The war of souls rpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Ryu: <If I sacrifice myself, Bahamut can just return me... Hmm? I don't know how long it will take, but I don't want to see anyone else die.> I'll...
Banba: A sacrifice is pointless if a greater being may just revive you at any time. Are you willing to give your soul up to me? Only I would have the power to revive you then.
Ryu: <Ah! I may be willing to...>
Banba: Speak up! I believe your friends may want to hear.
Ryu: With this threat abated, there may be one even worse on the horizen... I still need to think, is all.
Banba: You fear what your brother, Darz, would do should you sacrifice yourself?
Ryu: Yes. And I ask you not to tell me. It will make the decision all the much harder.
Banba: And you fear for the High Elves of High Deephaven?
Ryu: Aye. And my sister and my mother, if you must question. However, that doesn't concern me or this situation, now does it?
Banba: All pros and cons must be measured in this endeavor! Do not dismiss something just because it doesn't seem as important. Yes, your brother wishes to destroy and control! But your sister and mother love you very much -- and there are others. Think upon everything carefully. Once you have come to your decision, then you may tell me. I won't allow a hasty decision.
Ryu: Hmm? Very well.[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*Trias stands distant from the others, slowly tamping his staff into the hard ground.* The way I've acted all my life, Why shouldn't I be the one to die....

((Banba)) "Speak up Betrayer! Let your thoughts be known to those whom you call friend in loss of another word."

((Trias)) "I do not feel it is neccessary to expose my life to them. The pain and torment of my many years would cause them undue strife and possibly deathj from my tongue." *flickerings of light run through the gems lining his wings.* "If you seem to know all whats happening in our heads, then why don't you tell us who's worthy of death!?!?"

((Banba)) "It is not my place."

((Trias)) "Don't give me that load of crap. In the end you will ultimately choose on your own if we decide against your views." *Flickerings of light through the gems in his hair* "TELL ME WHO IS GOING TO DIE!!!"

((Banba)) "It is not my place."

((Trias)) *Trias gives up and sits on the cold hard ground* Bastard...

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]After much time is past, more time than anyone cares to realize, Banba rises from a spot he had chosen to sit almost three hours ago. He walks over to the melencholy group.

Banba: I cannot allow anymore time to pass. Have you made up your mind on who is to go?

Ryu stands almost immedietly, but not as fast as Trias. Banba looks at both, a slight glimmer in his eye at the humor in this action, the same taken by both. The only question Ryu and Trias hold in thier minds is this:

Ryu and Trias: Who will he choose to speak first?

Both know that the answer to this question may determine who is sacrificed.[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
((And it was decreed that the ascendant fallen shall meet his end.))

*Banba glares at the two standing before him, not saying a word. Trias looks deep in thought.* *Banba glances back and forth between the two, delving deep into their minds...he laughs quietly after sorting through Trias's mind.* "You there! Speak!" *Trias looks at him slowly, eyes glowing a firery red, gazing back at the skeletal finger pointed at him.*

Trias: I will sacrafice myself for the Light of the world.

Ryu: I cannot let you do that, your path does not end here.

Trias: You, nor anyone else can move me from course I have laid before me. Banba! I throw myslef upon you, take my soul as tribute to the Gods of Old.

Banba: If you believe it is your place.

Trias (quietly to himself): Cast this shadow long that I may hide my face. And in this cloak of darkness the world I will embrace...

*As Trias readies himself and signals, one of his companions rushes to stand between him and the blade of the Scythe, but Trias moves with angelic speed and throws his companion away screaming "It's not your time!", and shoves himself into the blade, thrusting his chest upon it. As Trias falls to the ground, a bright white light engulfs him as each individual gem in his hair and lining his wings glow with a golden light. His Swallow, the Guardian's Knowledge, glows a deep red and begins pulsating faster and faster. Trias's Golden crown shines with a green light, seeming to dissolve bit by bit. Pieces of his staff fly off in every direction, his Shard finally reaching its end. The Shards of Ryu and Naran`or glow with a White and Black lights ((repectively)), small beams of energy leaving Trias's body and connecting with theirs, several other beams of energy fly out, over the horizon. One of the largest beams is a large redish pink river of energy bursting straight from his chest. As the the gems on his head and wings reach their full intensity Trias rears back and screams at the sky*

Trias: FORGIVE ME M....!

*As the last bits of his crown dissapate, he explodes with a huge shockwave knocking everyone down. The small gems from his hair and wings, which had held his outline until now, fall to the ground and turn to dust before the party's eyes. The last that remains of Trias is a small empty feeling Shard in the shape of a cross from his gem and the dusts of time. With a gust of wind Trias's Soul materializes before them.*

Trias: I cannot pass into the lands of the dead. My eyes, unfettered by the shackles of time reveal that I am directly linked to your next test.

