The next protoss unit: Carrier

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
http://www.starcraft2.com/features/protoss/carrier.xml

I think they have just sacked and re-did the idea of Tempests and re-created one of the most annoying units in Starcraft history, the Carrier. After looking at it, I like the graphical improvements and it will probably still be used as a support unit.

Max

Member!
Reaction score
Looks great.

It's all about micromanagement, targeting the carrier rather than its interceptors.

Hopefully they got rid of arbiters. Those were really annoying.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
I loved the carrier in starcraft.....and they are REALLY easy to kill if you knew how to. Just micro-manage and kill the carriers...it isn't that hard at all.

Phoenix2003

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
If you're playing against a total moron, then yes, they are easy to beat. Not sure anyone would single out carrs, though. That applies to just about most units.

Anyway, they do look weird in 3d. Its gonna take some getting used to.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
L

Laharl

They're only annoying by the fact that everyone seems to THINK they are good.

Lizardbreath

Former Staff member
Reaction score
I know....that's half the fun. When people go protoss and are like OMG I GOT CARRIERS...then I go and lock them all down and rape them they get all mad and say I hax.

betaalpha5

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
my carriers never survive to make them worth getting. except in single where i use a little power overwhelming and just swarm through the map :)

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Carriers are too easy to blast out of the skies with Terran. EMP gives them no shields and they can fry at the hands of Wraiths + BC together. Valks are useless vs them without support.

PauseBreak

Reaction score
I liked the dark templar look of the carrier, or tempest. I still like these new graphics :)

Zmoney

Reaction score
Money mappers use carriers. bout sums it up.

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
This thread is fallen way off course. Too many idiots on this board. Too much theorycraft. *sigh* :(

PauseBreak

Reaction score
How did it fall off course? We are still talking about the Carriers 16 posts later. :)

And since when isn't theorycraft a part of SC in general? Especially on a game that isn't out yet? Its just a small, fun facet of the game. :)

Nice call out to all the idiots. And how you pointed out it on this specific board. :rolleyes *shakes head*

Pains Requiem

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
That took for ****ing ever to kill the BC in the action shot. 3v1?

It had plenty of time to take the sheilds out of the middle Carrier and even do health damage to it. Carriers are only good in numbers and have a decent-ish range and swarming the view area with interceptors just makes them look a little intimidating.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
No sir. False.
People in Money Maps mass them in bulk. A non-money you could probably only get away with like 3-4 of them. 12 of them would take too long and require a legion of resources. And what if your enemy destroys them and you got nothing left?

Phoenix2003

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
How did it fall off course? We are still talking about the Carriers 16 posts later. :)

And since when isn't theorycraft a part of SC in general? Especially on a game that isn't out yet? Its just a small, fun facet of the game. :)

Nice call out to all the idiots. And how you pointed out it on this specific board. :rolleyes *shakes head*

OK.
Technically, this thread was never on course. And they're talking about BW carrs not SC2. This a thread full of ignorant morons. They've proven it with they're posts above.

And Chris, STFU. You know not what oou're talking about.