Things that shouldn't be in Diablo 3

Galatia

Retired Staff
Reaction score
As a strictly- bowazon person, I was a racist against all other chars;)

Static

Premium Member
Reaction score
Besides a "fog of war" button that should be put on so you can see dungeons if you want to without d/ling MH and other virus'

I would also like to see a love making system put in so me and Gally can share our true feeling

;P ( . Y . )

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Collecting your corpse.
Having to collect your body when you die is completely pointless and annoying. It's extraneous, why can't you simply respawn? It would eliminate NK entirely, and you wouldn't have to start over if monsters surrounded your body.
That is done so you don't go gallivanting into every dungeon with absolutely no plan and because you know there is no penalty for dieing.

The inventory split screen
2.-Moving the screen and cutting it in half wouldn't be necessary if they could just make the inventory semi transparent, or at least give the option.
Splitting the screen or having half of it transparent and unclickable.... tough choice
Any bug that makes noobs confused
Again and again, there's a noob who just can't let go and accept he's beaten, so he'll use a copout and call you a hacker. This game is almost 10 years old. People still think that cop out works.
stupid

Paladins... make them less powerful, por favor.
Smite is unblockable. What?! That doesn't even make sense. This isn't even a bug, they designed it that way.
Complain about diablo II balance for Diablo II. If Diablo III uses the same character classes for a Diablo III you have a lot more things to worry about.

Useless skills. No more of these.
Grim ward? Shield Throw would be nice. Find a potion?! When you need a potion and don't have any left, you're most likely going to be low on mana and lucky to find a dead body that isn't your own. This skill is completely retarded. I'm thinking of more, but they're all barbarian skills. Molten Boulder was pretty useless.
Because the dev team sits around when designing a game and says to each oether "I have an idea for a completely useless skill, so naturally we are going to put it in the game.

Hammerdins
I never liked hammerdins. Not one aspect of using or playing them is appealing. Too overpowered to give a damn about.
keep that DIablo II *****ing elsewhere.

3-D
I don't care what you CGI fans are thinking. Next generation my ass. In-game, Blizzard's 2-D looks more realistic than its 3-D. I also hear people saying WoW has replaced Diablo 3 and taken its thunder.

Let me explain something. WoW will never ever EVER EVER be Diablo. It focused too much on how much crap they could put on one costume and not enough on the "does this look ****ing ridiculous" department. It's not original, it's not creative and definitely not worth the money.

Let Diablo keep its DonkeyKongCountry/Oddworld design.
same **** SC players pull for SCII. Guess the **** what, Blizzard isn't going to use outdated graphics and game engines for a game released in the following years. NO MATTER WHAT YOU THINK there is no way a 2D game is ever going to fly unless it is online and free or on the DS.

"Epic" cliché storyline
The expansion tried to be lord of the rings. They pushed it with the music. ..and characters. I never liked 'epic tales' because all that really means is explosions and mindless dreck but in a fantasy setting.

Diablo started as being calm and mysterious. Just a dirty concept, explicit content and storyline... even subtle subtext. Not fighting in some glorified war with too much **** going on. I also think blizzard screwed up by not spending a whole lot of time on deciding what the World Stone specifically does. All we know is that some force is weakened now and the world is going to change. Oh noooooes. o_O
Way to go guys, that's SURELY not an opening for you guys to pull something out of your ass THIS time.

I can smell it now... "another dimension". For the last time, for all you science fiction fans, dimensions aren't places to be ; they are forms of measurement.
dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

Johnny

IMMERSION RUINED
Reaction score
That is done so you don't go gallivanting into every dungeon with absolutely no plan and because you know there is no penalty for dieing.

Splitting the screen or having half of it transparent and unclickable.... tough choice

stupid

Complain about diablo II balance for Diablo II. If Diablo III uses the same character classes for a Diablo III you have a lot more things to worry about.

