The offiicial Dark Knight thread [SPOILERS]

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
The movies out this weekend, so talk it up here. Spoilers are abound so don't say I didn't warn you.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Man. Tickets are sold for the sneak preview and up to sunday here, probably. Hopefully my friends and I can get in to the latest sunday showing.. Sucks having only one good theater.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Yeah, some of my buddies were having trouble getting tickets last week but I already bought a good amount of tickets (15, actually) for myself/people i knew that wanted to go/co-workers/empty seats so I don't have to sit next to some spic.

I had the opportunity to see it as an 'advanced' showing out of state, but meh. I've been keeping pretty decent tabs on the 'basics' of what happens and who's in it, but other than that I've been trying to keep away from spoilers and such so I can go in with a fresh mind on what's gonna happen.

Renzokuken

Saved
Reaction score
Saw it last night. Me and twenty of my friends pre-booked a few days in advance.

In short, it was epic. I went into it wanting it to be awesome, and it was. They did the Joker, Harvey Dent/Two Face and Batman so well. They're really starting to capture Batman's mind as one of not quite so sane.

SPOILERS
Kinda sucked that Two-Face died, well i assume he did since he fell from a reasonable height. Aaron Eckhart was superb at bringing out Two-Face. The make-up and CGI on the left side of his face looked so ****ing awesome. And the story behind how his face became damaged was infinitely cooler than acid in the face during court.

I guess i'll leave it at that and wait for someone else to reply before i go on more.

SEE THIS MOVIE

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Re: the dark knight

No midnight showing anywhere near me, so now I get the noon one. Got my ticket right here.

3 hours and 54 minutes to go.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Re: the dark knight

Oh gee thanks for making a whole nother thread when theres already one stuck at the top.

Trojan

Respected Member
Reaction score
Omfg saw it last night at midnight and it was ****ing amazing. Heath Ledger brought out such a great Joker. The only thing that pissed me off was how they killed off Two Face in less than half a movie.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
phenomenal. I even ended up with two empty seats beside me, despite a packed house, and my ridiculously good seats.

There is nothing to be said that hasn't been said on how amazing the Joker was. Batman was good. The action sequences were better than the first, and everything is much better than the first one.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
I thought it was meh. Joker was alright, Two-Face was kinda meh, and the movie just kept dragging on over and over.

I'll go see it another time when I'm not drunk at 1am going off like an hour or two of sleep.

Wing Zero

lol just as planned
Reaction score
wasnt blown away. good movie tho. Best part was the watchmen trailer. worst parts.....THE GOD DMAN PEOPLE AROUND ME

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
I'm thinking this movie was incredibly overhyped.

I've seen about 30 people or so going on about how it "was the best movie they've ever seen" and it just blows my mind as to how people can think that. It wasnn't that good. Now don't get it twisted, I'm not saying it's bad. I liked it, but I liked it about the same level as Batman Begins. Definatly not the "best superhero movie" cause it felt more like a crimedrama than anything else really. Could of easily changed the characters and made it some random hollywood flick and no one woulda paid it any attention.

In fact, one of the reasons everyoe is saying that it's the best movie evar!!! is cause Heath Ledger decides to kill himself and now everyons likes AW POOR HEATH :( :( :( :(.

Hale

BattleForums Newbie
Reaction score
I'm thinking this movie was incredibly
In fact, one of the reasons everyoe is saying that it's the best movie evar!!! is cause Heath Ledger decides to kill himself and now everyons likes AW POOR HEATH.
You have no right to assume that everyone believes that the movies is superb based on Heath Ledger's death. Whether he died or not, the movie was marvelous and that is based on performance alone chum.

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
Where in the post did I say "the only reason everyone likes it is cause of Heath Ledger", cause I sure as hell can't find it.

I'm telling you from my own personal experience in theaters/around the area/friends that just about every single one of them is raving on and on about how good Heath Ledger is in it, but I guarendamntee you that if he hadn't died, his performance wouldn't of gotten this reception.

concrete_sox

Premium Respected Member
Reaction score
if you guys dont wanna watch it here i will sum it up for you rachel dies, joker is in jail, dent murders people, fake Batman in it

Barney Stinson

Suit up
Reaction score
With guns. Its awesome.

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Seeing it tonight. Thanks for ruining it for me guys.