Diablo 2 - Mod The Zy-el Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
As the title to this forum dictates, this forum is dedicated to the Diablo 2 modification Zy-el, a 1.09D mod developed by Kato. And I hope by using this section, we can begin the exclusive content and reconstruction of Battleforums.com for 2009.

I began playing Diablo II modifications after Dream_walker and Octopor got me playing a modification called Nezeramontias. After realizing this mod pissed all over Vanilla D2 in the fun factor, I gave up on Vanilla D2 and shifted to mods. I have played 6 mods so far: Nezeramontias (good), Eastern Sun (good), Valhalla (pile of shit), SnEj, (good, but some annoyances), Damnation (Too easy), and Zy-el.

Of all the mods I have played, I like this one the most.

It is basically vanilla D2, except with much more items, monsters, and a larger level growth. You must now go from Level 1 to Level 10000. However, there are a few problems.

First, although Zy-el does have a home forum, at PhrozenKeep, they refuse the discussion of third party servers and help isn't too easy to come by. And Second, D2Maniacs does have a server for it - but there aren't as many people as thier should be playing it. So basically, a difficult, and underplayed mod is forced to be played like the Nezmod of old - across TCP/IP. Which is a pain in the ass for router owners. But that will hopefully change.

In 2009, with Zy-el currently at 4.3, the mod seems to be played a little more. And now is the chance to make it a little more... playable.

Starting Jan 14th, 2009 - this page will only be devoted to talk about this mod. I will post the installation instructions first and work from there.

I will also do the full moderation of this forum. So if any user either refuses to cooperate with the forum's guidelines, or talks smack about one and other - I will have you punished.

Status
Not open for further replies.