Because the dev team sits around when designing a game and says to each oether "I have an idea for a completely useless skill, so naturally we are going to put it in the game.

same **** SC players pull for SCII. Guess the **** what, Blizzard isn't going to use outdated graphics and game engines for a game released in the following years. NO MATTER WHAT YOU THINK there is no way a 2D game is ever going to fly unless it is online and free or on the DS.

dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb
I love you.

You know whats also annoying? Having to walk back to where you started from when you died (to collect your corpse). Wouldn't it be more fun to simply not be able to die? That would certainly make it easier for all players; new and advanced.

Orcryst

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
orcryst.blogspot.com
I believe you meant this
dying - Definitions from Dictionary.com

You lose gold, experience and have to restart in town and kill the monsters that would normally swarm around your body and make you do the quest all over again.

NK is too annoying, aside from the fact that nearly every other RPG doesn't have this "feature".

Unclickable? Perhaps I'm unaware you have a fetish, though I've never heard of pullingrandomthingsoutofyourass-philia. Just because it has 50-75% transparency (pixels can be partially transparent) doesn't mean it's unclickable. It's simple ****- other games have it as well.

Diablo II didn't use the same classes as Diablo I. Oh but waaaait it damn well had a lot of recycled skills, didn't it Captain Nimrod?

I imagine it is in fact exactly like that, except instead of them admitting it's a retarded idea, they say "Yeah that sounds great Bill, you get a raise!"

I made this thread to point out anything that shouldn't recur in the next installment. Don't tell me what not to say when it's relevant to the thread title. You can get the hell on if you don't like it.

For the last time, 3D doesn't always look better. We have games like Street Fighter, MvC and KOF to prove it. 2D isn't outdated, not yet anyway. Maybe someday we'll be able to count successful 2D-3D transitions on two hands, but not today.

dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb
I would've asked you to elaborate, if I had any incentive to care.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
For the last time, 3D doesn't always look better. We have games like Street Fighter, MvC and KOF to prove it. 2D isn't outdated, not yet anyway. Maybe someday we'll be able to count successful 2D-3D transitions on two hands, but not today.
All the games you mentioned are old. It's outdated. Accept it.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Translation: I have nothing to say so I will criticize you over a single word to distract from my lack of wit or the words pulled straight out of my ass that are about to follow.

You lose gold, experience and have to restart in town and kill the monsters that would normally swarm around your body and make you do the quest all over again.
Gold has little to no value, and unless you are level 85+ and die constantly, you barely notice the Exp loss. OTHER games also suck hard, and that is why Diablo II is the most successful action RPG, and the legions of clones that followed sucked hard. Games like WOW doesn't have the same **** as Diablo II because Action RPGs and MMORPGS are a different genre, and Action RPGs need a hard punishment and taking off some Exp doesn't mean much. AND Starting back at town doesn't mean much with waypoints, and party members and having to kill the monsters around your body is needed if you need to collect your body or not. IT makes sense, and if you don't think so, you need to rethink the type of games you play and if you needed everything spoon fed to you.

Unclickable? Perhaps I'm unaware you have a fetish, though I've never heard of pullingrandomthingsoutofyourass-philia. Just because it has 50-75% transparency (pixels can be partially transparent) doesn't mean it's unclickable. It's simple ****- other games have it as well.
You said -> "if they could just make the inventory semi transparent"
which means that the inventory is over the game screen and when you click on that area you are clicking on the inventory, and if you are in the field you can't do anything in that area that is blocked by the inventory screen. that is stupid, and it is why Action RPGs will shrink the game screen in favor for character and item menus so you can multi task on the whole game screen and not have to worry about getting bum raped by monsters that sneak up and you cant irectly dclick on them.

Diablo II didn't use the same classes as Diablo I. Oh but waaaait it damn well had a lot of recycled skills, didn't it Captain Nimrod?
Character classes didn't have skills in Diablo.

I imagine it is in fact exactly like that, except instead of them admitting it's a retarded idea, they say "Yeah that sounds great Bill, you get a raise!"
If you really believe that, you have absolutely no idea of the development process.

