The Watchmen

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
So up until the Dark Knight comes out (which will also supposedly have the trailer for this), Alan Moore's The Watchmen is about the only movie I am actually looking foreword to.

WATCHMEN

I highly suggest reading over the source for the movie. It was personally one of my all time favorite comics. I have already gotten over the fact that it is impossible to do a 100% true adaption of the comic, and if they don't change stupid **** around like they did in V for Vendetta, or completely destroy any semblance of similarity (wanted) than this will likely be one of the best comic adaption movies ever.
Also if you haven't seen it, a couple of the images look promising.

the older generation

Rorschach

Nite owl:

and the Comedian

Silk Spectre

Awesome

Pretty sure there was another thread, but I'm far more awesome than anyone else to make a thread about this.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
might want to get those pics hosted some where else eloel
Moore already said that Snake's script is very close to the comic book. I have faith that this movie will be good. the video logs make it seem that they are dooing a good job at keeping the movie in tack.
Its going to be the best ~3 hours of my lyfe :O

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
might want to get those pics hosted some where else eloel
Moore already said that Snake's script is very close to the comic book. I have faith that this movie will be good. the video logs make it seem that they are dooing a good job at keeping the movie in tack.
Its going to be the best ~3 hours of my lyfe :O
Last I heard Moore didn't want to know or do anything about it.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
he is distancing himself from the film
David Hayter's screenplay was as close as I could imagine anyone getting to Watchmen. That said, I shan't be going to see it. My book is a comic book. Not a movie, not a novel. A comic book. It's been made in a certain way, and designed to be read a certain way: in an armchair, nice and cozy next to a fire, with a steaming cup of coffee. Personally, I think that would make for a lovely Saturday night.
dont forget veidt

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
No but his toy is being revealed at comic con if i remember/read correctly

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
This movie looks pretty cool..I wish I knew more about it like you two though. :|
Alternate history: with a bunch of heroes, that spans from 1930s/1970s/1980s with the U.S. on the verge of Nuclear war with the Soviet Union.
Basicly Jonathan Osterman was caught in an accident that made him god-like, allowing the United States to pretty much have the upper-hand in the cold war, including victory in Vietnam. Osterman, Known as Dr. Manhatten, is theorized to be able to eliminate 65% of any Nuclear attack from Russia, and at the same time destroy large sections of the country. However with the death of the Comedian, another "costumed hero", events spiral towards full scale war.

It is really really well written, and I seriously suggest this: Amazon.com: Watchmen: Alan Moore, Dave Gibbons: Books

I don't suggest Downloading it. Having it in your hands is a must. It has a lot of character and depth to it, really should take a few read through to get everything out of it.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
It is really really well written, and I seriously suggest this: Amazon.com: Watchmen: Alan Moore, Dave Gibbons: Books

I don't suggest Downloading it. Having it in your hands is a must. It has alot of character and depth to it, really should take a few read throughs to get everyhting out of it.
seconded this. downloaded it and it was uncomfortable reading it on the screen :/ expecially hollis book excerpts

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Good news everyone! The trailer is up over here Apple - Trailers - Watchmen

This is going to be the next spotlight on, so want me to make a new thread when that time comes or just edit/stick this one?

Uncle_Vanya

Гражданин СССР
Reaction score
Looks worthwhile, I wonder how it stayed under the radar seems like a big budget film. I think I saw a picture of the Comedian from the movie in the Time magazine a while back though.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
It's stayed under the radar for the most part because the only people that really know/care about it are people that read the book. And if you read the book, you've been keepiing up on the movie -- mostly.

That and theres been 0 promotions for it.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score

so is the one before the mother or did they just change her looks?

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Change her looks probably.

tKeR

Member!
Reaction score
From what I heard, it was pretty hot in Comic-Con. I heard about it first in a Dark Knight trailer though. I am looking forward to it but I keep reading they have budget problems (key reason they don't have any Hollywood actors). I hope it will do great.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Good. why would anyone want big name stupid actors for a good film? Hollywood is devoid of good actors.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Yeah you generally find that no-namers do a fantastic (If not better) job anyway. Plus, then you wont have the whole 'comparing their role to another they have done'.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Snake is writing the screen play so it has to be good.

It looked good, the trailer that is. It's almost convinced me in torrenting the "graphic novel," but I dunno..