The help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yes...thats true about the gryphs...But my intent was to MASS gryphs and overwhelm his army. He wont be able to catch up with his bats(because i would have rushed his burrows). In your replay, you should have MASSEd gryphs. He had no bestiary. It would have quickly overwhelemed his army. THe key is not to show the gryphs untill you ahve around 4. Then send them to his base to destroy his burrows...If he upgrades the burrows then your ****ed! But i think he can only do this at tier 3 and he wont have time to even think of it...

About your replay. Yes....he got owned! Its funny how tables could turn! I would have played it exactly like you. But those hawks got crapped on at the end of the game...but you had so much money. And the guy mad an expo at tthe wrong time. I also think he didnt have all the accolytes on his mine. he had 4...When he attacked your expo, dont fully engage his army! I know you want to waste time but, just try to harass and then run back...That way, you wont lose too many units and hero...

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
quiksilver87 said:
yes...thats true about the gryphs...But my intent was to MASS gryphs and overwhelm his army. He wont be able to catch up with his bats(because i would have rushed his burrows). In your replay, you should have MASSEd gryphs. He had no bestiary. It would have quickly overwhelemed his army. THe key is not to show the gryphs untill you ahve around 4. Then send them to his base to destroy his burrows...If he upgrades the burrows then your ****ed! But i think he can only do this at tier 3 and he wont have time to even think of it...

About your replay. Yes....he got owned! Its funny how tables could turn! I would have played it exactly like you. But those hawks got crapped on at the end of the game...but you had so much money. And the guy mad an expo at tthe wrong time. I also think he didnt have all the accolytes on his mine. he had 4...When he attacked your expo, dont fully engage his army! I know you want to waste time but, just try to harass and then run back...That way, you wont lose too many units and hero...
In the vs orc game, you are right i could have surpirsed him with griffs. Orc either goes shams + grunts and pults or grunts + riders. In my case with no riders it is good to surprise.

In the vs UD game, i could have microed air too, not only ground as in the upper replay u know- my pally had full mana, but i was... sleeping, also forgot to buy some scrolls of healing. Thats the only way because after nova many of the hawks- die of you dont use scrolls or move them away. But again, this is Lost Temple. What about other maps where you don't fe or you do not build expo at all. Is only asn expo and mass air the only way to beat ? Thats why i tried rifles in the upper replay - they get owned if you have more of them becase few aboms can do nothing if you have many rifles and casters.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah interesting, you have played vs indeed good player -from top clan ? So you can play vs good players because of their smurf accas, nice. But he must have played a lot with elf too. Well thats a very good strat- with warden. I also lose vs people higher than lvl 40 in some cases like this- you move with your units and do not kill anything, while he kills a unit every time you do something. Try not to fight unless you have enough units to make him lose more - and better save your units from dying.. that needs more practice- i am thinking of checking how good my micro gets every time. Umm and scrolls of healing vs warden- very important. Many scrolls.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah thats true! In the start he killed all my footmen. Archers are just so annoying. I hate them with a passion! Yeah jng is a top clan. There are many good players from it like jng.patos(NOt sure if spelled correctly) or something. I heard it is a brasilian clan.

Did I do anything wrong with the units i picked to fight against him? How on earth did he affford an expansion!

Mystic...you have to get me in this clan of yours somehow....some way! lol...

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know, I stick to the standard strats so I would go rifles and casters and when i have lvl 3 + MK and lvl 4 AM would try blizzard and clap, etc but not try to beat him without these things. Maybe he won't let you tech to knights or griffs, but u decide. As i said, if i lose with standard then it's my micro or the moment was not good to fight.

About that clan mTw, the probation period has ended. I am out of the clan as i and some other people didn't deserve to be in the clan without showing skills. It's not so sad- it is like too good to be true. I felt remorse as i already said in the other thread.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hey mystic...heres an update on how I am doing...I AM STILL IN MY PLACE!! Man it is as if i can never get out of this 50/50 %...
Ok..
Here are 2 replays that i lost...They are quite entertaining.
1 of them is versus an orc and the other versus an NE...
The one versus a NE is hard to call! If I would have made an expo, then he would have owned me! He was owning me even with a huge ass expo. I think the tower rush that i did at the start slowed us both down the same...What do you think? Did I do the Tower rush well?

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Try killing catapults first by ff from the units and don't put hawks into action when he has bats, then kill bats after pults or 1st bats then pults.

