The Purging of the Realms

RuneyPoo

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
*Rune looks up and thanks god in his head. He then looks down at the old man and takes out his spell book. He then continues to hand the spell book and his staff over to the old man, along with the 500 gil.*

Oddly enough, I would love to know where you got that from! There has only been on of those all together as far as I know, and last I knew that king of the Dark Elves was holding it!!! Oh my, please let me have it now, I just want to hold it.

*Rune being excited waits for the old man to hand the precious staff over.*

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
*The old man chuckles at Rune again.* "I have access to anything that exists, did exist, or will exist. Anything at all can be found, and for a reasonable price. This is not the staff of the elven king, but it is similar in power. Here, mage. You may take this item now, and keep your spellbook and prior staff. I do not barter, I merely sell.*

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
Azrael summons up its spectral energies and materializes 250 Gil before the old man.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
*The old man grins as he takes the money.* "Well then, spirit. You've got yourself a body and some items. When you return to the outer realm, you will have your purchases."

((that takes care of you guys, but let's wait for the others in here to get what they want before we resume.))

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
Ian looks at the man. "You couldn't possibly give me what I truly want. I doubt you could give me my memories." Even if he had access to anything that ever had, did, or would exist, he couldn't materialize memories...could he? "But if you have some form of charm that protects from acid, that would be appreciated." Thinking for a moment, he said, "A pair of wristbands, made of ice that never melts. They would be engraved with runes similar to the ones tattooed on my chest." Ian smiled a bit. Those wristlets had been stolen from him during the Kur'tal massacres. The demon lord who had them would never take them off. He doubted the man could summon them right off the lord's wrists.

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
*The old man peers closely at Ian and chuckles--apparently a pattern with him.*

"Well, let's see...the charm is easy, and will cost a mere 30 Gil...the wristbands are just as simple...for you are truly arrogant if you think that never would such things ever be duplicated, and they will cost you 60 Gil."

*He materializes the objects in question, and then summons a glowing slivery-blue energy ball that burns with an icy fury and floats in the palm of his hand.*

"As for your memories...nothing is out of my hands...but such things are very expensive...powerful magic is needed to obtain them, so I expect quality payment....say........500 Gil? Expensive yes...and you may not have such money...but perhaps another does...?"

*Glances pointedly at Rune.*

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
Ian reached into a pocket, pulling out his gold bag. Counting out his coins, he found he had a full 100 Gil. "I can pay for the amulet and wristlets." He handed over the appropriate coinage. He took his items and placed them in another pocket. Now was not the time to wear them. Then, following the old man's gaze, he looked at Rune. "I would be extremely grateful if you would do this for me. I would owe you much more than I could ever repay."

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((hey DOC...need the Gil...once my total goes up...you can have the stuff...but not until then...))

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
((Don't worry, J'kar, I'll get you your cash. I just have to get it. The last time I was in the RPR was when it first started. We RPed money back then. But we're in a clan together, so you'll trust me to get the money for you, right? I won't try and buy anything until then.))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((I gotcha...and on the honor system, I'll allow you to obtain the items...but not the memories. If you want those now, you have to convince Rune to get them.))

RuneyPoo

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
J'kar DrachenFeuer said:
((I gotcha...and on the honor system, I'll allow you to obtain the items...but not the memories. If you want those now, you have to convince Rune to get them.))
((Just give him the memories, as you know I am good for it... I've already gave you more then you have needed... And if others would RP it would be really nice, thank you...))

Kitty

Reaction score
(My apologies you guys. ~.~ Disconnected internet n' shit.))

Kender pondered for a bit.

"Hmmm...do you think I could get something poison resistant, but light?" She asked the old man. "I don't wanna be weighed down by heavy armor. Also, do you think you'd have anything for Leo as well, and light too? He needs to be able to fly and I don't want him to get hurt." She patted the griffin's head.

"Hmmm, and in your professional opinion, do you think I'd need a new bow and daggers? The ones I have now suit me just fine, but I'm not sure if they'll do well against the all-ali...er, monsters."

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Ok, Rune is right...he is good for it and he has given me surplus in the past. Memories go to Ian.))

*The old man produces a set of cloth armor that appears to be made of a white, wispy substance that somehow resists all pokes and prods. He pulls out something similar for the griffin.*

"This is a suit of armor made from the silk of a deadly giant spider from an alternate realm. It'll stand up to darn near whatever you throw at it, including the Aliens' acidic blood. It is light as a feather, so those with low weight tolerance are well-suited to this armor. However, the one thing it is vulnerable to most is fire. You would do well to avoid it."

*Examines bow and daggers, then pulls out a very nice composite bow and a pair of daggers made of some strange, hard material.*

"Your current bow and daggers are fine weapons, but they will not stand up to the aliens' onslaught. These are most definitely proper for the job. The bow packs enough punch to blast through their exoskeleton, and the the daggers are made from the Aliens' own teeth and claw material, melted down and reforged. They can slice through steel like hot butter. The entire ensemble will be set at a low price for the lady, of only 400 Gil for the lot. This is some fine equipment here."

((Oh and btw, I talked to...um...Omnislash's person (name eludes me offhand)...he forgot about the RPG, and wants out. In this spirit it will be known that Omnislash will stay in the NEG_SPACE realm with the shopkeeper to study the ways of interdimensional retrieval. This way, should he want back in at a later date, he can come in even more valuable to the team, and pretty much outta the blue.))

-Azrael666-

Reaction score
((Is that it? Because I can't do anything with my stuff until we leave the neg_space realm))

DragonOfChaos

Member!
Reaction score
Taking the amulet and wristlets, Ian looked dubiously at the orb of light. He contemplated it while placing the wristlets and amulet on. The runes upon the wristlets began to glow with a faint blue light, recognizing their true master. The floated around Ian's wrists, wobbling and turning, but never quite coming in contact with his skin. He reached out for the glowing sphere, but when his hand was but inches away from it, it darted past his hand and flew straight for his face. Hitting him on his forhead, the orb slowly absorbed into his head. The runes upon his chest and on the wristlets flashed.

It all came back to him. His family, his home in the mountains, the way the snow came nearly every day. But there, at the bottom of it all, was the worst memory. The arrival of the orc horde. The Silverwing clan fought bravely and had killed many orcs that day, but in the end, the horde's superior numbers had won. At the end of the battle, Ian and what was left of his family stood, ringed by orc warriors, ready to die fighting. But a shaman danced up, waving his hands in the air and speaking in a garbled and strange dialect. Then he flung his hands out toward the dragonoid group, and in a bright flash of red light, the group vanished. Ian had tried to take to the skies before the spell struck, but had been caught on the edge. Maybe that's why I was the only one to survive...

Ian opened his eyes. He realized he was kneeling, and his face was wet with tears. Drying his face, he stood. Looking at Rune, he said, "Thank you. You have given me back something of such value that I doubt I can ever repay you."

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Hmm...let's go ahead and wait for Kitty's next post. She needs to officially obtain her stuff, and then I think we can head on out. So...roll call. Who all is with us? I count the active RPers as me, Az, DoC, Rune, and Kitty. The others have kind of drifted. ANYBODY ELSE WHO PLANS TO CONTINUE THE QUEST SHOULD POST IN HERE BEFORE WE CONTINUE OUT OF NEG_SPACE!))

Vadriel

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Reaction score
((Oh yeah BB..BatmansButler...hmmm he drifted away didn't he? He was pretty into this for a while, but haven't heard from him...for that matter, I haven't seen any posts anywhere on the forums in some time...maybe he got grounded or his comp broke down.))