determine that by looking at the people who are level 45

not_a_poster

Member!
Reaction score
OMG THE SAME THING HAPPENS TO ME, i only have ROC and i search for "melee" games at 6 pm and it goes for 6+ minutes. O yea, and what does the playgame button do. It like changes ur settings or settings but, how do i set it to get me to join the maximum ammount of melee games.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
_JaKE said:
so how do you use him, cus i missed it.

um yes warcraft has major replayabilty, and you can determine that by looking at the people who are level 45
Revelade wrote a guide in the Strategies sticky, take a look at it sometime!