The real Mutalating army of NE

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
the problem is, dryads suck against melee. so wat u would wanna do, is get dryads and hunts. ez enough. and if ur gonna get chims, be smart, carry a fey hippos along

DemonMaRine

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
what i do... is if i'm against ne and he has a dh, i usualy get dh so everything is on my dh while he is healing with potions, and the dryads rip up his dh then i own all, lol, but yeah hunts are awsome with dryads i recomend it to newbs :fwink

HuJuWaMeKill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I like archers, but I think dryads end up being a better buy. You are going to have huntresses, since they are really the only mid-price-range melee for NE, the question is what to put with them. If a melee hero gets to your archers, they get ripped to shreds. Dryads are tough.

One thing to remember in these discussions is also that gameplay is more important than the precise mixture of units. A good player can win with crappy set of dudes, while an average player can lose with a superior army.

PS I think abominations make good targets for Entangling roots. They just sit there and die!

Masta

Member!
Reaction score
Vs UD I think that Dryads really rock....

-They do extra damage to aboms
-They slow
-Can't be possessed
-Gets the same upgrade as archers//huntresses so u can upgrade early and get a bonus to ure archers
-get bonus from PotM
-Minus: can't be healed by your units :(

RageWinterchill

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by Masta
Vs UD I think that Dryads really rock....

-They do extra damage to aboms
-They slow
-Can't be possessed
-Gets the same upgrade as archers//huntresses so u can upgrade early and get a bonus to ure archers
-get bonus from PotM
-Minus: can't be healed by your units :(
The extra damage to Aboms is correct. Still, it doesn't really affect them that much. It's the next point that really is correct.

Possession... well, Possession was made for the Bears anyway. :D

No, they don't. Hunts/Archers follow the of the Moon upgrades. Dryads follow the of the Wild upgrades.

Yeah, they do, but few NE units don't. :D

In any case, they don't. Dryads may do well against Ghouls and Aboms, but they fail miserably to Crack Ghouls. Crack Ghouls with level 2 Unholy Aura hit the speed cap, and are still fast even when hit by Slow Poison. In addition, the damage they deal to Dryads is very high, and Ghouls can eliminate Dryads one by one very rapidly.

This might be incorrect in light of the new 1.06 patch. Supposedly, Dryads are supposed to be much more powerful against melee now. However, there's a new UD counter for them now: FIENDS! :D

...No, I'm serious. Stop laughing!

x42bn6

Retired Staff
Reaction score
You just made me cry *sob*

Still, seeing Fiends make an impact is relieving. With quite a bit of damage, too bad they were overshadowed.

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
SharpSho0ter., not a bad srategy, but its not totally unbeatable like Shizo said. Personally, I would take out the chims and add something like 5 dragons, because there good caster defense, and + they have great spells/immunities. Other than that, a pretty good srategy, similar to mine, although, I would reccomend a DH instead of a PotM.

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Did anyone happen to notice the entire first page of this is flaming and bickering? Useless.

T!dus

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok 1 bastardsword and sharp stop spam fighting in this thread you have issues that need to be solved....pm...im...or e-mail each other ok......but don't boost your post count....