I made this thread to point out anything that shouldn't recur in the next installment. Don't tell me what not to say when it's relevant to the thread title. You can get the hell on if you don't like it.
Don't say anything stupid and we won't have a problem. Instead of saying "Don't make the game imbalanced for one class" you are saying "don't make a (Diablo II build, not even a class, a build a player made) imbalanced".

A) I never once said 3D looks better.
B) 3D nowadays look better.
c) Now I just said 3D looks better.

2D looked better about 10 years ago when the first 3D accel chips were coming out and consoles were just dipping into the world of polygons. Games are universally considered better looking nowadays in 3D, and allow for far more flexibility in every aspect of game design. I don't think any 3D action RPGs have turned out very good (Games like Guild wars and Hellgate london look good but don't play very well and Diablo II is a much better game for it), but as my original point stated no company is ever going to release a 2D game when the option for a 3D environment exists. The market isn't set up for 2D games anymore, and you need to accept that along with the legion of nostalgic Starcraft fans who think there was ever a chance to keep the Starcraft art style. It isn't just about what looks good, (Though anyone arguing Doom looks better than Doom 3 or Mortal Kombat looks better than MK8 (Unreal Engine 3 is orgasmic) needs to be smothered in their sleep).

Orcryst

BattleForums Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
orcryst.blogspot.com
All the games you mentioned are old. It's outdated. Accept it.
Yeah, as soon as I accept religion as a science class. The sun has been around for a good while now... is the sun outdated too?

Street Fighter has been around forever. It's not outdated because it's still lasting. Same goes for KOF, and even after all of that, many still play the old ones even today.

Let's look at what happened when these games transitioned to 3D- Oh yeah, they became complete ****. KOF became 3D ~2005-06 and the end result was not so great. So, they continue their 2D titles into KOFXI, NeoWave, etc.

Every 3D game I enjoy happens to have been in 3D from the get-go.

Translation: I have nothing to say so I will criticize you over a single word to distract from my lack of wit or the words pulled straight out of my ass that are about to follow.
You're right about me implying something by that link to the word 'dying'. You should be well aware that if you barely know your ABC's while calling people dumb, you're going to be mocked.
So let me get this straight- I made fun of you for saying "dieing" so that invalidates anything I might say afterwards? I must've missed where that law was written. A typo is one thing but not even knowing what a word or phrase looks like when it's written down says something about YOUR lack of wit, not mine. A typo is acceptable, yes. Writing something out (for another example, "would of"), is laughable. Speaking of pulling responses out of my ass, let's take a look at some of those.

Gold has little to no value
Since you're speaking in terms of Diablo II, I'll address these in terms of Diablo II, hope that's okay.
It has value when you're starting out or need to repair and don't have a ral handy. You're forgetting not everyone starts out with everything they need for their character build and not everyone has a build planned out, especially if it's their first time playing the game.

OTHER games also suck hard, and that is why Diablo II is the most successful action RPG
Keep in mind this is like saying "Idaho the Potato Capital of the World"

Starting back at town doesn't mean much with waypoints
It does if you're by yourself and almost done with a quest but all the gear that makes you matter is on a corpse thats swarmed by monsters you can't fend off.

and party members and having to kill the monsters around your body is needed if you need to collect your body or not.
This is assuming anyone is with you. If there are people there to clear it out, then it's not much of a nuisance, but only in that instance. Take people who NK in a full duel game. You can't rejoin- sometimes even if it isn't full, it'll say its full.

