This game is losing players as fast as SWTOR?

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
There is no way to confirm or deny. This rumor is based on the XFire numbers dropping, however Blizzard is never going to release this information, and there is no way to probe server traffic like an MMO (like: SWOTOR)

As for the game, Blizzard had a **** design. They expected palyers to spend weeks in Act I inferno, slowly grinding gear, as they fixed issues and added content. In essence, the RMAH was not supposed to even come out after Inferno had been even half-way cracked.
However, because they refused to do anything but internal testing, players found bugs and explots quickly, and beat inferno/began farmin Act III-IV. Following this, gold AH market was flooded with much better gear, allowing even more players to get into late inferno. It crashed the economy. Players solved the game months ahead of where Blizzard wanted you too. So now there is not any more content for players to work towards.

This is all because of their arrogance and unwillingness to extend a beta test to anything but the first half of Act I normal. If players were allowed to test lvl 60 characters most of this **** would have been caught and fixed. It's their own fault, and the designers inability to understand what Diablo II offered in the end-game.

Side note:
That Wizard invincible bug? That was found two months ago. It's only being looked into now because some idiot blabbed about it on the forums. Keep in mind, there are lots of eploits being used that no one knows about.
This guy knows what he is talking about. That is probably the most well articulated critique of the end game of Diablo III. I would have to agree with everything, including blizzard's arrogance when making this game.

dreyz

Reaction score
I think once a huge portion of the playerbase reaches the end game, there wouldn't be much incentive to stay any longer, unless I'm mistaken because I myself have not reached endgame yet.

That said, I heard many people leaving SWTOR as well because it gets old pretty fast and I've heard that PvP is quite imbalanced where higher level players would have advantages.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
I think once a huge portion of the playerbase reaches the end game, there wouldn't be much incentive to stay any longer, unless I'm mistaken because I myself have not reached endgame yet.

That said, I heard many people leaving SWTOR as well because it gets old pretty fast and I've heard that PvP is quite imbalanced where higher level players would have advantages.
There definitely is an end game wall for most players. After you reach end game there is nothing new to keep you in except the possibility of gearing up your character. After you do that though there is not much else to do. Blizzard really does need to add some end game soon.

micromachne

Member!
Reaction score
There definitely is an end game wall for most players. After you reach end game there is nothing new to keep you in except the possibility of gearing up your character. After you do that though there is not much else to do. Blizzard really does need to add some end game soon.
Of course, it doesn't help the game with the fact that the endgame can come so soon. After all these years of wait to have a 4 act game is pretty pathetic.

micromachne

Member!
Reaction score
Of course, it doesn't help the game with the fact that the endgame can come so soon. After all these years of wait to have a 4 act game is pretty pathetic.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
Well not even the shortness of the number of acts, if they added something extra in inferno throughout the acts. Maybe really hard dungeons with really good gear at the end or something. Something to keep people playing. I guess the PVP will help when it comes out.

EvoDoom

Member!
Reaction score
I have heard a lot about this and it has put a halt to my plans of purchasing this game next month. I was going to get it and then rumours started floating around of the game being entirely boring once you reached the end of the storyline once. :(

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
I have heard a lot about this and it has put a halt to my plans of purchasing this game next month. I was going to get it and then rumours started floating around of the game being entirely boring once you reached the end of the storyline once. :(
Well the game is a fun game and with promises of more things coming it will be worth it. Right now it is not really at its best. It is kind of like playing a PSP game at this point. But there will be PVP coming in the coming months, and there sure will be more content added, one good thing about blizzard is they always add new things.

micromachne

Member!
Reaction score
I know a lot of people play this game. They said it‘s really boring .
And they would rather play other games.

That's the same with every game though Play it enough, you get bored. And that's now matter how good the game is.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
That's the same with every game though Play it enough, you get bored. And that's now matter how good the game is.
This is true, I used to be an avid WoW player. Played for two years straight. One day I woke up started playing and was like this is getting really boring. They didn't change anything that day to make it that way, it just gradually became boring.

micromachne

Member!
Reaction score
Anyone want to take bets on when this game will officially go free to play.

I say it'll be free to play before 2013.

Libralesso

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah that would be such a rip off to the players who bought the game. Like I said earlier I am sure they will just continuously add more and more to the end game so it does not get boring.