The help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Post all your replays here so we can help each other out. Dont forget to post your NICk...I can only help Human players! But maybe other people can help you ...if they play other teams and if this thread gets big.
I have a nice replay to show you...i got pwned though because i am retarded! I will post it later because i am not at home!

Please note that this thread is titled "HELP". Dont post any amazing replays of that sort. Strats are welcome though...

Equalizer

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I tried Tinker in a Two vs Two game. Im pretty sure they were totally noobs but it was just fun to try Tinker. It lagged very much for me so it was very hard to micro and I didn't build very fast because of this. But you know how it is :D

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
cool game with tinker!
Here is a game that i have played recently against NE...i am quiksilver.
I lost and can notice some mistakes that i have done! Like making breakers! my tri hero could have raped...but they kept dying...
ANy more suggestions?

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
quiksilver87 said:
cool game with tinker!
Here is a game that i have played recently against NE...i am quiksilver.
I lost and can notice some mistakes that i have done! Like making breakers! my tri hero could have raped...but they kept dying...
ANy more suggestions?
I build 2 sanctums. You can try that especially with expand. You can find some mistakes, yes- rally point, dont leave units alone in your base. More breakers and always hunt his expand. Good game ,though.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah i have the tendency to do that with the rally points...gets very annoying...i notice it but never seem to do anything about it!! heh...

Other than my fast expo over here...what could you say that i screwed up on? what could i have done...this guy had lttle to no micro...
Hu vs Hu

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
quiksilver87 said:
yeah i have the tendency to do that with the rally points...gets very annoying...i notice it but never seem to do anything about it!! heh...

Other than my fast expo over here...what could you say that i screwed up on? what could i have done...this guy had lttle to no micro...
Hu vs Hu
You should have had more casters like priests and breakers... foots were not enough. I dont have anything so close to this replay but for units and attacks...Just for faster teching with buildings.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
srry I took so long...
Um lol...that replay didnt really help lol...maybe because it wasnt close.

Is it me...or does everyone have certain times when they just play like a noob in warcraft? I swear...some days i play like i just started. NO EXAGGERATIOn!Maybe its because i just came from college and i am worn out? It is really wierd...I have little to no micro! It is pathetic and that is what gets me most of my losses!

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just dont make them think with these rifles they can win the game. Make some casters and fast tech to make knights and pally and you just need good micro and foots with defens. Rilfes die, how can I make them not build rifles. Lamers... This is what i want to show you with this replay - use more casters, 2 sanctums and just attack after fast creeping - with lvl 2 WE while he has only lvl 1 WE. The game should be yours in hum vs hum.

CareBearPK

Reaction score
Heres a replay of me hunt rushing.

I accidentaly scouted the wrogn corner of that side and thought he was in a different side, lol.

Give me some tips though, plz.

Added another replay, is that what I should have done? I got his ghouls and a few of his acolytes then waited for catapults.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
will watch as soon as I get the chance! As for hu vs hu....thx for the input Mystic!
ummm...in general hu vs hu shouldnt make rifles...they should only be used for anti air like gryphons or dhawks....a better subsitute would be mortars!

Im gonna play five ladder solo games...

and im gonna post them all up here. Give me your tips!

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Btw i will no longer post any replays of people lower than lvl 26 (remind me if i do it) unless such lvls are smurf accas of higher lvl. It would mean less replays from me because still very few are the cases in which i beat thirties and only once was the case i owned vs lvl 42. (strange he didnt play so strong otherwise he would beat me).

This means I can post for you something much better if i am to post anything. And yes I can give tips for your replays.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
alrighty...Carebearpk? How long have you been playing?You got a long way to go! Those people you were playing against were total newbies. You should really fix up your build orders and try to maneuver your wisps faster after the building is done...Im a bit too sketchy with night elves so i cant give you any in depth tips.
I would really advise you watch some pro replays with night elves! try wcreplays.com
Learn some tricks...Do you know hotkeys? also im not sure if you know the little keyboard tricks there are to help you out. You can go to blizzard.com and learn some tricks for your groups and other stuff like that! lol...trust me i know it might sound stupid to go there but i learnt quite some quick hotkey tricks(for all teams) from there.

