The price of addiction?

Khull

Premium Member
Reaction score
Lets face it, when you bought Diablo you know you were addicted from the start. Hell I watched my freind play it for 20 minutes 1 year before I bought it and I was addicted:p

What has the addiciton cost you? Its cost me my one shot for a good social life (which wasn't all that great anyway:p) and a freind or 2, along with other minor things.

However it did a few good things also: It led me here to BF for starters, and really broguht me deep into the Computer Gaming world.

How about you all?

Jason

BattleForums Guru
Reaction score
Well..a certain point in my life I was online so much that I showered once a week, never brushed my teeth, and had no social life or girlfriend. Once I finally got a girlfriend I changed..since then even after losing her I've changed dramatically. Diablo caused me to have such a horrible life. I'm glad I was able to fix it. I still play every now and then, but not nearly as much as I did. I also shower and brush my teeth daily now. :p

shimshimheyxD

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
u guys shud be on thos maury shows lol soo sad..

well i became addicted right after it came out. my schoolgrade went down to B and Cs and i play like 9 hours a days.. going crazy over it.. i dont brush my teeth and shower much.. but then i became very popular in my school.. and i became more social with people so then i started playing less.. and then the rust storm came and i was like WTF!!?!!!?!!?!?!? :yum :rollie i was soo mad everything good deleted.. and i quit playing d2 for like 1 and half years.. than i came bak playing last week and boy i played like 5 hours a day.. i became addicted like madd... so here i am typing my addiction

IDefy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
School suffered as did some social things. It was to the point where i'd play 6 hours a day go to sleep and wake up at 4:30 everyday to play for 2 hours b4 school.

I have had hygene problems though, always kept that in order. LOL

Trojan

Respected Member
Reaction score
fine fine i go on for a lot but yet my social life is fine. i talk to pplz and play sports as well as most should :)

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Cost me 4 classes I failed, a few poential Gf's here and there, no friends, ruined my social life (But I got it back) and that's about it. Blame Shadow1psc2k for buying me D1. :p

Khull

Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow I feel somewhat fortunate, I didn't suffer nearly as bad as others...

drax

Member!
Reaction score
It never got very bad for me. I usually would play a couple hours a day, but my grades never went down or anything. Now my comp is messed up so I can't play it at all. ><

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Khull said:
Wow I feel somewhat fortunate, I didn't suffer nearly as bad as others...

I know a friend who went crazy and broke his computer because he accidently deleted his uber barbarian. :( But yea, some may have worse cases then others.
But it still sucks for everyone. :-/

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
My friends told me I lost my life to D2 in Grade 7

thats pretty much it.

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
my friend deleted all his chars when he was drunk,he got mad and spent 500$ on a new godly account,so sir the price of addiction is 500$

Trojan

Respected Member
Reaction score
well just spendin 500$ on a game is stupid especially d2 where u can recover quick :)

Jimbo

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yes,but this mofo was addicted he played like 20 hours a day(no lie) , so he had teh leets,but he coulda got it back in like 3 weeks with as much playing as he did,but he was addicted =/

irdamage

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
well...i first became addicted a couple years ago around winter time. I didnt really get addicted to the point where it f***ed up my social life or school life or any of that crap...i just enjoyed it ...played for like 2-5 hours each night. Its all about moderation :) i honestly dont c how someone can get terribly addicted to d2...its a fun game but its not exactly like crack or anythin. Besides i beat my "addiction" out of bordom...i got bored with mfin at the time so i just turned it off and didnt play for like weeks ...came back played for a bit ...stoppd playin for a while and so on.....

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
If anyone spends money on d2, it's because they suck at the game and are newbies. Only 1337 players don't buy shit ;)

On another note, I just did inept's Hell HF, and found a gul then traded it for a Light GC (*for him*) and a SoJ for my necro. WOO!

Darkmatter

Battle God
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
Hmm. Some people are good tht ebay. Their skill + the bought items. But not many, most don't know how to use the class they made, and expect to click and watch evwerything die. :p

Kao

Drives an Evo IX ;)
Reaction score
AKA Blizz Sorcies in dueling.