The Help Thread 1.20

ChrisH36

Guy with Most Posts on Quiet Board.
Reaction score
That sad thing is, I even knew what you were probably gonna do, I was just stupid and didn't get raiders or try to stop you from getting gryphons.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
yeah, some people underestimate how quickly they can take out an orc base. So they take it easy...This strat works on 70 % on orcs that i play against...Look at the replay i just posted...same strat

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Too bad I would have to reinstall the game to watch it :(.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Due to the good long micro game, despite the loss, i thought you may like this replay. vs ud.

MK was away so the bolt passed directly through the trees ...ROFL XD

Yeah you said it Quik, my revenge via Inso! I watched his replays vs SK.Hot. I can say that 2 sanctums still pwns bears but you need to attack him before he has many bears. Thats how Insomnia won there. The rest reps are obvious - he won vs Sase having 90 food -knights and inner fire and Sase had 60 only. Storm won vs ... on TR map when the elf was so close that Storm could own with militia. I needed something to see -with no expo. Of course you can win if you have 10x more food than him. But the games of my fav Inso vs Hot showed it how to do without expo.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
I like how you play MS. but you need to remember that mass air will not win all your wars for you. The other replay with yellow was good because you decieved him into thinking that you were really getting ground forces, but you were really getting flyers up. Also, storm bolting from the trees is funny, you probably had a ward setup there to spot for him.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Nah it's ok. For the 1st time i see how dests can die from mass gyros when im using them. UD has 2 strats: fiends + dest or ghouls + dests. My units were ok vs ghoul + dests and i should not let him make many fiends and nuke theose that he has. Cause of the towers he had didnt allow me to nuke his fiends thast why he made 4 or 5 fiends. If that was mass hawks as i have done before -they cant kil fiends fast enough and it would be gg for me.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Which is why you carry some form of normal damage unit like BReakers or Knights with your air. So if they get webbed, they have to get by your melee to get to them, or kill off your melee while the air damages the units. Either way makes it difficult to overcome.

Here is a 2on2 replay of my generic orc playability. My teammate wasn't very bright at the end and during the first battle. He left after I had called him a noob, considering he was still getting morts and foots and were rallyed at the location of our first battle, I do regret these mistakes..

1) Not saving the tc after the lich/fiends came
2) Not defending the expo
3) Losing the sh on the assault.
4) Just getting melee, although I was ready to get anything after t2->t3

And a few others, other than that: I could probably play solo or something along the lines decently enough to actually stand a chance against a powerful foe

Ms said:
I can say that 2 sanctums still pwns bears but you need to attack him before he has many bears
Its even worse if you do this before he gets the bears uped. But that is highly unlikely.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
TR map and close positions. Human imba! So is massing bears and dryads. Militia big harass- not let him build AoW and wisps killed, then his tier 2 was slowed. I didnt let him make dryads or bears.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Bears and dryads vs human is easily stopped if you have morts to smash the dryads and some t3 melee and/or gryphons to smash teh bears.

Dream_Walker

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
the dryads will dodge the shards and attack the mortar, so they'll die if they try to run. the dryads slow poison also slows their attack by 25% so the dryads will have an advantage.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Dream_Walker said:
the dryads will dodge the shards and attack the mortar, so they'll die if they try to run. the dryads slow poison also slows their attack by 25% so the dryads will have an advantage.
Thats why one bad positioning in which dryads directly attack ur mortars and ur gg. At least you can save morts much more than pults or ballistas.

ChrisH36

Reaction score
Yeah but Greg, you would have to move your Dryads each time a mort shot was fired. So they cannot attack properly. And with many morts that can be difficult to do, same with the dryads. Unless it was Angle of Attack and you backstrike an enemy.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, here are some fresh replays not of me for now. I had the opportunity to obs the game b-n these 2 top players fnatic.Bjarke. ranked 1st oO and [URL="http://www.battle.net/war3/ladder/w3xp-player-profile.aspx? Gateway=Northrend&PlayerName=SK.Take]SK.Take[/URL] in public cg. You wont find it uploaded in WCR where they upload 10 days later. I have to say that whenever Inso is not active and I'm looking for another idols 2nd 3rd place you know, SK.Take takes the 2nd. Btw DIDI8 is no longer mTw but fnatic a long time now.

Also here is another game i was obs - a player from unraked clan - a pro Human with very good stats: JwP.Hater vs a lvl 34(36?) guy from clan- CCCP ranked 41. There is what to learn , elf started awful but in the end when he had the bears if i was on the place of the Human with my bad positioning bears would have turned the game. Just see how he slows and runs. Im trying to do the same but ... he does it better. And 200+ apm for human:)

http://www.battle.net/war3/ladder/w3xp-player-profile.aspx?Gateway=Northrend&PlayerName=JwP.Hater

ChrisH36

Reaction score
quiksilver87 said:
cmon noobs...more replays!
More replays? Nobody really watched mine and nobody also talked about mine so har har :(.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Check these out quik. Totally owned lvl30 orc ... i have played vs much better though and higher lvl :(

I had crash and my settings were reset so look this 5 min militia attack ownage. This mpas sucks but the only way i would enjoy it is this - close positions. Lucky me playing this stupid map with these positions.