Also one more important thing you have to have is micro...i noticed your hero dying...She shouldnt have died! move her back to you base and heal again. Also you should micro manage your units by moving them back or shadow melding them...You will notice many of this in the replays you watch.

Be sure not to watch TOO many replays though because they can become addicting! Just play solos! and try to improve...Learn from your mistakes or you will just stay where you are(dont take this to be some cheesy statement!)....lol...just like me :(

I will post some replays later on because i havent had time to play any games yet...
My APM per game is less than 100...is that good? I think i should improve...

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
quiksilver87 said:
alrighty...Carebearpk? How long have you been playing?You got a long way to go! Those people you were playing against were total newbies. You should really fix up your build orders and try to maneuver your wisps faster after the building is done...Im a bit too sketchy with night elves so i cant give you any in depth tips.
I would really advise you watch some pro replays with night elves! try wcreplays.com
Learn some tricks...Do you know hotkeys? also im not sure if you know the little keyboard tricks there are to help you out. You can go to blizzard.com and learn some tricks for your groups and other stuff like that! lol...trust me i know it might sound stupid to go there but i learnt quite some quick hotkey tricks(for all teams) from there.

Also one more important thing you have to have is micro...i noticed your hero dying...She shouldnt have died! move her back to you base and heal again. Also you should micro manage your units by moving them back or shadow melding them...You will notice many of this in the replays you watch.

Be sure not to watch TOO many replays though because they can become addicting! Just play solos! and try to improve...Learn from your mistakes or you will just stay where you are(dont take this to be some cheesy statement!)....lol...just like me :(

I will post some replays later on because i havent had time to play any games yet...
My APM per game is less than 100...is that good? I think i should improve...
Yes you should imporve- this means not only use ALT and shift for multpiple actions and hp, you can creep in more than 1 place and apparently just play faster. Then you will have more than just 100 apm.

Ok i tried with no fast selection in the beginning- and the result was apm 140. I can get even better. So you see guys, it's not only spamming that makes high apm but how fast you play. It just adds you more. :) 200 ?

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah...double creeping is pretty useful. And its not that hard to do...Im sure i did it in one of these replays! 3 militia and a WE....while i crept the merchant in gnoll woods...
Um here are my five replays that i wanted to post up...They are 5 of the last games i played.

THE last guy was the only gooood one...he said he had an account of 97 - 17 !!! he wanted to play a custom game so i said ok and i got my ass kicked! I think i just got out-microd(lol if thats a word)... It wasn't on of my best games because my show(apprentice) was about to start in a while! Could you just give me some tips on my playing? even though i won most games?

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice, just the game with hum vs hum lost temple- you saved your expo well. Try to do it with towers- always. In the replay where he played DL and lich - ff the fiends first, then the aboms or else.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lol...yeah i figure towers was my problem there in the hu vs hu matchup...i tried building them but i guess it was too late... the guy camped in my expo! yeah you are right about the ff the fiends...they go down faster.
How do you have so many posts?

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Alright...i need some help with this orc game...The guy went raiders and really got me.
I made knights and still lost...any pointers?
I think i did pretty well against the towers but ended up losing against them...

I am quik.silver[2k]

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting, the orc was not bad. He played correctly. I would go rifles because they have the range and you can ff riders first. With this orc you would also lose rifles but with them you can attack him before he has many riders. Anyway knights may still work in this case. You had to make cloud and hawks to stop the towers and when you had enough units even to add militia and counter his army. What made you lost was that you went out of the base and you lost there a lot in the end.

