The Replay Thread

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Post your replays, melee or UMS, whatever :) Just say what map it is and any highlights of the replay.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Eh, it's a good thread, this one.

I'll start, then.

This is StarCraft 2, made by the thread creator, Azrael. It is a one on one, him versus myself. It was my first game, so I was kinda confused in the beggining. Then I saw the form of picking, and I chosed Treamet. He picked Infested Terran.

When I started playing, I had no idea what the hell I was suppose to do. So, I read the mission objectives, as he said, and finally managed to start building stuff.

Treamet are confusing, and if defeating the leader is all it takes, they are quite easy to destroy, I think. Nonetheless, I kept moving into panteras that kept giving me errors, because they were placed too near cliffs. Bastards.

That was probably what gave me that game, since then I moved my leader into the 9 o'clock base, and, after a little struggle, managed to trap a money giving thingie between the minerals, a cliff, and myself, and so I got a steady flow of cash going in.

That's when I started building bigger units, nomeadly carriers.

Oh, and, of course, I built an handy Dark Archon that I lost in a stupid way.

For your pleasure, and hoping it will work, here goes the replay:

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
UMS Map
Snow Ball Warz, I teh winar

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Me, Tronga, RyanXWing, and coRt: an FFA on Island Hop, which was one of the first games I played since my long due absence from Starcraft, before I came to Battleforums. Now, I was stioll in noobified stageduring this game, so cut me some slack if I suck, but it was a fun damn game, and I came close to beating Tronga. :p Brown is coRt, White is Tronga, I'm Purple, and RyanXWing is Blue. I spared him at the end, due to the fact that he asked for mercy, or to ally.So if you see that part at the end, you will know why. :D Well, enjoy the replay guys. :D

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Teh hell you were almost winning. I had Dark Swarm and hydras. That versus any air (except corsairs) is gawdly.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
I am, I saw you on before Tronga and myself played a melee game. When we got out, you weren't there anymore.. if you still want to play something, lemme know :D Do you use any messengers?

Edit: Please PM me if you want to respond to this post. I don't want off-topic replies to clutter up the thread :)

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
TrongaMonga said:
Teh hell you were almost winning. I had Dark Swarm and hydras. That versus any air (except corsairs) is gawdly.
I had more resources, though. I could have adapted to that in due time, so nyah! I did find it funny though how i came and rolled over you, then some of coRt's bases, then half of Tuna's. Only yo spare him, rape coRt, and kill some of your expansions again. I didn't do too bad that game honestly, though. :)

We should do it again sometime. :dance

Lwek

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.Battleforums.com
BattleForums said:
StarCraft & BroodWar Strategies
Talk about anything from multiplayer strategies against multiple enemies, to just plain old Terran, Protoss, and Zerg strategies. Or post your favorite replays here!
I had a replay of me doing a 150 apm(or maybe it was higher). I'm too cool to find it.:ufo

Master.America

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.soundclick.com
This's a replay from a game I played today. The game doesn't get really interesting until both me and my ally run out of minerals. It was a fun and intense game.. we came close to death many times.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Hmm, I guess I'll just be surprised at who wins :)

Is it just me, or do UMS replays just completely not work? Are there certain circumstances that they do, or a chance that they could? I don't want to waste my time saving a reply for a UMS game if it definitely isn't going to work.

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
They won't work if they go faster than x4. That, if you're lucky.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
I thought they didn't work period. :( Sadly, none of my recorded 9 Evolves Games woprked when I tried them on normal speed, and I was heavily disappointed because of that. :( But I'll have to tryu them again, to see if they work ot not. Theres something for Blizzard to fix.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
My old replays don't work anymore either. I need to go make some new ones I guess :p

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
That sucks. I can still view ones from 1.10 too. The one I posted was from 1.10, and I watched it two days ago to check if it was the right one to open.

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Sorry for double post, but this is my latest replay and it's between me and -Azrael666-. We played two matches eariler, but I saved this once since it was a really good and intense game in my opinion. I'm Orange and he's Yellow. TvZ, and I usually suck with Terran but tell me what you guys think. Considering I felt pretty damn good playing Terran like that, I don't care how much I sucked. That was really fun.

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Yeah it was fun. It also proves just how much I suck at melee SC.. Zerg is my best race :p