Torus confusion?!?!?!?!

Zeroth

Member!
Reaction score
i was bored, so i made this in Bryce 5... if you want to know the stats about it, it has 256 polygons and has 6 torus things... i think i may have overdone it with red... what do tthink about it?

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
You really need to anti-alias as best as possible

Zeroth

Member!
Reaction score
i did antialias it in Bryce 5, just standard, super fine would take, oh, maybe and hour to render the first part!!!!!

but, PLEASE tell me, did I over do it with the red???
i need to know that because i'm giving it to a friend as a good desktop background...

pat

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You didn't over do it with red, you over did it with the cliched ugly reflective toruses rendered at a low resolution with low quality.

An hour isn't a long period of time when you're referring to 3d rendering...learn to be patient or just quit.

Zeroth

Member!
Reaction score
ok, thanks with comment about the red. i just re-rendered it in superfine antialiasing and it looks exacty the same.

i'll add some varients with style.

a few reflective rins, a few textured rings...

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by UnforgivinAngel
looks ugly as hell to me. and with graphics there is no time limit so do superfine and go play ps2/xbox/GC or what ever while you wait.
Amen

I think those torus are too much attached to each other...

Zeroth

Member!
Reaction score
why do you think i called it torus confusion???

its just some torus' attatched together, hence the name "torus confusion"!!!! try following the path of one of the torus'...
the outer ones are hard to follow...

oh, and i don't think i need to listen to you people because my friends like it, my parents like it (they thought i made it for a bg, bg my ass... my screen res. is 1280X1024!!!), and i like it.

you people are too critical about things.

did i mention that i don't have photoshop? all i have is Bryce 5 (got the cheapest version that i accualy could buy from them) and PaintShop Pro 7!!!

its not like i have thousands of dollars to buy a few art programs!!! i saved up for a long time to buy Bryce 5 at $12 a week... in other words, i saved up to buy about 3 games at $50 each, or about 14 weeks...

pat

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Wait, so you spent over $150 on Bryce? Either I've miscalculated/misread ($12 * 14 weeks = $168), I've wrongly assumed that the price is in USD ( Location: NM, USA!!!!!!!! ), or you got ripped off...who is "them"?

Taking into consideration educational discounts which would likely apply (I'm guessing that if your weekly income is $12 usd, you're a student) - you could have bought Photoshop E AND Bryce for less than what you paid for Bryce...

http://academicsuperstore.com/market/marketdisp.html?PartNo=586001
http://academicsuperstore.com/market/marketdisp.html?PartNo=700003

ORC-r0x0r-ROC

Like my cute wabbit?
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I think the problem is the program. It is very low quality but it could look very good 3.5/10. It had potential but you can see lines where there is different shades of red. I like the core and the reflection though. The right bottom corner doesn't look... right. The pixels are just... There was a spec of white between some red (dunno name) and it made it look ugly. You tried to make it shine but too many different lines that don't blend in. I see you are a bit new to 3D pictures like this.

CelestialBadger

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lord Hishado
oh, and i don't think i need to listen to you people because my friends like it, my parents like it (they thought i made it for a bg, bg my ass... my screen res. is 1280X1024!!!), and i like it.
My parents were proud of me the first time I took a shit... What's your point?

Arkillo

The best of both worlds
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com

Then GTFO

Bjornita

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
If you don't want criticism, don't post in the forum for critiquing artwork....

DigitalElite

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
fishdynastyproducts.deviantART.com
^^That is a good point^^

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
I didn't think it was too horrible actually...It was a lot more interesting/creative than most of the renders these trendwhores (myself) make ;)

TheNamelessYam

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site

holy shit, i was going to give you some support because everyone was talking shit about your work, then i read this part of your post.