The threat of Nite City (RPR VETS ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
Nails stretched to where his back cracked a few times. Then he cracked his neck and sighed. he descided to stand up and speak rather than sit.

"My name is Nails Tannerwood. I am a swordcaster from the outter laying village of Mendo. The village is perched upon the foothills of Menula Penninsula.The people in the penninsula are known for their skin tone being a bit tanner than most of those found here in nite city. I was born about 19 years ago with pneumonia. Luckily our village doctor was schooled enough to save me and keep me alive.

My father ran the local militia and had connections with militias across the penninsula. When i was 12, my father enlisted me in the milita as an errand boy, not too long after..one, two...i was 14, a band of bounty hunters came in search of several bounties posted in the capital by someone my father knew when he was younger.

The bounties were of several men that kidnapped a few families from the capital city and hid them in one of the villages along the penninsula. It was true, our village did in fact hide these people, but it turns out they had information that showed a major corporation in the capital was very fraudulant and could potentially cause death among many of the middle and lower classes. The families escaped to here in hopes of protection. After they related their story, we freely offered room and board to the families untill everything blew over.

Sadly, this wasnt the case. The bounty for the families was so high, that a large band of mercenaries, much larger than a few of the surrounding villages militias combined, came in search of the families. The village refused to give them up, so the bounty hunters kidnapped a few villagers in hopes of forcing us to give up the families. My father felt that even if we had given the families up, the mercenaries would still raid the village and kill us all.

My father sent me to call together the nearby village leaders in hope of gaining their suport against the bounty hunters. More than enough pleged their militas and not too soon later, combat broke out. The conflict lasted a few months. I saw battle, except a mercenary shot me with a poison dart. Luckily, the pneumonia early in my life gave me enough immunity to overcome the poison. I was weak for a whole month. Luckily, i was able to watch the battles. I wrote down several differnt tactics used by the combatants. Militias tended to fight gureilla style when possible. And the mercenaries fought in squads unlike the militia. Eventually i got better and joined the "war". I took a leading position of a gurilla group and lead several strikes against the enemy. After another full month of fighting, the mercenaries retreated and my father left for the capital. In hopes of negotiating peace with the man. He did, and the fighting ended.

I descided to leave home afterwards. To take up private investigation around the local villages. I became good at this, i helped with small missing items to larger land disputes. Eventually i made enough money to go to the larger cities. While i was away, my father passed due to a heart-attack. I returned home for his funeral. My brother's said it was ok for me to take his sword and travel doing things that he had done. When i turned 19, i descided to travel to one of the sister cities of the capital, nite city. It too me a about a month to get here, but i made it.

I will stay and fight with you skyly."

Nails sat down, finnished.

TekBlade13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
proboards19.rockreborn.com
Skyly pulls his goggles down and cleans them, brings them to the light, and then puts him back on his head.
"I thank you for expressing your past, and why you came here.....I am sorry to hear of your village, and moreso of your parents.....But time is wasting....Now you...catgirl. Your..........form is intreaging....why did you come to this barren city?"
Skyly points to Nika and begins to cross his arms over his lap.

Kitty

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
((Tek, I'm assuming you meant intriguing... o.o Kay then!))

"You think so?" She grinned. "Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment." She was sitting, crosslegged on the floor. She shifted a bit, leaning her elbows on her knees.

"Basically, the people in my race are the offspring of an elf and and some god. We never found out who it was. But it definately had something to do with felines. Every catelf is contains parts of a feline creature, both spiritually and physically. As you can tell by the tail, I am a lion, but there are many others who look different.

"I came to Nite City looking for adventure I guess. I'm a runaway." She paused, and sort-of laughed to herself.

"My family was great. The most caring people you could ever meet. But I had plans for myself. I was bored, and I wanted to see the world. I got what I wanted, I guess. I agreed to work as an assassin for a while. People seemed to like what I could do with my bow I guess, because I was hired often.

"I still keep in touch with them, and they understand what I did perfectly. Lions are known for their pride, independence and sense of adventure. I don't think there is any catelf family with lion heritage who hasn't had this happen. So I came here looking for excitement, something to do, a reason to exist. And I guess I got it."

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
"pardon my curiosity, but how many years have you spent out adventuring?"

Kitty

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
"Hmm, about two years or so...before I came to Nite City that is. I've been here for a year or so now."

TekBlade13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
((XD yeah sorry, i was on my tablet and the battery was almost gone so i had to type fast, dident really think about what i was saying.))

"Alright, understandable.........you now, Young Celeste....."

