THE STARCRAFT THREAD

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
The recent excessive use of hacks in StarCraft is another reason I don't play it anymore, those who cheat to win are also killing StarCraft.

L

Laharl

But do you care about people who "Cheat to lose"? Are we (Or me, because almost nobody does that) killing Starcraft? :(

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
Anything that makes the game not fun discourages me from playing, but I've never encountered anyone who cheats to lose on-line.

Reaction score
Lord of Nukes said:
Anything that makes the game not fun discourages me from playing, but I've never encountered anyone who cheats to lose on-line.
Ive encountered some nice guy who would play and use hacks to make everyone laugh but he wouldnt win with them lol

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Wow, how inept do you have to be to lose even with the aid of hacks. Explain to me, exactly what he would do with them?

L

Laharl

I try to lose, and have fun doing so.

With the mineral hack; I sat top left corner (of lt) with hundreds of turrets, a hundred valks. Nobody could kill me. I quit because it got boring.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Lord of Nukes said:
The recent excessive use of hacks in StarCraft is another reason I don't play it anymore, those who cheat to win are also killing StarCraft.
Ya, the fun factor is ruined because every game I join, I have a gut feeling that someones using map hack to see what I'm doing. Or using mineral hack to overpower me early, or something like that. If SC was Hack-free, I would play melee vigorously.

DeathClaw

Member!
Reaction score
i admit the mineral hack is annoying, considering that youll be outresourced easily :(
but games without them gay hackers are actually pretty fun you have to admit

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i stopped playing sc awhile ago... mainly because i lost my bw cd.. yeah for like the fifth time :(

i was thinking of playing sc again,but since there are so many nubs that use hacks in like every game i didint dl sc =/

dArKmIsChIeF

Member!
Reaction score
guys, remember...starcraft is one OLD game, its been around for almost 10 years! the only thing that keeps starcraft alive is its amazing replay value, kick-ass campaign editro, insane gameplay, and its massive fan database. Personally, i dont feel taht starcraft ghost is going to revive starcraft because its a console game and if people compare sc:ghost to halo then im not sure if sc is going to get alot of publicity. What stc needs is a another good PC game, becuz all their fans are on pc. and if starcraft had slightly better online stuff, (ie, better friend's options, like joining friend's games) basically if they revamped battle.net a little...but i stay true to sc, it roCKS

Lord of Nukes

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Website
www.scindex.com
StarCraft is seven and a half years old, but you're right, for a computer game to still be played and patched regurlarly is amazing due to it's age. I disagree abou the Campaign Editor being good, :p; but luckily we have people who care enough, like Heimdal and SI to create free third party editors, and thare are various modding tools to keep people interested in the game.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I 6think if all hacks were removed, people would play a lot more. SC still has a great spark in it, but it's slowly dying and it might be like Diablo I is if hacks keep ruining the playing experience. :-/

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
meh.. i told my mom to go buy bw... i saw it for 5$ so yeah.. ill be on later today.

playing with friends is really fun, so ill basicly only be doing that.Maybe some wgtour too who knows

DeathClaw

Member!
Reaction score
:(
please dont say that the starcraft forums arent dying when theres only like one post per day
except for th hacks, which shouldnt be allowed because thats what kills SC