*A door appears behind Trias...*

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Ryu lets out a sigh, forsaking his grief as he knows Trias spoke true. Trias smiles as each realize the simple truth Trias tried to reveal to them. Banba points to the door, as if to say to hurry. The group forsakes any grieving for the time being and makes a mad dash for the door, tears streaming behind some -- and possibly the most coming from Ryu. Ryu seems to become energized running toward the door, and the influence of the Lighthawk Wings and Shadowhawk Wings, both, cover him.

Ryu: I can see clearly now, my friend. We'll do this final task. <I will find your beloved.>
Trias: <Thank you, my friend. I say that now, unhindered. Do not tell the others of my beloved.>
Ryu: <I will keep it a secret. I will find her! And the other you hold dear to your heart.>
Trias: <It may be nigh impossible to keep secrets from you.>
Ryu: <I will hate hiding it from my sister.>
Trias: <Aphra will understand.>[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*Trias stands at the door, opening for the others, He holds out his hand as the small cross jumps up to his spectral grasp. He holds out his other hand and the dusts that remain leap up and form a small vial filled with the only physical remains of Trias* "Lets get this over with and get the hell outta here."

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]The group walk into the room to see a narrow walkway. Though Trias is able to simply walk where there is no ground, the others are forced to walk one by one across the ledge. They eventually make it to the other side, without incident. They see something they hadn't exactly expected to see. All those they had seen before -- all those that had tested them, stand encircling a center pedastol. Ryu and Trias walk up to it followed closely by Lila and Naran`or. Ryu's Shard of Light and Naran`or's Shard of Darkness begin to glow in thier individual auras as they approach.

Maiden: You have arrived.
Mother: We have expected.
Elder: The future is near.
Banba: Let the fruits of your labor bear witness to the Great Return!
Ryu: What is our test here?
Banba: Trias knows. Ask him. He has become as an avatar.[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
"The test here is to determine what is to be done with my soul." *He holds out his left hand, within is an intricately decorated cross with a small rose carved in the center. The gem seems cold and dead at the moment.*

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Ryu looks at the gem Trias is holding out, and then to his friend. He shakes his head as he thinks about what has led up to this moment. His emotions, taken by Avian, have been returned to him. Ryu has also strengthened his friendship with Trias, learning many things from his history.

Ryu: Test? It sounds like a decision.
Banba: A decision is a test, of sorts.
Ryu: I'd prefer it if Trias could live...
Trias: I can, and I cannot.
Lila: Can't we...can't we put you in the gem? Then you could live on in this world!
Ryu: How?! Who would get the gem? *thinks for a moment* Wait! Trias! This is your chance for reunion![/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
"I do not deserve to lay my eyes upon my Love. My past lies too heavily upon me. I feel a onging somehwere within my soul, but I know it is for the best that I do not act upon it, and remain apart from her..."

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
OOC: We should finish this...
BOT:

[color=royal blue]Ryu looks at Trias and sighs. He then looks at the, now, lifeless jewel and reaches his hand out towards it. The Shard of Light glows brightly, as does the Shard of Darkness. Trias looks surprised as the jewel before him seems to freeze time. Trias can see, clearly before him, his beloved and another. He recognizes both, and can clearly feel their presence. He can also hear them beckoning him. He looks to Ryu for one more word, one more piece of advice, but he, as the others, is frozen in place. It appears that the jewel wants Trias to enter and then be placed in Ryu's hand.[/color]

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
*Trias extends his hand and grasps Ryu's, pulling him close with a spectral grasp.*

"Fare thee well old friend."

*Trias is sucked down into the Gem as it glows brighter and brighter. Soon it's light is both unbearable and magnificent to behold, and with a pulse of warm energies, the Gem darts up towards the sky and vanishes in a flash of white light.*

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
[color=royal blue]Everyone was able to see the gem come to life, but only Ryu was able to stand the light long enough to see it fly into the sky. The gods before them bow and disperse, the heros task done. Ryu blinks as the illumination returns to normal, and turns to the others. However, it is too late as portals open beneath each and return them to where they started this journey. Ryu finds himself at the threshold of Deephaven Forest.

Ryu: *sigh* Fare thee well, Trias. You will find May and Castus, this I foresee.

Ryu walks into the forest as he places his hand upon his blade and sheath. He looks up to see Far at his post, and smiles. Ryu feels content walking home. He yerns to see his family and friends, much as Trias.[/color]

Status
Not open for further replies.