IT makes sense
No, IT doesn't. This isn't what made Diablo an addictive game.

and if you don't think so, you need to rethink the type of games you play and if you needed everything spoon fed to you.
Speaking of spoon fed... what about the overwhelming amount of players who get rushed, bug rushed and leech off experience? Not collecting your body is minute "spoonfeeding" compared to that. Forget spoonfeeding, you become a damn fetus at that point.
Silkroad Online. Harder than Diablo. No corpse to collect.
Collecting your corpse only makes the game unnecessarily repetitive. It wouldn't make people 'not care' because they'd still die and lose their spot. They just wouldn't have to start all over.
This isn't even my main problem with it, it's just too easy to abuse this aspect of the game when another player wants to pull some ****. No ****ing thank you.

the inventory is over the game screen and when you click on that area you are clicking on the inventory, and if you are in the field you can't do anything in that area that is blocked by the inventory screen. that is stupid, and it is why Action RPGs will shrink the game screen in favor for character and item menus so you can multi task on the whole game screen and not have to worry about getting bum raped by monsters that sneak up and you cant irectly dclick on them.
If you thought I meant have the inventory up there all the time, well I didn't. If you knew I simply meant the inventory being transparent while it was called up, you should realize there's only one reason why anyone would want that. Because you can still see what's going on around you. In case you hadn't noticed, bumping the screen makes half of the playing screen unclickable, anyway. The only difference is you can't see it. You won't have to worry about a monster sneak-raping you because you can see it better than you would if it was just half a screen to look at. So next time you think about a transparent inventory, if you ask yourself "a monster is coming, what do I do", here's the answer... press *I* and kill it.

Character classes didn't have skills in Diablo.
So chain lightning, inner sight, mana/energy shield and holy bolt weren't in Diablo? I'll be damned. Note for the slow- My point was the skills recurred and did the same thing
You people talk as if Diablo III won't have any recurring skills or classes, which is a crock.

If you really believe that, you have absolutely no idea of the development process.
As much as I'd like to believe they took a long, rigorous effort to think of "Fireball", "Bash" and to make "Molten Boulder" a slow projectile with no redeeming factors at all, well... not physically possible for me. My BS alarm goes off every time I try to convince myself of it.
Speaking of alarms, do you have a satire detector? Get one.

Instead of saying "Don't make the game imbalanced for one class" you are saying "don't make a (Diablo II build, not even a class, a build a player made) imbalanced".
I used an example, because saying "make the game balanced and perfect" isn't much of an analysis. So, that was more like "If you do anything like this again, at the very least make them less powerful".
The developers figured "hey, let's put a ****load of synergies on blessed hammer and make it stack up in the tens of thousands even though we don't have anything that can stand up to it unless it's 3 screens away"
"Jarvis, you sir are a genious!"

A) I never once said 3D looks better.
B) 3D nowadays look better.
c) Now I just said 3D looks better.
If they do they'd better make Diablo 3 for a console, or it's going to look like **** on a stick. It might look like Warcraft 3, I'd be ok with that.
For the record, I didn't rant about 3D because "God dammit I'll boycott Diablo if they release it in 3D", but because making it so different after all this time gives it a greater chance of sucking.
Then again, they've released 11 patches including the ~4 patches for the expansion when they could have been designing a new diablo game. Almost 6 years since the expansion came out. The fact that they've waited this long could mean suckage, 3D or not.

2D looked better about 10 years ago when the first 3D accel chips were coming out and consoles were just dipping into the world of polygons.
WoW didn't come out 10 years ago and it looks more polygonal than Michael Jackson's nose. I don't want Diablo looking anything like that.

Games are universally considered better looking nowadays in 3D
Even today, I see some 3D games and think, "jesus tits, that looks like ass".

Allow for far more flexibility in every aspect of game design.
If it's done right. I don't have much faith in Blizzard, so far its 2D gameplay is looking better than its 3D gameplay.

no company is ever going to release a 2D game when the option for a 3D environment exists.
Because 2D games are never ever ever released anymore. Never. They're extinct. Banned. For ever. Right. No 2D game is ever on the shelf.

As of late, consoles and operating systems are being advanced, but at the same time designed to be lower quality and more easily manufactured? Hence phenomenons like the Red Ring of Death.

Game companies will make any game if it will sell and 2D games do sell.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
WoW didn't come out 10 years ago and it looks more polygonal than Michael Jackson's nose. I don't want Diablo looking anything like that.
i agree Blizzard should really just move on and forget about appealing to various range of computers specs. Its 2008. everyone should have a decent computer now