The Secret Cow level - is it still worth it?

Pandaren

Premium Member
Reaction score
Last I played Diablo LoD was back in 1.09. So that makes it almost 3 years break for me. Since the new patch is completely different then 1.09 I want to ask is it still worth to do cow runs? Do you get same exp and magic drops there or Blizzard buffed it a lot?

Zoltar

Premium Member
Reaction score
Well. The only reason i still do cows are as follows.

New chars from level 20-25. This is the easiest and fastest way for them to level.
The only other reason i do it is in hell to level my merc. I have never found any good drops in that place.

Pandaren

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm, yeah I guess you are right cuz just killed Bhaal on NM and there is no single cow game in Hell. And back in the days it was mostly cow runs.

PS I remember once getting Vex from cows but this is it. The exp was worth it though.

mehtevas

Reaction score
Someone in my clan asked me same question. So.. for the past 3 days I've been doing Hell cows solo and I was averaging about 2 skiller gcs every 2-3 games. So in my opinion it's worth it for mf, but not for leveling.

xcxfrankxcx

Reaction score
now a days i think its getting pretty pointless for cows if your looking for something. but its always fun just to go once in a while to kill the cows.. mooo. lol .

Pee Wee

Member!
Reaction score
I find hrs and skill gcs at cows all the time, great place to mf.

Pandaren

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm, so may be it is not worthless after all. All I need to do is kill Diablo and Bhaal on Hell and cows here I come.

PS Anyone wants to help me kill Diablo and Bhaal on Hell?

Dragnskull

Retired Staff
Reaction score
depends on how you look at it, personally i -loved- doing cows even though they dont do shit for xp anymore

in my last days in diablo i loved to roll charms, which required a shitload of gems, which ment cows were my bestfriend, nothing like my fully decked out pally with his merc to wipe out cows in 3 minutes or less :)

LordNevar

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.valhallalegends.com
I don't know about now, but back in the day use to be good farming in there for all sorts of stuff. I know in one game I was in some guy opened a chest and popped 3 sojs from it. Yes I said what your thinking now, "No Way!", but yes it happened. I got a screen shot somewhere I'll have to find it. Though ya, I would say cows good for farming, not sure about 1.11, but that was 1.10 days.

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
In my opinion, it isn't. The cows are just easy pickings for your character to collect money. I have never found any good uniques doing cows, nor good runes. I was pretty much better off doing runs.

In Nez, Cows are a lot more difficult to kill. Since they have Open Wounds and have monster HP and damage. But the best part: You can keep doing them even if you kill the cow king (but the enterance is NEAR the cow king).

Pandaren

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, back in the days there was xp there, a lot of flawless gems and some people found pretty nice items there every 20th game. The only really valuable thing i got from the cows back there was a Vex rune. On a recent cow run though i found Bow skill ama GC.

Ps And it really sux that you can't kill the cow king if you want to be able to open the red portal again.

SpAwNtHeKiLlEr

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Ok, wait can you kill the cow king and still open it or not, damnit, now I'm confused. I would do cow runs just to see how many I could kill with my frenzy barb. It was fun when you could watch the newbs run in and get slaughtered by a gangbang of cows

SpAwNtHeKiLlEr

BattleForums Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I haven't played in a while!!

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
If you kill the Cow King with your character you can't make the secret portal for the Cows level anymore.
The only exception is in the mod I play. Since there is no Cow Portal now, there is a trapdoor that goes to the cow level in A1.

LordNevar

BattleForums Addict
Reaction score
Website
www.valhallalegends.com
You can stop spamming this in the forums now.