The Watchmen

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Just because Hellboy didn't net much of a profit doesn't mean it sucks. Why don't you go watch it and make your own decision?

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Just because Hellboy didn't net much of a profit doesn't mean it sucks. Why don't you go watch it and make your own decision?
well i kinda like hellboy but its not like its going to be included on of my fave movies. its good watching it once and maybe for some other time after a long while but its not the kind of movie worth watching in the movie for me. im not saying its bad, i would still watch it but just on tv or rented, theres just no hype about this kind of movie and thats the way i felt too after watching it. it was just ok. so im expecting watchmen to be similar.

well i will watch the watchmen but not in the movie. but still its a movie that i would like to watch if theres a chance but its not a movie that i would really drool over that i would postpone other things just to watch it even many times just like LOTR, starwars, dark knight, pirrates, shrek 2, etc.

its an ok movie as far i can tell. not in the level of spider man etc, but also not in the level of "dont bother to watch movie" like elektra and doa. lol

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
There is absolutely nothing relating Hellboy to Watchmen in terms of story, quality, writing or artistic design.

Alan moore is one of the best damn writers ever, and watchmen is amazing.

tKeR

Member!
Reaction score
On a side note, Ron Perlman (actor of Hellboy) was asked about portraying "the Comedian".

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
I'm getting a little pissed that everytime I post in the section I run the forum doesn't post my ****ing post.

Though, Watchmen had more buzz on Comic-con than 'anything ever before' witnessed there, so I'm saying 50million opening weekend, at least.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Just for me, from reactions of people I know the first trailer was more suited to someone like me who knows the story and follows these things, and anyone in the dark just watching a trailer had more of a confused "wtf" response.

electricmole

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
wtf response.lol .like me whe i saw the trailer, well but i was still like ok looks good enough to watch when there is nothing else to do. xp

i will not be surprised if it will reach 100 million dollar in the boxoffice domestically. but im not expecting it to reach 150m.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
my friend asked why was batman in the trailer :(
i raged inside

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
I had a friend ask me every time something happened in the Dark Knight, "Did that happen in the comics?". AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
my friend asked why was batman in the trailer :(
i raged inside
And I think that will throw people off, and it will go over as "just another B-level super hero movie" like GhostRider, or some other hero no one really know but warrants a movie to pull cash out of.

If watchmen is represented as that, it isn't going to do very well. If people go in expecting something else, that isn't good.

Also Anyone who starts a question with "well in the comics did.." when talking about a movie. No, it's a ****ing movie, not a comic.

RyanXWing

Nothing special
Reaction score
I had a friend ask me every time something happened in the Dark Knight, "Did that happen in the comics?". AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Was it Colby? Because he said "Did you ever read the comics? Apparently the movie and the comics aren't super related."

tKeR

Member!
Reaction score
Yeah, Batman and the comics were not that relateable simply because Rachel was not in the comic book and that a small part of the plot revolved around her.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Yeah, cause that's the only thing different from The Dark Knight and The Batman comics.