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
*Celest has been thinking upon what Skyly said when he entered the door. He has his reasons for hiding his nature. He doesn't want people to like him simply because of how he looks. He knows human nature well enough to know that his Celestial beauty has brought false friends. How could these people be any different. Celest listens, and he listens well, to the story Skyly gives. The tales of Nails and Nika are no different. Celest listens, but he doesn't hear anything of promise towards revealing himself. The only thing he worries about, if one can call it that, is that Nika might smell his true nature. The deathclaw is no different. He know the nature of them all, and the Elan Skyly proves his point. He must admit, however, that he is actually curious if it's his Elan or Celestial nature that has attracted the young psion.*

*After thinking on those things, he hears Skyly nearly spill the word Celestial from his lips. Celest smirks at this; though, his face is shrouded by the shadow of his hood. His glowing, plantinum eyes and sparkling, plantinum hair show the part of his nature he can't hide. Celest glances at each individual gathered before standing. He stands like a monk, hands hidden within the sleeve of the opposite and hood shadowing his face. His robes drape the floor beneath him, hiding his bare, clawed feet.*

My name is Arvrue Sja`sja Farue`parsha, Great Child of Love from the Family of Destiny. It's a rough translation. You may call me Celest.

*Celest is sure he'll see gawks at his name, said perfectly in the form of Celestial he learnt from his father. He's sure none in this room could ever pronounce it correctly, even after hearing it. It is too delicate for most tongues. It is also a form of Celestial he's sure has never fallen upon the ears of this world. Joints can be heard cracking as Celest stands his full height, easily towering over most at nearly eight-foot. His glowing eyes traverse the room once more as strands of sparkling hair drape out of his hood. When he speaks again, there is a strange aire of importance.*

I am what is called an artifactcaster. That being said; my skill with my dual-bladed knives is nothing and meaningless.

*Celest brings his Artifact Pistol, Soul Bearer in the common, to bear in a quick motion. It seems to be in blinding speed, but any can tell, with a quick glance, that his forefinger is not upon the trigger. One might also be able to tell that the gun isn't even loaded...upon closer inspection. It looks to be a "one-shell" model which many consider horribly inefficient. Celest holds he gun in a non-threatening manner as he knows his clawed, right hand is revealed to the entire group.*

As Skyly, I am also psionic in nature. I am a bit wanderlost; I suppose. I look for allies...friends, and even a woman, who can like me for...who I am rather than...how I look. Skyly. I keep no secret to cloud my abilities. I keep only those secrets that would cloud the judgements of others once known.

*Celest's long, slender form haunches, once more, as he holsters his Artifact Pistol. Soul Bearer almost seems happy to be at rest, once more. A buldge can be seen at the back of his clothing as he repositions his wings. He's found himself uncomfortable, and it's taking a while to find that one, key spot, again. After a moment, he relaxes the muscles of his wings, and the buldge disappears. He seats himself again and looks around as if pleased that he told much without revealing too terribly much.*

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
((introductions to the party, tek will introduce u next i would assume))

Tacitus

The Oldest
Reaction score
Website
www.animeleague.net
Johnathan took the initiative, not waiting for Skyly to ask him of his history, stepping forward in the silence, "As I have mentioned I am Knight Commander Johnathan Hunter. I was originally a citizen of a small city near what was once called Chicago, recruited by the Brotherhood. I quickly rose through the ranks to the status of Knight, and then I was chosen for a special program designed for the best of the best. The program started with over 30 Brothers, it ended with six, a single squad. I was obviously one of these survivors. Intense physical strain were put upon us all, and the elite of the elite were forged from the scum of the Wastelands."

"I cannot divulge the events that took place after that, mostly due to it being classified to the point where only Generals may access the files. The sections that are not classified are rather painful. Though I will say that I was dishonorably discharged from the Order. I wandered the Wastes with only the weapons I hold and a few chemicals they gave me...for support. I was rejected everywhere I went, finding nowhere that I could apply my...rather unique talents. I don't remember how long I've been in Nite City, the days and nights...they've been blending together. The chemicals I had used for, ahem, support, are nearly gone, and I haven't the proper materials to synthasize more. Although I can nearly, ahem, support myself."

His posture went rigid as he gave a general saulte to the room, then crossed his arms behind his back and stood at ease.

TekBlade13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
((Sorry if this seems kind of slow right now, itll pick up dont worry..........and yes Akule, you did miss something hahahaha, were just introducing ourselves, andddd your the last one so....))

Skyly looks at Johnathan, then to Nika, then to Celest, and to Nails, and his gaze rests upon the one who had not talked yet.
"You............what is your...reason for being here?" Skyly continues to stare at the one who hadnt talked.

