The Warden

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
I don't know bout you guys, but this is one strange hero. At first, I sucked with her, yes I did!! She kept dying really fast and before I got better I never took into consideration what Blink was useful for. But recently I went back to warden and found out, she is one badass biatch.

At first, it took some time. Did Mike's strat with hunts and used warden's ss to replace Demon Hunter's mana burn, then it became a craze for me. Its like, I can't do ANYTHING without this hero. Well, I would have to get it first then I ALWAYS get Kotg second (roots owns).

Face it. At level 2 fok, she can kill wisps with one cast of FoK. At level 3 of this, workers are practically killed. That is like free 25 experience/kill right there, assuming you live.

Blink is good to help you move around or escape as a last ditch micro effort. It may cost a little mana (well at level 1 it doesnt!!), but it works :p.

I rarely ever saw the point of Vengeance, even though I know for a fact it destroys corpses for spirits that do small piercing damage and are invulnerable. Which is why I would probably get this at a higher level.

So what do you guys think of this hero?

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I love her. Shes a covert assassin/army killer that owns in Ladder and even more in frenzy (Since blink is insane in frenzy) I like blink-kills because they tend to really piss people off. I wish FoK costed less and did more though. :(

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
FoK for 190 damage/100 mana isn't great, but SS just owns. Chris knows I love her. :)

doodlefolks

Reaction score
Her SS ability is way better than mana burn if you ask me. Heros without health are much less intimidating than heros without mana. Despite the high cost of FoK it can be especially usefull against weak ranged units and casters. However, she is more for the experienced players because she dies a lot easier than the DH.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Dream_Walker said:
FoK for 190 damage/100 mana isn't great, but SS just owns. Chris knows I love her. :)
Well, for 190 damage you can:

Kill wisps in one shot, most other workers get severely damaged.
Nearly kill archers, but why would you have them at level 5.
Bust up ranged and casters and some forms of siege.
Do a little damage to air, tier 3 melee and air.

Own skeletons in one shot, without having to dispel.

Shadow strike is ment for if you want to really cause damage.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
SS for hero killing.

Personally prefer DH over Warden, manaburn + evasion owns enough for me. (manaburn annoys the shit outta any heros :p)

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Never use a warden before as nightelf. I always get Demon Hunter first... but I'm more of a Orc user anyways.

Malcom Sex

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My god, warden is probably the best hero in the game. Vengenace is great at the end of a battle, when you are able to completely bolster your troops. Vengeance is a tide changer, shadow strike destroys any low hp unit, so its great to have, not to mention the slow is great for chasing.

doodlefolks

Reaction score
Chaos Marine said:
The warden is cool but goes down quicker than my aunt.
I'd have to agree. I just watched a game where the Warden died instantly to hero nuke but once he got silence she was great. With low HP and slow movement she dies real easy.

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah, because the minions are summoned units, but her Vengence unit is invincible until it's time runs out.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
N_Ledgend said:
SS for hero killing.

Personally prefer DH over Warden, manaburn + evasion owns enough for me. (manaburn annoys the shit outta any heros :p)
Well, I have tried harassing with the warden and it works out fine, especially when she gets blink and fok to destroy the workers.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
As I said, you can almost kill workers or kill off wisps in one shot with level 2 fok. Level 3 fok you reduce workers to a point where it takes one slash.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
doodlefolks said:
I'd have to agree. I just watched a game where the Warden died instantly to hero nuke but once he got silence she was great. With low HP and slow movement she dies real easy.
slow? shes probly one of the most verstile and fastest hero in the game? All NE's are.

and well... you know who I like hellwolf, thats why i cant press "w" at the altar of eldars :p

TheoStormhawk

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Darkmatter said:
I usually go SS over FoK. SS/Blink for the ninjar h4x.
SS is better at the beginning, but I use fok because later in the game with full mana and a mana potion with fok I can do ALOT of damage. The thing is that u can't escape from fok like from flame strike or blizzard.

The blink trick is a must man, otherwise the warden will always die on u.

Darkmatter, nice avatar man :D

Malcom Sex said:
My god, warden is probably the best hero in the game. Vengenace is great at the end of a battle, when you are able to completely bolster your troops. Vengeance is a tide changer, shadow strike destroys any low hp unit, so its great to have, not to mention the slow is great for chasing.
I wouldn't call it the best hero in the game. I think she is not even the best from the NE race. DH rules man.
Concerning her ultimate, yeah it is good, but if vengeance fights against the infernal who do u think will win?

Venice_native said:
I don't think I've ever been against a level 6 Warden, but can you use dispel on the little minions?
Nope. I think got corrected the same time with the animate dead dispelling issues.

Hellwolf_36 said:
Well, I have tried harassing with the warden and it works out fine, especially when she gets blink and fok to destroy the workers.
Yeah, lvl 2 fok is deadly against workers, but I don't think it is worth the mana. I use fok in battle, and for me it works great.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Theo said:
Yeah, lvl 2 fok is deadly against workers, but I don't think it is worth the mana. I use fok in battle, and for me it works great.
I understand in battle, but if you are like level 3-5 and you still want to harass (some people solo warden harass): then you can use it for worker destruction. Plus, you can use FoK to damage Militia when you strike human bases.