The most newbish thing you've ever done???

jd-inflames

Melodic Murderer
Reaction score
Website
www.cursedprophets.com
This one is rather current...

I uploaded a copy of a cerain 3rd party botting program that we shall not discuss here...well, I uploaded it preconfigured and forgot the fact that I had my account password, so I managed to lose 2 GF's, and countless other lovely items.

drax

Member!
Reaction score
I traded an soj for a SPECTRAL SHARD back in classic. Then I traded a good bow for what I thought was a better crossbow. Then, I got popped by someone and lost all my stuff (most of it was crap) including the shard I just traded for, lol. Then, I traded 3 pskulls (when 1-2 pskulls was worth an soj) for another shard and a bonesnap. After that, I got the ol' switcheroo done on me with a 3ptopazed helm with some crappy amulet. I traded a 219 lance with like 75 poison damage and duel leech for a lance with 225 damage and no other good mods. My friend was rushing me and I found a +2 barb ammy with godly mods, and my friend said he needed it for his barb, so I was like "meh it's probably not that good anyway" and gave it to him. I also gave him a very high defense helm (for classic) because I thought the other mods sucked.

Let's see, what else have I done...Oh yea, I tried trading my SS for a shaftstop and war travs, but I got careless and fell for the "inventory full" trick. Meh. I also put a point into everything on my sorc. Xfered in public games (luckily I was sneaky and no one took my stuff :)). After my friend gave me some godly gear I said "Damn not enough room better put this on a mule" and trusted some random guy with it and I said "I'll be right back just gotta put this on a mule".

I was trying to scam people (pop scam) back in 1.09, but I was a noob and just ended up giving them 2 bodies. They were like "WTF 2 BODIES HOLY CRAP" and I was like "no your supposed to pop!". I was trying to trade an soj for godly stuff, but then I found out this was after they weren't that rare anymore so everyone was laughing at me. :(

Okay, I think that's all.

JeRkInS

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.hurley.com
UMMMM I Got a charcter to like 92 ni 1.09 and it took me like atleast a week for my lvl to change by non stop cowing -.- and I chose the wrong skill and I cant remember but there was a really good item i had that i needed like 4 more of to get and i got the wrong thing and i couldnt use it... yeah that sucked..

so I didnt wanna waste my time getting to lvl93 so I just quit and waited for 1.10 to come out and of couse that was a huge disappointment

Flaming_Newbie

Member!
Reaction score
in 1.09 i traded my aldurs helm for an ort rune then i socked my 4 os long bow with the ort rune so i had 200 damage on a long bow and i was like "WOOT!!! i can kill ANYTHING IN ACT 1!!!" Ahhh the good ol' days

Entos

Member!
Reaction score
Website
entos.at.tt
the dumbest thing ive ever did is put my ohm'd WF n my unid Stormshield into trade window while have trade-auto-accepter on.
unfortunately the other guy had to click the "accept trade box"...

Ntrik_

Premium Member
Reaction score
I popped my corpse and I didnt even look for items back in classic :(

I maxed jab for my zon in classic even tho I never used it in hell, in classic

I made melee necro in classic, and had lots of fun with it (LOL?!!?!)

Well not really newbish thing, but I got free LoD from some guy for Sigon Shield, and waypoints.

thebullion24k

Reaction score
popped my zon back in the day and asked some peeps to kill the cows so i can get my body :D but they took my stuff :(

and passed up an ss for lidless :D

vampirules

Reaction score
My Worst Newbie Act

Hello all:

Back in around Feb/02 I finally crafted my first decent CCB with the 3 chippy receipe...+298%ed (not too shabby). My previous attempt was only +251%, so I was very pleased.

Gave it to my Act 5 merc to carry. I was playing a barb at the time and already was carrying a decent CCB with gems & runes in the sockets, but as I was doing more damage with my current sword, I thought the merc could hold the new one until I found good runes or jewels as my stash was full of MF equip I'd switch to and I couldn't place the sword in the stash.

Eventually I found an awesome and rare Ghost Pike with some seriously massive damage and mods, and had a brain-fart as I quickly ran to Act II to hire a town guard thinking to equip the guard with this pike I found...and totally erased my Act 5 merc with the still-unsocketted +298%ed CCB.

D'oh !!

Robert

drax

Member!
Reaction score
Traded a Gul rune for an Um rune. ><

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
OK ULTIMATE NEWB MOVE EVER!!!!!!!!

wanted to sort out my mule accounts (I have 3) created a room waited, and emptied my stash, left and came back did the same thing for my 6 character mules just for runewords. Left then came back with a clean character to fill up all runeword weapons. When I returned all my items were gone............. I CREATED AN OPEN NORMAL GAME ........ NOT PRIVITE!!!!!!!! Some lvl 4 character said thanks and left as well as some higher lvl character, one even called me an a$$ for doing that. almost all my runewords were gone. After taking invintory I lost 4 BotD, 2 Enigma, 1 CtA, 2 CoH, 1 Hoto, 1 DOOM, Delirium, Stone, and a Exile. This happened last night on USEast Ladder, at 3:17am Est.

NOW THATS NEWB TO THE EXTREME!

Mr.Sloth

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
most noobish thing ive done.... HMmmHMMhmmhZ.... oh yeah i traded MY only AND prolly MY Last ever EBOTD zerk for an arkaines 1.10 vers

minny

6 years and going strong!
Reaction score
i deleted my barb because i thought my items wont come back after dieing

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
OK this kinda off topic but its funny, I was a lvl 70 something Hammerdin in a norm game helping a friend with a rush, I get hostiled by a lvl 13 barb. He attackes me so i hit him with a hammer he dies. He starts crying saying I was a cheater. "theirs no way you can have beaten me with one hammer my def is 400". (I will never forget that) I replied well my def is 3k. He left as he called me a hacker.

.Pizza

Reaction score
we waz all noobs once

this one time... wen i was a noob, i had a 100 dmg great maul and this other noob wanted to trade me a gull 4 it......i was like hell no! lol

Pale_Horse

Member!
Reaction score
OMG I just gotta post this lol. My bud just deleted his account by accident, within the account was 3 mules and glodly geared characters. He actually was gonna cry.