The Purging of the Realms

-Azrael666-

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
((You should continue soon, and make it so that anyone who was idle can come back later, still in the neg_space, buy their stuff, and join the rest of us.))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Ok then. We will commence. We will assume Kitty got her stuff.))

*All items bought and paid for, the adventurers turn back to the rift in reality and step back through. They arrive where they left, at the entrance to the clearing that holds the mountain entrance to the alien hive. The comrades look at each other, this time Azrael included, and then to the mountain. The battle will soon begin.*

((Take it from there, guys. There will be a lot of alien Drones at the entrance, and just so you can know what's coming...take a look at the Mercenary's War thread that I just posted in recently. The beast that V'kleta morphed into to kill the windbeast...you'll have to face one. :lucifer))

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
((Trust me guys, it's not pretty. IT'S GORGEOUS!!! Okay, in all seriousness, we're gonna have to be pretty sneaky to whup that Queen. But let's deal with the little guys first, shall we?))

Looking at his comrades, Ian smiled. It would be a glorious battle. "Ready, comrades?" A collection of grim nods answered him. "Then let's go." He jumped into the air, hovering above their heads. "Remember, if an ally is in peril of being captured, you must slay him. Kender, Rune, long range support." Looking at the slender man that had stepped out of the rift, he nodded. "I knew you were floating around. Nice body. You'll be ground attack. I'll come in from on high."

((Did I miss anyone? Ian's a bit of a tactics master, so sorry if anyone is offended by his taking charge in battle situations.))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((You missed J'kar. Remember, I pulled him in? Anyway, J'kar tends to take charge so...if he confronts you deal with it.))

*J'kar flies up next to Ian, and grins at him, then the others on the ground.*

"Ian and I will cover air support. I plan on mostly going distance, because I've fought these things before. Trust me, only get close if you MUST. Azrael, your body dying may not kill you, but it does limit what you can do, so I'd advise some caution. We should all fight from afar as long as we can. And make every shot count. This is a fully-developed hive...that means many different breeds, and not just a few aliens. We could easily be up against hundreds of them. Watch your backs, too. These guys are sneaky bastards."

((There will be TONS of Aliens once we get to the entrance. Expect them to boil out once they know we're here. Feel free to RP battling them and kill as many as you can as long as the fight is realistic. I think the first ones you kill should be tougher, and once you get used to them they should die easier. Oh, and try to get them before they reach trees...once they get into the forest it's guerilla warfare; they'd attack and melt away. It's best they don't cover the field terrain too fast.))

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
Ian looked down at his wristlets. They would allow him to fire ice projectiles, but their range was rather limited. It seemed that he would be the one to see the first melee combat. "Then what are we waiting for? CHARGE!"

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Azrael is awed as he looks down at his hands. It is so much different to own the flesh rather than possess it.. the two feelings cannot compare. He shakes off the shock as he remembers the imminent threat. Thumbing through his new spellbook at an alarming rate, he quickly memorizes the spells within. Having no longer use for the book, he touches his hand to the cover, imbuing the book with destruction. The book disintegrates into nothing. Azrael makes a quick motion and gives his wardrobe a resistance to acid. He takes his dagger and duplicates it, sheathing both on his belt. He pulls his crossbow from his back, and duplicating the single bolt, puts the spare in its appropriate storage slot, with the new one ready to fire. He quickly imbues his daggers and loaded crossbow bolt with the element of flame, hoping that it will make some difference. Looking around and his allies, he speaks to them.

"If I am captured, take not the risk to kill me. Should my body be destroyed, I will return to my original form."

With that, he moves forward slowly, ready to snipe at a moments notice.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
*J'kar nods at Azrael and the others, his hands glowing with flame as he readies for battle.*

"Now...we FIGHT!"

*With a battle cry, he leads the charge over to the mountainside, and when he gets into range, he stops and works his hands in a flowing, everchanging pattern, gathering fire energy into his grasp. When he has worked up a concentrated ball of flame, he projects it at the open nest entrance. The drones just inside are incinerated, their shrieking cries surely waking the others within. As the flames die down, the cries of the aliens inside begin to boil to the surface. J'kar and the others ready their long-range attacks as the first of the drones pour out of the cave...*

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
Ian points both fists towards the entrance. Concentrating, a blue white mist forms about his clenched fists. With a battle cry, he released his energy. The mist shot forward, taking on the form of a roiling sphere of silvery flame. It grew as it went. Then it slammed into the nest, throwing up thick clouds of white smoke. As the smoke cleared, it showed the entire cave covered with thick ice. Ian looked at his hands. He didn't remember the blast being that big before. He shook his head, turning to his companions.

"Hurry, get into position! It may look thick, but I doubt it will hold them for long." Casting his gaze about, he searched for their spirit guide. "Sha-kul! Is there any weakness to these creatures?"

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
*After a few minutes of waiting for Sha-kul to show up, and with the Aliens pounding at the ice wall, J'kar smirks.*

"Sha-kul's not in right now, please take a message...I can tell you that their biggest weakness is...well they're really only physically vulnerable beneath their jaws, at the throat. Aside from that these are some tough beasties. You can punch through their exoskeleton, but it takes some force. You wanna know how tough these SOBs are? They've been known to survive in outer space for short periods of time. Not exactly sissies. I say we just press our attack...hey! I have an idea! I deal in fire, Ian deals in ice...what happens when you freeze something, then superheat it? It explodes! Maybe we can use this..."

