The Shaman thread

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Let's spice this forum up a bit.

Leveling
This build ignores all enhancement because let's face it, enhancement really only shines in late game when you're 60 with good gear. It's mostly Elemental because that's where you'll be dealing the most damage while leveling up. It has a bit of resto so you don't die so easily and can help out in instances (Also has the 3 points in Nature's Guidance for better spell hit chance).

PvP
This build focuses more on weapon damage than spell damage. Which i believe all PvP shamans should focus on.

Resto
This one is straightforward.

The Cleric build
This build is my all-purpose Shaman build. It lets you PvP, instance and farm quite easily. It has the best of both worlds, healing and dps. And it also helps you OT quite well.

So yeah, i don't expect many people to reply other than Resilian (Shamans ftw!), but let's get some discussion going. What do you guys think of my builds?

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Leveling
This build ignores all enhancement because let's face it, enhancement really only shines in late game when you're 60 with good gear. It's mostly Elemental because that's where you'll be dealing the most damage while leveling up. It has a bit of resto so you don't die so easily and can help out in instances (Also has the 3 points in Nature's Guidance for better spell hit chance).
Personally I prefer the 5 points in Tidal Mastery rather than Storm Reach and Nature's Guidance, but I've seen your build work out good as well. It's a matter of preference really.

PvP
This build focuses more on weapon damage than spell damage. Which i believe all PvP shamans should focus on.
Until like Warlord it's hard to find any really good enhancemant shaman gear other than rolling on hunter items. I personally prefer elemental pvp for honor grinding at the least. Maybe if I ever get warlord or if BC has better melee gear I'll respec. Other than that I prefer enhance/resto over enhance/ele.

Resto
This one is straightforward.
HEALBOT FTL. Actually I've seen some nice resto shamans in PvP. So you can raid spec and PvP as long as you have nice gear, haha. But seriously, resto is nice for PvE, but Priests and Druids are better because of their renewing spells.

The Cleric build
This build is my all-purpose Shaman build. It lets you PvP, instance and farm quite easily. It has the best of both worlds, healing and dps. And it also helps you OT quite well.
This build is a much better PvP enhancement build. It's the best shaman melee build for PvP imo. If I can find some good enhancement gear I'll definitely respec to this or a variation.

Personally my build is the 31/0/20 build. Elemental Mastery is sexy. I don't care how much people rave about Natures Swiftness. IMO, EM > NS. ^.~;

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Personally I prefer the 5 points in Tidal Mastery rather than Storm Reach and Nature's Guidance, but I've seen your build work out good as well. It's a matter of preference really.
Yeah, it is just preference, but i totally didn't think of Tidal Mastery, that'd give you 11% crit chance for all lightning spells, and that's just with talents!

Until like Warlord it's hard to find any really good enhancemant shaman gear other than rolling on hunter items. I personally prefer elemental pvp for honor grinding at the least. Maybe if I ever get warlord or if BC has better melee gear I'll respec. Other than that I prefer enhance/resto over enhance/ele.
You provide a valid point, and i guess in the end it comes down to preference (And i know you love Ele builds :p). But to start getting good PvP Shaman gear, all you gotta do is get Blood Guard and Exalted with the Frostwolf Clan. You've got yourself some nice boots (Good stats, +15% movespeed with Ghost Wolf) and gloves, and FW gives you an epic mace.

Granted, the build i provided is melee, and people who melee die faster.

HEALBOT FTL. Actually I've seen some nice resto shamans in PvP. So you can raid spec and PvP as long as you have nice gear, haha. But seriously, resto is nice for PvE, but Priests and Druids are better because of their renewing spells.
Yeah that build is boring as batshit but you become so much more efficient. I hardly run out of mana in ZG. Your Ancient mana spring gives 33-34 mana every two seconds and your regular one gives 12. Not to mention the beefy Mana Tide Totem that gives 290.

With that build, i was popping off 3k crits with half Elements, half Five Thunders and +200 healing gear.

This build is a much better PvP enhancement build. It's the best shaman melee build for PvP imo. If I can find some good enhancement gear I'll definitely respec to this or a variation.
Problem is, with that spec, you need a shield. This build is designed to keep you alive, i got sick of getting owned while using a two-hander, so i whacked my shield on so i'd take less damage. If you want to wield a two-hander, i'd say use my proposed PvP spec. But in the end, it's all up to you :)

Personally my build is the 31/0/20 build. Elemental Mastery is sexy. I don't care how much people rave about Natures Swiftness. IMO, EM > NS. ^.~;
NS is still good, but used for totally different situations. I only really use it in PvP to pump out a shitload of damage fast, or in instances to whip out an instant Healing Wave if someone gets mobbed fast.

I'm gonna have to actually test your build, it sounds like more fun than being a Cleric.

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Ya, I've often times double critted, once from EM, once from luck..and if you double crit on a clothie you have a good chance of killing them. =P

That's with my shitty gear, too. ^^;