Here is another, this is vs UD, i don't even know, the game was supposed to be mine -total ownage and i overmicroed him.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah man...i totally 4got about the cloud...but the raiders would have ensnared and owned them...I reallllllyy dont think rifles are the answer. they will really lose against raiders because of ensnare and scroll of speed...he also had grunts and shamans...with chain lightning...
ALso, raiders have medium armor that reduces piercing...but takes extra damage from knights(normal damage)...I think knights was the right thing to do...but he just had the upper hand all the time like he said.

About your game(the one in the other thread)... i watched it earlier but i forgot what happened in it...I remember that you made a risky tp in the start...but its good you had a cloak...Your game was VERY similar to mine though...hah..same positions same map....but he had no raiders...so i would have went gryphons...not sure if you did...

I will watch the undead game...also...lol but now i have a calculus II test to take!

Ok... i just watched them games...
For the UD.
1. you had 6 people on your gold mine!
2. TECH TO GRYPHONS!! If he was better he would have made aboms...and a couple destroyers
3. you only had 1 barrack and 1 sanctum? y?
you remind me of myself with the small stupid mistakes...:)

For the Orc(H2O)
1. He is a very good player. so dont feel too bad
2. TECH TO GRPHONS!!!!! YOU WOULD HAVE CRAPPED ON HIM! just build them aside and try to keep them busy. Build them away from your base like in the creep camp. with the troll/priest/2 level 2 throwers...
You would have won...Rifles are not the key versus grunts...although they do work ...they are not a solid guarantee because of shamans with purge and BL!
3.You only had 1 barrack and 1 sanctum? y?
4. nice mircro...need a bit more macro(i have the same problem).
:corn

Here is an entertaining replay...I played quite a while ago: It shows the power of gryphons. Notice how I keep him busy. I think i do a lot of mistakes there! Like it takes me time to realize that the avaiaries are done!

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
quiksilver87 said:
For the UD.
1. you had 6 people on your gold mine!
2. TECH TO GRYPHONS!! If he was better he would have made aboms...and a couple destroyers
3. you only had 1 barrack and 1 sanctum? y?
you remind me of myself with the small stupid mistakes...:)

For the Orc(H2O)
1. He is a very good player. so dont feel too bad
2. TECH TO GRPHONS!!!!! YOU WOULD HAVE CRAPPED ON HIM! just build them aside and try to keep them busy. Build them away from your base like in the creep camp. with the troll/priest/2 level 2 throwers...
You would have won...Rifles are not the key versus grunts...although they do work ...they are not a solid guarantee because of shamans with purge and BL!
3.You only had 1 barrack and 1 sanctum? y?
4. nice mircro...need a bit more macro(i have the same problem).
:corn

Here is an entertaining replay...I played quite a while ago: It shows the power of gryphons. Notice how I keep him busy. I think i do a lot of mistakes there! Like it takes me time to realize that the avaiaries are done!
I know man, but i stick to Insomnia's playing or Cara's. It means some gyros vs dests but rifles and casters kill UD before he masses aboms. I have already thought of ending with air, i just don't like it because without expo.. . There is some mass hawks and few griffs- taken from one replay of Cara. FF fiends and you win. He didnt expect me to mass hawks but i had expo. If you dont attack him soon and you let him mass fiends (after he has seen u massing hawks) you may also lose. Kill fast when he has several fiends by ff and again he may be dead. Why not only griffs ? Becase 6 gargs with the heroes can own your griffs -eg you have 4 . You need more hawks and fewer griffs. He're is the no-rifles strat where i do what i have just decribed and won. - Lost Temple

About my game vs h2o- you will see that as i was not in shape- i played bad- but rifles and casters can own his casters and grunts. With better micro vereybody does it. In one replay of Sk.miou - he stopped the TR (tower rush) with casters - because they do extra to buildings u know. Griffs are good if he has taurens but on 2 rivers, hardly. Otherwise vs riders as in yuor replay griffs are useless. Because even if his riders arent enough - he already has beastery so he is ready for bats. In fact, when ireach higher lvl - to play vs lvl 34 and on every time- i may be faster with microing. Thats what misses me vs good players when talking about micro- faster playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.