RuneyPoo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
*Rune laughs at the two and then looks at Kender, he nods at her as the two others stay in front of them.*

Kender: You go up into the tree, you'll be safer there. I'll go over there. And you two up there, get ready to be covered in flames... It wont affect any of your equipment either...

*Rune whirls the staff up in the air in a circular motion, as he thinks about covering all his allies in the fire barrier. As the fire begins to move up each and everyone of their feets, it finally covers their who body and equipment.*

Rune: This should help your weapons as well, meaning your weapons should slide right through their skin, like a red hot butterknife going through butter. And your arrows Kender should slide right through their skulls, if you aim perfectly, destroying their brains will kill them I am pretty sure.

*Rune disapears in the midst of his allies, as they are standing there the ground begins to rumble, getting bigger and bigger every second. As this is happening boulders and dirt turn to fire and begin to fly at the Aliens one by one. One boulder flies right through the big ice barrier, Rune hopes it hits some of those aliens. Rune then looks down at his staff and smiles softly, he aims the staff at the cave and the staff begins to shoot out fire.*

Rune: Oh I'm having fun with my new toy boys!!!

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
*J'kar tsks at Rune. So he wants to play fire mage, eh? Nobody can compare to one who was born to demon blood!

J'kar flies up even higher into the sky and twirls around, arms outstretched. A massive wind begins to form around him, and he begins to burn even more ferociously. The flame builds around him as the caverns explode with Alien life. Hundreds of Drones, Warriors, Runners, and Praetorians come boiling out of the hive entrance. They run across the clearing towards the adventures like a shrieking black carpet. As they near the stunned heroes, J'kar's eyes fly open, and red energy pours from them. Barriers of flame leap over his comrades, and the energy that J'kar has been holding within shoots into the sky. A massive vortex appears above them, and J'kar rockets down to the ground, slamming down and forming a crater about 10 feet deep. Moments later, the skies open up, and fireballs rain down upon the battlefield, incinerating the Aliens they touch. Amidst the carnage, J'kar can be seen, whirling about with his war-scythe in a tornado of destruction. The fire barriers protecting his fellows disappear, and they join the melee, dancing between the falling flames and slashing at the Aliens.*

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
"J'kar, get clear!" Ian roared. As he spoke, he began charging up a large blast of cold energy. J'kar nodded once to him, then jumped back into the sky. Ian fired the gathered energy at the crater. The roiling blast filled the crater, overflowing it. The ground, literally burning from J'kar's demon fire, began to buckle and crack, contracting from the intense cold besieging it. The remaining Aliens died either by being frozen alive, or being crushed by the roiling earth.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
*J'kar yells for the team to be wary, as it's unlikely all Aliens were killed. The entrance appears empty, so J'kar motions for the team to move in.*

Batmansbutler

Alfred
Reaction score
Website
www.dylanroy.com
((Sorry for my inactivity i have been pretty much deathly sick and before that very busy and again sorry))
Malice Awakens from his slumber. Not really taking in his surrondings thinking that he has to help his friends. Thinking that he is now ready. I feel even more powerful than i have been for a long time. It feels good

He begins to prepare his spell for his long distance teleport. Ill be there soon myfriends, very soon.

Batmansbutler

Alfred
Reaction score
Website
www.dylanroy.com
((Hopefully i appear.. cough cough eric cough... at a time where i am needed and show up in the knick of time :sly ))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((I think you appear just as we prepare to enter the hive.))

*Malice appears just as they are about to enter the hive. The others brief him on what's been happening, and they start down the deep hole in the mountainside...*

((I'll edit and post more later...no time at the moment...for now you guys can chat as you move down the tunnel...))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((The RP hack is down...they took it off temporarily, so no more Gil for the time being. Okay, I have time now to continue the quest...))

*The adventurers walk down the sloping tunnel into the bowels of the mountain relatively free of hassle. A few drones attacked, but were quickly slain by J'kar's flashing scythe. When Malice expressed some concern at his lack of armament, J'kar pulled a pair of hand-scythes from his belt and tossed them to the archangel. Malice accepted them, although he was a bit unsure of how useful they'd be against these terrors.

They have been walking for some time, when they reach a large antechamber, filled with leathery pods attached to the ground beneath a thin layer of mist. A quick assessment shows movement inside of the nearest one, and the party realizes that they are looking at the egg chamber. The walls come alive, and six Praetorians drop down to face the adventurers.

CREATURE DESCRIPTION- ALIEN PRAETORIANS

Similar in appearance to the Alien Queen, they are the size of your average Warrior alien, but much tougher. They are purebreed aliens, able to form from any host, and they are immune to small-arms fire. Heat is generally useless as well. Their armored carapaces are very tough, and it would take a strong arm to pierce them. As with most aliens, the weakest spot is the underside of their neck.

The Praetorians circle the adventurers, preparing to attack.*

((Okay, RP the battles with the Praetorians. They are tough adversaries, so take them one at a time. Don't be a hog. These are essentially pre-bosses, so don't wear yourselves out in the battle, either.))

R

R'Kaia DrachenFeuer

((Alright, Eric, ya talked me into it. So...I suppose I'm gonna jump in as R'Kaia...J'Kar's sister...yeah, I'll let him work out all the details. Meh.))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Okeydokey, Sarah...I'll intro you after the boss battles. Now is NOT a good time to enter the fray...so you can hop in afterwards, much the same as J'kar did.

I bet J'kar will have a blast with his sis around.))