The Tale

Nicholas The Slide

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
THE TALE
Prelude
Drizzt Do’Urden, a dark elf who abandoned his homeland is now sent on solo patrol.
“Good thing I have Guen†Drizzt mumbles under his breath “a good thing indeed, these solo patrols are duller than a wooden staff!â€
“Well tough luck!†says a gruff voice from behind him “you are the fastest of us all, and not to mention the most skilled. To top it off you have those enchanted speed rings so you should be back in no time!â€
“Ok Dwarf but if I’m back before high noon you owe me a favor,†Said Drizzt with a grin, “A big favorâ€
“No promises!†the surly dwarf shot back
“High noon then!†and Drizzt was off. When me got out of sight of the camp he called Guen.
By the time high noon rolled about the drow was still on patrol, and had lost his bet. “Oh well no favors today†Drizzt said to himself. A little while later the pair started back. About halfway back to the camp Drizzt noticed Guen stop suddenly, and emit a low growl. The dark elf went defensive and scanned the area, but there was nothing around. Then without warning Guen bolted as fast as her legs would allow toward the camp. Drizzt, enhanced with his speed bracers, soon caught up to the sprinting panther. As they approached the camp Drizzt felt something was wrong. He was right, because he got the last glimpse of an Illithid walking through a portal. It was then Drizzt leaped toward the portal, only to have it close inches before his nose. Then the drow realized a sizable boulder approaching at an alarming speed. Even with his enhanced speed he did not react hast enough, so he hit the rock, hard.

When Drizzt awoke he noticed Guen standing over him, looking very concerned. The drow did not have the strength to move, so he did the one thing he could do, think. Think about how to get his friends back, how to find them, and how to get to them. He thought, maybe he could learn how to travel to other planes of existence. It inspired him, but gave him no hope, for he knew what he had to do. He had to go back to the Underdark and brave the Illithid cavern once and for all.

Chapter One

I am writing this in my own blood, a small sacrifice and tribute to my friends. I wonder about them day and night, I cannot sleep. Whenever I close my eyes I see them being tortured and killed in countless ways, I am haunted my own imagination. It pains me, pains me more than anyone could possibly imagine. I must get sleep; I must rest, for I have not done so in days. I fear I will not be able to make it to my destination without the hunter taking over. I would give anything for that not to happen. For the hunter would control my actions, not the drow I am. I have a question still, Why did this happen? Why did it have to be the people I looked to for comfort, why the only people who genuinely cared for my well being? I haven’t called Guen since the incident with the boulder; I fear she has judged me again.
Drizzt Do’Urden

There Drizzt sat at the entrance to the Underdark, debating with himself whether to enter his former home. All of his instincts told him to stay out, that entering would only bring more pain, and more death. But he had to; he couldn’t just sit there while his friends were being tortured. He called Guen for the first time in days and set off into the Underdark.

Drizzt was truly thankful to have the panther with him, she proved to be an immense help, for Drizzt was going through the frustrating ordeal of adjusting to infravision, or the drow ability to see heat patterns. It was a frustrating ordeal but he managed.

Drizzt Meandered through the seemingly endless series of caves and then he had a brilliant idea. He smiled and kept it too himself. The drow altered his course and was off toward his new destination.

On his way he came across the Corby cavern. It was torture to be there. He had two awful experiences there. He had almost lost Guen, but he did lose a friend and his father. He had to leave that cursed place, he could not stay for he felt that it was too still, too quiet.

He eventually told Guen about his plan. “We’re going to Bligenstone!†Drizzt exclaimed. Guen almost pounced on the drow out of pure joy. She loved it in Bligenstone, loved playing with the gnome children, and they loved her back.

About a week later they arrived at the huge beautiful doors of the deep gnome city.

To Be Continued..Maybe

(oh and if you find this on a geocities site..that would be MY site you found)