The Trailer

Luedize

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The trailor looks ****ing great! The game will be great. Anticipation is killing me. I am glad it will be on console, blizzard is expanding horizens....errrr something. For all those ****ers whining about the console issue, simple BUY ONE

SkuZZy

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Personally I thought the trailer looked boring. Actually, it goes beyond boring... it plain out sucked! The graphics are nothing special, it's exactly like the other games out right now (Metroid, Metal Gear Solid, ect.). But worst of all, it's not even going to be out for another 14 months (unbelievable). By the time it comes out, there will be way better games out. I think blizzard announced the game way to soon and by the time it comes out, the hype will have already passed the game. The only thing that is going to rock is the cinematic scenes. Blizzard is the champion of those, the warcraft 3 ones are amazing, so sc:ghost should be even better.

Luedize

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
You see....

I don't know, man. I just liked it, it appeared it would be fun. I don't really give a damn about graphics, it's the gameplay I notice.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Originally posted by BAALsminion
i don't care as long as i can play it, it doesn't crash my computer, which happens often, and its a challenge
I hear you BAALs, however if you haven't read already, StarCraft Ghost is coming out for the console (ie. PS2, GameCube, and X-Box).

As for downloading the trailer Comin2TakeUAway, you can get it for the PC here:

http://www.starghost.com/media/GhostGameplay2002.zip
(Make sure you have WinZip installed to unzip the movie!)

Or if you're using a Mac, you can download it for Realtime as well, here:

http://www.starghost.com/media/ghostqt02.mov

Luedize

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Gaming is very competitive. It's good to be rude to other's sometimes. It helps people gain passion. I have never known a person to be more compassionate about something untill they are debating their viewpoint about something they love. It's a good thing that people here aren't always nice.

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
Originally posted by coRtALoS
I hear you BAALs, however if you haven't read already, StarCraft Ghost is coming out for the console (ie. PS2, GameCube, and X-Box).
i knew that, i was making a general statement, plus, i don't do consoles, my sister likes beating them with sticks

DjBlaze

Member!
Reaction score
Website
starghost.com
BAAL: Lol. Hope your sister gets mature before the game comes out :)
Skuzzy: Your right SC:G is nothing special. The same graphics from Metal Gear. But you left one detail out, if you didn't know that's why there letting out SC:G later. GTA: Vice City trailer looked like a game that was made by Game Arts(a gaming company anyone rarely hears about)and yet the game came out a huge success. The graphics are nice in that game. The trailer didn't mention tires getting blown up either. Well, I still disagree with the post you just wrote. I don't believe the graphics will look like Metal Gear although they do. You just don't think Blizzard is done do you? There gonna be resting on the job leaving the graphics as is? For sure they are going to make the graphics alot better.

WilliamDell

Member!
Reaction score
Website
lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com
I don't think the graphics will be a big deal because in my opinion Blizzard has never really gone for the best graphics in normal game play. The best graphics are always in their cinematics. I think most of us will agree in that aspect. When it does come out it will most likely be a hit for the simple reason it is a Blizzard game. Also many people like me have been waiting patiently for some further development in the Starcraft storyline. It will be a cool game even if it is based on those other games because those games are cool too. I think the trailer suppports this especially when it comes to looking like a Metal Gear copy. I think the PS1 and PS2 games of the Metal Gear series were cool. Now if you make it Starcraft, now that's just awesome because there are so many added things like different units and races.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Replay value is a huge issue as well. If you don't want to play the game over and over, and brag to all your friends about how amazing level 7 is, you're not going to want to tell them to buy it. Graphics come second to gameplay.

Classic Example: Twisted Metal Series

For those of you that don't know, Twisted Metal 1 and 2 were just absolutey amazing. The graphics were standard PS1 graphics, still a little pixelated, not fully taking advantage of what the console could handle, but good enough to tell the difference between an innocent bystander just trying to cross the street, and a Fire missile.

Then came Twisted Metal 3. This game was produced by an entirely different company. Nullsoft (or whoever produced the game) sold the game title, and let these other guys that were more concerned with graphics go and mess up everything the original TM team had worked so hard for.

Same thing with Twisted Metal 4. It wasn't until Twisted Metal Black for PS2 came out, that our faith was restored, however at a heavy cost. Most gamers had lost touch with TM, vowing never to trust another game bearing that name.

It did however kick ass, as the original game creators showed they knew replay value was second to none.

Now let's all just continue to hope that the Blizzard staff can hold true to their audiences' expectations.

coRtALoS

-=[ Retired BF Admin ]=-
Reaction score
Website
www.BattleForums.com
Twisted Metal

Yeah, it seemed like the new creators of 3 and 4 didn't really change anything. Basically it seemed the took skins off of old vehicles, put some new shiny ones over all of them so they looked cooler while being blown up, added a couple new (decent) levels and called it a new game.

I mean, take the difference between 1 and 2. They kept a lot of the more popular ones, but pretty much replaced most of the roster. Warthog, and Sweettooth were the only ones I remember being in both. There were probably more but it's just been so long...

Anyway, I prefer not to consider 3 and 4 part of the TM series :)

james_in_time

Member!
Reaction score
Twisted Metal Black takes a place in the trophy room. You cant get any better in a series than this. The STORY LINE was the best of all the games realeased at the time the story line goes along with gameplay in my video game selection!

Morph

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
YESS!!!!!!!!!!!! Ghost comes out on GAMECUBE anyone know when this is gona happen?