The Zergling That Can't Die

Phil4387

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Im making a game and I have these zergling fighting some zealots and dark templars. At 1st I was testing it to see if everything worked and noticed that the zerglings didn't lose any life so I went through like 5 times and eventaully changed the zealots and dark templar's damage to 9999 and the zerglings life to 1 and just had the zergling stand around getting attacked and it just wouldnt die. Does Anyone know whats wrong?

qpalzm

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
What are the zergling's complete stats?

as in hp, and so on. Is the zergling a computer or a human?
I need to know everything to make out something

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
You might want to post the map so we can understand the problem more.

I'm thinking that the zergling has 255 armor. But then the dt's and zealots doing 9999....

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
killerme is most likely correct, hyper triggers wouldn't do anything to the Zergling unless you have a trigger to heal the Zergling. Did you inlude that trigger or not? (Just want to know.)

[GLOW=BLUE]- [COLOR=004400]The[/COLOR][COLOR=006600]_Ma[/COLOR][COLOR=008800]tri[/COLOR][COLOR=00AA00]x_R[/COLOR][COLOR=00CC00]elo[/COLOR][COLOR=00EE00]ad[/COLOR][COLOR=00FF00]ed[/COLOR][/GLOW]

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
Yea, that's odd. Having a Hyper Trigger for healing the zergling. BUT, wouldn't the lot / dt kill the ling in 1 hit, preventing the heal if the damage is instant?

-MatriX-

R{S}T
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Well, if the armor was more then 0 then it would take more then one hit to kill the Zergling giving it the chance to heal, but if the armor was 0 then I don't know either.

[GLOW=BLUE]- [COLOR=004400]The[/COLOR][COLOR=006600]_Ma[/COLOR][COLOR=008800]tri[/COLOR][COLOR=00AA00]x_R[/COLOR][COLOR=00CC00]elo[/COLOR][COLOR=00EE00]ad[/COLOR][COLOR=00FF00]ed[/COLOR][/GLOW]

MacMan

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Projectiles are actually deleted before they have a chance to hit their target when a hyper trigger interrupts and heals before impact (projectiles aren't exactly instant). It happens most of the time, but occasionally one will get through the trigs and hit its target (if the hyper is slow).

fritfrat

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have made a map with hyper triggers where zerglings run from dts kinda like a tag, and the zerglings always die. what's with that?