Send militia than slow peasasnts and do multiples- tech and do not leave tier 1 so long u had resources... u had no expo he had... ETC.It isnt a mistake to have a shop too just like orc does. Usually i hate elf.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
ok...Listen...I think i have a good strat going here! The past 3 games that i played were all orc. And guess how i BEAT THEM ALL IN A ROW! Gryphon rush! Here are the replays and tell me what you think of them! The one that made a fast expansion was level 26...I am level 30 now with 165 155...

I added 2 more that i found lying around...

The ones in Echo Isles were recently played...
I now figured the best way to do it...Creep as much as you can and tech...Build 2 aviaries in the back of your base! Make gryphons... When 4(no more no less...) come out send them directly to the burrows! they will disintegrate...Make sure u check if he is going wyverns so u can switch to D-hawks!

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah i used to do this old strat too. I just now stick to the standard.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lol i havent lost once yet with the strat! I will post a replay of me losing with this strat when it happens!

Man why arent you posting any of your replays?

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah but yesterday with expo i dont make so much effort to make gryphs, mass rifles and a funny ownage. I should post something better.Yesterday I made a nice game vs elf lvl 27 and bears but forgot to save the replay. Blizzard,clap, casters, rifles- gg bears.

IceDevil9

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rcthaven.com
Man, I gotta' try that, thanks for the info MS, lookin' for a good bear-killer.

-Frank :cool:

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Yeah, NE is really tough with those bears. Especially because they can easily switch about to different things by mixing dryads and archers. It gets tricky. so watch out!

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hey guys,
i just played a nice game vs NE...I lost...and was wondering if you guys have any pointers. My micro was very good imho...And i think i played very well...except for some very stupid parts(ull notice)...like at the start i lose a footy while making a fast expo!
But what do you think my downfall was? is it because i didnt take too much care of my heros?do you think i should have had more pots?
pots?

or is it DH = GG??

this is my new smurf account btw

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hehe vs another bg. I see you are in shape. When my exams end after a week and after 2 days of being back in shape we can make some 1vs1 games as i will be FREE until university studies start in late October ;)

Use potions earlier and invul potions too so creep the shop earlier. That's how you won't lose your heroes or he will lose time while trying to kill them. Meh ok, i'll even tell you that you should use invis for units- always upg this vs elf. Invis your MK every few seconds in fight and before so that he won't mass mana burn or you can make more bolts before he burns your mana. Use scrolls of healing 1-2-3, Dh morphed is mega imba i know. And sometimes you should tp even when you have enoough units, thats what i am trying to understand when they tp.

EDIT: Judging by his stats i can say... he is not good , i can beat him especially in mirror hum vs hum and you could also. Next time.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lol...so what are you studying in UNi?
thx i will try what you said...I got this BEFORE I played this other game and also lost against NE. This time i went BM as a second hero...BUT I DIDNT GO BANISH LIKE AN IDIOT! hahaha...i could have banished his DH and did extra damage with the gryphs! I took siphon like a retard.
In this game also...you can see that i knew that i needed items so i desperately crept the merchant losing 2 foots...hahah.
So yeah...I should have seriously won this game(with 2 more expos than him)...but i played it retarded. I also didnt know he was gonna have dryads at the end!
Here is the replay.

And 1 more thing. You remember the strat I told you earlier with the gryphs versus orc? I swear...it is still ****ing working. It works 95% of the time. No exaggeration. EVERY ORC I PLAY AGAINST...I USE THIS STRAT. I WILL POST UP THE NEXT couple orc games. I have seriously mastered the strat. And i dont build a second hero because it is a waste of money.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Oh, no no. I always make 2/3 heroes, but for this orc strat i only use one. I have been only using AM. But, i have found the AM to be useless by himself. So I am working on starting with the mk first. With the MK, you can really pick off units. And keep the enemy away from your base untill you get your aviaries and 4 gryphons! I already played a game against an orc and won again with the same strat! They usually end up realizing that you dont have crap when your 4 gryphons come. They might stand out of your base and make towers. But no worries. Feed them some footies or something to make them feel comfortable. And then send the gryphons straight to their base. The guy wont even have time to look back at his base! hahha...

Lol, i tried playing normally(Rifles, Sorcs, priests) against an orc and lost!

so any ideas about the replay?

Status
Not open for further replies.