^TiMe TRaVeL^

FaceInTheDark

Member!
Reaction score
Emolite said:
if you reached the speed of light... or really REALLY close to it

would you be able to see the light particles going past?...

and as for bieng in outer space making you live longer, the lower gravity allows less stress on your heart
I don't think anyone knows the answer to this day cause only theories about time travel exist. There's absolutely no proof yet.

But I'm guessing no, you won't see any light particles cause you'll be reaching the destination instantly.

Zerglite

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
FaceInTheDark said:
I don't think anyone knows the answer to this day cause only theories about time travel exist. There's absolutely no proof yet.

But I'm guessing no, you won't see any light particles cause you'll be reaching the destination instantly.
the speed of light doesnt mean instantly...

traveling at the speed of light it would take 8 mins to reach the sun :)

Induhvidual_1

Reaction score
okay, i didn't really read every post.... but I know for a FACT that you can't time travel backwards (you can go forward because of that dilation thing)

backwards would not be possible (in fact traveling in lightspeed is not possible)

the reason is that there would be too much entropy and that would screw everything up, the universe tends to become more chaotic, it would take a lot of energy to return it back to a certain time.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
Gravity can slow down velocity, so why can it not slow down what we call time?? Black holes take everything in, even light, that's pretty intense.

Who knows what we will be able to do in the future. But lets use caution when we proceed.

Lights

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
What the hell? We can't travel through time?! But I saw that guy do it in The Time Machine!

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Cappy said:
Who knows what we will be able to do in the future. But lets use caution when we proceed.
Anyone who would be reading this will in no way ever have a part in the development of time travel. That's pretty much a given.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
We were able to break the 30 MPH barrier because it is physically possible. We can't break it, because there's a theroy saying we can not, not because the material would break apart, but because the energy would have to be infinite.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
TrongaMonga said:
We were able to break the 30 MPH barrier because it is physically possible. We can't break it, because there's a theroy saying we can not, not because the material would break apart, but because the energy would have to be infinite.
Don't travel @ the speed of light then?
I was @ a website that calculated space time and earth age.
Like, if I was to go to Mars and come back how old my friends were be compared to me.
Anyway, there was no option to travel 100 % of light. only 99.99%
Maybe we could vacation in space and other worlds if we didn't match the speed of light.

We could travel @ the speed of darkness. :D