^TiMe TRaVeL^

Nostalgia

Member!
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
Hey, I'm a time traveler from the year 2069. My mission is to own all of the inferior humans of this time and send them into the future as my slaves....

Nahh, jus fluppin round. Do you guys believe that time travel or any such thing exists? Cuz my neighbor is buildin a time machine and I want to known if I should call in the guys from the asylum now or after he blows up half my block.

elgrapadora

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
It all depends on if hes using a delorean and a flux capacitor made out of light rope. But tell us when he comes back with horrors of the future

Nostalgia

Member!
Reaction score
Website
myspace.com
After I saw the Butterfly Effect, I tapped into my time traveling powers and boostered the maximum potential.

Really though, I know how to time travel, you need a blackhole and some other minor things, or if you go faster than the speed of light, you'll actually travel backwards in time... but I want to know how I can build my very own time machine, today, tomorrow, or possibly next week. :)

aphextwin

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
i think u cant go into the future however u can go back, using einsteins theory of reletivity....... u just need to go faster than the speed of light

MacMan

Reaction score
They sent some photons from one point to another and they arrived and their destination at a speed that would have had to have been faster than light. In reality they didn't travel through time, their uncertainty just placed them ahead of their destination, giving them the appearance of faster-than-light speed. There most certainly was not a delay of 10 seconds.
Some scientists also believe that an electron travels back in time as it changes energy levels, or something, I haven't looked into this at all.
As for anything you "know," Nostalgia, about time travel, I can guarantee it's only theory.

_Ace

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
actually there are some stories on one guy called john titor who claimed to be a time traveller... and in case its possible to travel, my opinion is the same as newbie's i think you can only go to the past...

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
As MacMan said, they partially invented teleportation, not time travel...

Either way, it might be possible, but the ammount of energy necessery to do something like that would make it just impossible.

The more you approach the speed of light, the less time will pass to you. There's a theroy that says that if you pass the speed of light, you will go back on time.

According to quantic physics, however, you can not pass the speed of light, because there's this formula that show the mass and time that the person in the ship feels, and it equals the time or mass times 1/(sqr(1-v/c)), thus, if v=c, the lower part of the fraction equals 0, and that's mathematicly impossible. It may happen that, phisicly, it just jumps, but we didn't get there yet.

Did I just ruin this thread? :D

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I'm glad i do Physics. I understand that time dilation equation :)

But to go back in time, we'd need to go faster than the speed of light. And that IS impossible, you'd need ALL the energy in the universe, plus a WHOLE-LOT more. Because the more you accelerate an object, the more energy is required to accelerate it even more.

Btw, it's Quantum Physics Tronga :p

aphextwin

Reaction score
its einsteins theory of reletivity actually :p

MacMan

Reaction score
It's not! That's the big problem, fitting gravity into quantum physics. And Tronga, the denominator wouldn't equal zero, it would instead be a negative under a square root, in which case friendly numbers stop working.

Speedy

Machine Gun Funk
Reaction score
Someone probably would have come back by now. There have been so events that could possibly been stopped. But, it is possible that someone won't come back in time in the future.

@CaptainDry: Yea it kinda does. But it reminds me of 12 Monkeys more...

MacMan

Reaction score
Renzokuken said:
The negative also explains the traveling back in time.
No, it doesn't. We have absolutely no idea of how time behaves. All we have, at best, are a few Hollywood gimmicks. The idea that negative roots in the equation would reverse time implies that time is linear, like a number line, i.e. you can only move back and fourth. (Why not side to side? There's a difference.) It also implies an arbitrary assumption that the imaginary numbers would simply cause the "opposite" of what should normally be happening. We can't assume anything, it might not move us back and fourth but instead up and down, to and fro, whatever, we don't have a clue.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Of course it does, even getting close to the speed of light, time dilates (Slows down), so then therefore, we can say that going faster than the speed of light would make you go back in time.

Also, with time dilation, it would be impossible to go faster than the speed of light, because as we said before, it pulls out a negative number, and you can't get the square root of a negative number. So it's impossible.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Nostalgia said:
Really though, I know how to time travel, you need a blackhole and some other minor things, or if you go faster than the speed of light, you'll actually travel backwards in time... but I want to know how I can build my very own time machine, today, tomorrow, or possibly next week. :)

well according to steven hawkings his theory was that a blackhole might have caused a rupture in the space time continuim. but his theory was that black holes releases radation that was named "hawking radation" in which black holes will emit these radation until it collapse unto itself and disappear. well theoricly if a ship where to travel at the speed of light, and you started to walk inside the ship...wouldn't you be going "faster" than light?
*if that sounded weird that's cuz i'm drunk :wasted :wasted