(Yeah, really slow i know.......sorry))

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
Nails starts spinning his sword with the point on the ground and the butt of the hilt on his chin. a thing he does when he is in deep thought.

((kitty, bam, tacitus, tekk, check out my fan fic))

Reaction score
Website
www.visualdesigncore.com
Gail looks out amongst the crowd gathered. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a slim pair of blue and red glasses, each lens a different color, and he slides them on his face. The sides extend inward to his face and become goggles.

I am Gail. That is all you need to know he utters with a breath so cold and emotionless it seems like this man is missing the componant all must have to be considered alive: a soul.

He grasps his cloak covering his left arm with his only visible hand, and slides it farther across his chest. His left arm, grey and cracked, extends under the cloth as he grasps his long black swords large handle. The cloak flutters a little as the blade pulsens, but not enough for the others to notice. Under the long cover, the sword shrinks and morphs into a small gem, and his left hands palm suddenly opens. The gem slides into place and his eyes lose their color from beyond the goggles. Gail stares into their minds, as the Muse he can see their thoughts and minds, but it is all scrambled. Their will is too much for enough influence to view their intentions. The cloak stops fluttering and his eyes return to normal.

TekBlade13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
((Yes, time to get going with things))

Skyly stood up and put the goggles on his eyes, he had been cleaning them and perfecting the lenses the whole time.
"Each of you have a very interesting story.....I am impressed that some of you got here alive, and some at all............But now we need to speak of what we need to do. The objective is to find, and restore the god of assassins and stealth, Jin Dox.......to do this, we need to find the 6 artifacts. Each one of us will get one, including myself, and then gather back here to ressurect him, he will be our ultimate tool in this victory......"
Skyly looks to his feet and then to the group again, through the lenses the people in the room seemd to take on a blueish green tint, but visible around them were their auras, fluxing and wavering some of them, a few very strong.
"I will look for Jin's gauntlet........Nails, you are to look for Jins wraps......medinian legend tells that before his travels he was a monk, and his wraps were his main weapon, these can be found in the forest temple of Nicturath. Nika, you are to look for the robe of Jin. Jin wore no armor up untill the nearing of his god form, and when he put on the armor, it fused to his body. The armor you will be looking for is a deep blue...with spikes running up the arms. This can be found in the aquatic port of Das 'hador. Celest, you are after the Boots of Jin. These look like normal walking boots, but they gave Jin the ability of free movement.....the ability never to stay paralyzed, they are in the merchant town of Cavoir. Gale, you are after the orb of jin. When Jin was on his quest with Kagemaru, he discovered an orb of ice which granted him man magical powers, this is found in the mage tower at the exact place.........I found abaddons........the holy field.......Johnathan, your after the real psionic conduit, it was a legendary artifact that was never found, it was recently though in the snowfield of Ash, in the northern lands.................."

Skyly takes a deep breath and runs his hands through his hair.

"We dont have much time............"

bamthedoc

King Endymion
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
*Boots? Ordinary? Celest almost chuckles at the irony of it. He's certainly not "ordinary" as the gawks and stares he's gotten throughout life have proven. Smirking, though that is hidden, his glowing, plantinum eyes stop and rest on Skyly. It almost seems like Celest is going to speak, but that is nigh impossible to read upon the shadow covering his expression. When he finally does, it is careful and concise.*

It is done.

*Celest's meaning should be obvoius to those in the room. He doesn't mean that he's found the boots and return, already. He means he will complete his task. To Celest, it means that he may finally find out a bit about himself. However...he doesn't quite understand the point of splitting up if they are to become, as Skyly and that acursed necromancer stated, like family. Celest doesn't let it bother him. If he did, he would never find out his true Celestial/Elan nature.*

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
"a temple in the forest? how exotic! What road will take me to this temple?"

((do you want us to type out everything as it is happening or when our characters come back and tell stories then?

TekBlade13

Member!
Reaction score
Website
(( Heres where it will get fun. i want everyone in the RP to PM me telling me their next move, nobody can know where each other is heading. Roger? Ill post the response...ill try and fir the PMing in.))

Skyly looked around the room and cast a messege through mind link...
<><Yes, I can speak through mental thoughts, i may also be able to send images as well, but i do not know if you are capable of interpreting them......You guys can respond, now that youve been touched, you can now speak to each other, and me like this.................We shall talk privately one on one, i will tell you where to go next, then we move><>

Skyly looked around again.
"Got it?"

((Anyone else here play World of Warcraft? I just got it, AMAZING game, for an MMORPG, its might LOOK slow, but it keeps you in the action, WELL worth OVER 15 a month. Go go Troll Shaman hooooooooooooo))

Status
Not open for further replies.