Too soon to announce Battlefield 4?

fred87nc

Member!
Reaction score
Out of nowhere comes the fact that to gurantee your spot in the Battlefield 4 beta, you must buy Medal Of Honor warfighter. This is funny since the MOH wont be coming out till end of the year, and they using Battlefield 4 to boost their sales, which I dont blame them, but BF4 so soon? Im still have so much to wait for in Battlefield 3 with all the expansion packs coming out, was hoping for BF4 to be release on the next gen consoles, but who knows, maybe it will be a pass for the new consoles.

What do you guys think?

Vigorix

Reaction score
Well it is only the beta and won't be starting until next year a little before the last expansion comes out. Plus I seriously doubt that Battlefield 4 would be on a completely new game engine. But yes I agree it is a bit too early.

BOBDOB

Reaction score
Yes I agree it really is too soon to announce it. I mean when there expansion packs are still not out yet they are announcing the beta for the next game. However maybe they just want a head-start in getting a buzz for the game.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
I don't think it's that soon. It's not as if we didn't know that they would have a Battlefield 4 and if it helps another game, they should go for it. Besides, they'll announce enough delays for it to land on the new consoles anyway, so it won't be a problem at all.

EvoDoom

Member!
Reaction score
Sigh... Battlefield 4? You would think they would at least put some effort into a new title for the game... the numbered sequels are getting sort of old. Perhaps even BF4:something would be better. I dunno, probably just me being fussy :( Yeah I have got to agree this is a little soon to be honest, I haven't even played much BF3 yet!

micromachne

Member!
Reaction score
Well, if you consider Call of Duty comes out yearly, it's not really too soon at all. What's good and ok with one should be good and ok with anyone else as well.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
You not playing enough of BF3 has nothing to do with their schedule. Right now, they are the only real competition to COD, so yes, they'll have to come out on a yearly schedule and if they can help another game while doing it, then I have no problem with it. I won't be surprised to see a new Bad Company 3 around the corner.

micromachne

Member!
Reaction score
What people should REALLY be worrying about is the game quality rather than the release time frame.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
I've yet to hear of any decrease in game quality and considering that they are releasing the beta so "early," maybe that will play heavily into them keeping the quality above par.

EvoDoom

Member!
Reaction score
You not playing enough of BF3 has nothing to do with their schedule. Right now, they are the only real competition to COD, so yes, they'll have to come out on a yearly schedule and if they can help another game while doing it, then I have no problem with it. I won't be surprised to see a new Bad Company 3 around the corner.
You make a good point, if CoD release a new game and everyone starts playing that then they could potential lose some gamers.

Sugarhill

Member!
Reaction score
Well, it seems like the lines are drawn rather clearly between the two fan bases, but even if they do bleed over, I guess I just don't see the problem with annual games. Especially for these types of games as the bulk of their players do play the game for so many hours in a year, that they would have to be tired of it by the next year.

micromachne

Member!
Reaction score
Long story short, if there IS a problem with the game coming out "too soon", the fans will let them know with their wallets.