Tier 3 Melee

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
Is it even worth it?
Orcs i might understand with the powerhouses that tauren are, but i have yet to see an abom/knight recently. And the only time i see bears is when NE is against human. :-/

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
its impractical for ud to get abombs, becasue ghouls are faster, cheaper and can deal amazing dps with frenzy, plus the collision size makes them ideal for micro.

every human layer complains that Knights are garbage, i disagree, they are the fastest tier 3 meele, and can run down most opponents, and they jsut got buffed.

ORcs have great tier 3. as for NE, Bears are fine, i get them alot more than u would think I should

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont see much garbage ness in tier 3 melees, aboms can be quite a tank in battles, Taurens are awesome with lust and wards, bears are good as well, knights are fast, they all have different advantages.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
Knights are fast? Tell that to an abom with the given lvl 2 unholy aura and you have the same.

I think mebbe knights should be tier two units (animal wartraining tier3) and nerf their armor by one or two. Then maybe i would use them instead of spellbreakers.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsara said:
Knights are fast? Tell that to an abom with the given lvl 2 unholy aura and you have the same.

I think mebbe knights should be tier two units (animal wartraining tier3) and nerf their armor by one or two. Then maybe i would use them instead of spellbreakers.
Attack speed, give knight innerfire and there's good tank.

Reaction score
a spellbreaker itself are decent melee at tier 2 - it's already a good enough substitute

I think that ghouls are a little too weak in the hp department, maybe if ghoul frenzy had a +hp modifier, then aboms would be useless then.

Samsara

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.WarcraftForums.com
AHappyChineseBoy said:
a spellbreaker itself are decent melee at tier 2 - it's already a good enough substitute

I think that ghouls are a little too weak in the hp department, maybe if ghoul frenzy had a +hp modifier, then aboms would be useless then.
my points exactly. with war3 in a constant state of rangedcraft maybe tier three for melee is kinda stupid.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
What is great about breakers, is they are the only other ranged meele, and have light armor. They will take care of ranged units, but unfortunately meele will pwn them.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
They are like huntress, except they steal spells and they have opposite armor type from huntress.

Sakuhta

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
I used to always quick tech to aboms and statues, and I almost never lost with it. People just always try to go for quicker strategies these days.

Reaction score
Er, I was saying that Knights shouldn't be tier 2 because Breakers are doing a good enuff job

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
N_ said:
They are like huntress, except they steal spells and they have opposite armor type from huntress.
and immune to magic I wish hunts had opposite armor then maybe I'd use them.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
Theroy said:
and immune to magic I wish hunts had opposite armor then maybe I'd use them.
Hunts are still useful nevertheless, despite their armor types.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
hunts>other tier 1 meele
tier 2 units>hunts when there is backup.

Things like demo will not kill hunts, the fact there are maybe grunts and micro involved that kill the hunts. Hunts are still the fastest tier 1 meele with the best health, along with one of the cheapest. they dominate tier 1, it is no surprise that they shold not be useful later. Bears are really good, since they themselves have quite possibly the best healing spell in the game on them and can add damage to an army

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
that topic is debatable, because it truely can depends on the player and heros used. most chances a ud player gets dk. and other hero and fiends sag behind remember that. The units both have the weapon type that does extra to the other while hunts have greater hp and faster move speed with a bounce attack, fiends do more damage.

A DK will speed fiends up however, while a potm may add more damage to hunts.

its really all situational

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
Pan said:
its impractical for ud to get abombs, becasue ghouls are faster, cheaper and can deal amazing dps with frenzy, plus the collision size makes them ideal for micro
OK? 15-20 damage ghouls against 36-60 damage aboms? Considering the fact they both have 3/3. I use aboms mostly against living opponents, Disease Cloud can totally screw up enemies. Although its 1 damage per second over 120. That 1 damage can really add up in the long run.

As for fiends vs hunts. It depends on how many fiends and hunts and what angle of attack they approach them from. The hunts would be killed if they were dealing with footmen or grunts and the fiends were behind them. But head on, the hunts may be able to defeat the fiends if they outnumber them.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Actualy, you need to take into attack the attack speed.

ghouls=16.6 dmg/sec
abomb=25.2 dmg/sec

that is only a 8.6 damage difference.

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
For orc. Not so much other races tier 3 melee dosen't even come close to being able to make a chim/Frost wyrm/Gryph depends how the income is. If it's low then I'll go knights. Won't get bears with NE unless I deciced I wanted them at tier 2 too many upgrades to go through and if you haven't started by tier3 it's too late.