The New heroes...?

shutupandgoaway

Member!
Reaction score
What do all of you people think about the three new(well,sorta)neutrals(the two goblins and the FL)?Personally, i kinda like the FL, but i think the tinker sucks for everything except a superharass. I tried him out, and confirmed my suspicions(sp,whatever)that he kinda sucks as a primary hero except in that sitiuations.Any opinions?

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
No idea, I only use DH and Kotg in my games. Rarely do I use neutral heros.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
All the new ones are generally overpowered when they first are released and after beta they suck, so just use racial heros....that solves everything. ;)

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
i mainly use Arch mage, pitfiend, and pally. i dont see how DL would fit into my strat(same for goblin)

(my strat is to use the arch mage to get to lvl 6 fast and portal around. pit fiend has his uses, terror...to me...is VERY useful when combined with pally's aura. add defence to ur units while at the same time taking away attack...it helps!)

dP

Member!
Reaction score
when i played my first game on 1.17, i beat 2 guys at the same motha ****in place at the same motha ****in time! and all thanks to my FL and my human skills. well- yeah.

Sogeking

Shithead
Reaction score
4 v 4 doesnt make too much of a differance...were talking about mainly 1v1 games

Moosh

Reaction score
my fav neutral hero is the Dark Ranger and I tend to use her as a secondary hero after a primary racial hero (e.g., Farseer, DK, AM or DH). Tried the FL a bit, that volcano looks good, but reckon its just a glorified earthquake.

shutupandgoaway

Member!
Reaction score
FL isn't that great...I take him out easily with an AM and a few long rifle gunmen, or with MK and some foots. His spells own, but hes pretty easy to kill-like a mage should be.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
AHappyChineseBoy said:
Naga still remains the best neutral hero.
The firelord and the alchemist just doesnt cut it.
OMG NAGA ABUSE!!!!!

I remember those days, then they "fixed" her more closer to balanced. But she still is rediculous at times.

Emperor Pan I

Respected Member
Reaction score
Have u seen the alchemist with UF and it's spell. thing attacks like a beast!

Also, I have gotten to like the fact that the FL gives me a good summon to creep with as ud, otherwise i would be forced to use the fat-slow assed CL for those crummy beetles.

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Aragorn7 said:
OMG NAGA ABUSE!!!!!

I remember those days, then they "fixed" her more closer to balanced. But she still is rediculous at times.
The funny thing is naga abuse was the same time as the beastmaster abuse. Thoes two hero's together = GG. The beastmaster was abusable for 1.10 1.11 1.12 took so long for people to find out..

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
shutupandgoaway said:
FL isn't that great...I take him out easily with an AM and a few long rifle gunmen, or with MK and some foots. His spells own, but hes pretty easy to kill-like a mage should be.
I think you're right, if you dispell his spawns, he has no useful spells. Volcano can be stoped if you stun him.

Aragorn7

Member!
Reaction score
Pan said:
Also, I have gotten to like the fact that the FL gives me a good summon to creep with as ud, otherwise i would be forced to use the fat-slow assed CL for those crummy beetles.
Pan speaks truth! Beetlez sux....

I only like using them in combonation with necros really. Someone used it against me once and I got flattened... ^^

Jenny

is ....listed
Reaction score
Alchemists armor lowering AOE dealy and a corruption orb is pretty cool. He can also heal your enemies!

BluddLuSt4Life

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.asstr.org
Flamelord wins the coolness contest, but I think in the long run it will be seen that alchemist is a better hero. Has enough mana to cast 2 spells, plenty of life, good damage.. only thing holding him back is his pitiful armor/agility, which can sometimes be fixed by good item drops