Also see the upper there also good replays, quik.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Excuse moa' but i cant edit my other post.

You see i uploaded a game JwP.Hater vs elf (35 lvl). I played vs the SAME ELF and lost but u gotta watch this. It was very long game (map:TR). We start close positions but he makes AoW too fast! I uploaded a replay to show u how u dont let elf build but he had AoW. Then the battle moves to my base where he tries to besiege me with see what and this is not the end! Another series of battles continues and watch to find out the rest.

I have my new record for long game of 185 apm! Hellwolf!!!

And see also a Human mirror of OMG the same tbio]egon- i have played before, calming to be lvl 50 and now he says hes lvl 42 Kalimdor. Yeah i lost but it's a long game. I have to say that i learnt what u see in the pic from obsing him. ROFL CHINESE -/ KOR Mass towers 2nd BM and 3rd PL and aoe dmg . ROFL ROFL ROFL

-Hi this is my home base with towers and my expo with more towers. Go go towers.

Not bad game with very good micro by both of us vs lvl 45 UD and he wins sure when hi made the dests. But we fought a lot so this is not one of those 5 min loss i have posted a year ago. All these 7 replays for U quiksilver, see them cause i post em for u. I want to post some nice replays and someone like u has to see 'em. Otherwise i would be completely inactive in these forums as if ihve never been here. Im also preparing for the CoW Tournament this Saturday which is so so like the WCmasters in 2004 , which ended after they'd run out of money for the prizes.

QuikSilver

Forum *********
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
lvl30gg:
You paused a bit too much at the start. You should always be moving!
moonglade:
LOL, why didnt you start to make towers with those peasants?

vs old-master:
WHen he attacked witht the ancients....USE MILITIA!
Ease up on the mortars and make more breakers versus the bearzzzz. i know you wanted to take care of the archers...but he countered you earlier.

Lamer:

HAHHAHAHA, omg he so owned you! you should have bought some scrolls of healing and seen his expo. Always when some one has no units you should look around for an expo!. Gryphons are very good, if you are gonna counter them make sure you have enough Dhawks or Flyingmachinges! Ive underestimated them so many times!

vs level 45:
at 6 mins, you should have stopped that footy battle against his fiends a long time ago.
A good counter against that strat would be knights and flying machines. Ive seen inso do it a couple times.
I think he was lying about his level.
Good micro man....but you lack consistency of skills in all the games you play! One game you play really well but the other you play crappy. Just like me!

ChrisH36

Reaction score
MS said:
I have my new record for long game of 185 apm! Hellwolf!!!
And the purpose of pointing that out to me was?

Quiksilver said:
Good micro man....but you lack consistency of skills in all the games you play! One game you play really well but the other you play crappy. Just like me!
Every persont hat plays wc3 suffers from this, just some manage to keep their consistency under control. I can't myself, I forget the small things and that leads to dire consequences. And obviosuly, team games don't help because I am always called an idiot by a guy that techs to wyverns, with no barracks, no grunts, and a Mirror Image Bm that is summoned when they get rushed. After he leaves and calls us idiots, me and partner via micro held off 2 guys until we got overrunned. Makes you wonder who the real idiots are out there.

What I would like to see is some good PL replays. I just want to see how other players manage to use this hero. Its like a challenege, considering he is easily surronded and doesnt have a good armor or mana supply count.

None293823

Premium Member
Reaction score
Quik... 1st thanks for watching the reps. I want to tell you that i counter griffs with mass gyros not with hawks, i didnt have the gold to do that and i built them too late thats why i lost. But he is really high level lamer.
My game vs the lvl 35 i lost... well i wanted to get naga. Lets check it out - you can own a human for 10 mins, an elf too but:
-vs orc - you cannot fight when he has grunts u only AM and foots- sucks.
-vs UD - very lame with fiends u see you cannot win even with micro vs healed fiends and micro. Tell me how can i win games vs UD on maps like TR and Wetlands where i cant expo (or expo will be destryoed with close positions).

Hellwolf: Im joking with you , cant u see? i know how much you love and have apm hahahhahhahah

And Quik, i still lack skill man, .... just look - i was lvl 24 having 90 + wins and now im trying to get lvl 27+ being 150 wins, OMFG...........over 60-70 wins for 2-3 levels is that me wtf ?? I see some nubs are lvl 26 at 300 wins or 200 but wow i dont play liek that to be so. How did they become so many wins for 2-3 lvls ....?? Good players are already lvl 30 at 100-110 wins i had to be so at least at 150, And it was in the latest games that i started playing much more like i should with mass harasses and good playing. Yet, i still made losses from lamers who mass priests and sorceress and not having enough units although with tier 3 and pala and few knight ..

But i made this conclusion - i should reach the 30ies and 40th to be used to playing and beating them many times otherwise i wont see a good aka if i start now. I should coontinue this one or i'll play vs nooobs and lamers of lvl 20thies.

Also wish me GL today on the CoW Tournament, When i was owned by 40ies even 30thies in wcmasters a year ago i had to study for exams and no training was made. Now i'm trained! I'll post reps if good.