The "Help Jedi Become a Better Player with Replays" Thread

Biske

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Ok, this thread is ment for our very own struggling WC3 player, Jedi. I have taken the liberty to bestow upon him the privlege of being a student under my school of "How to Play Warcraft 3 and other such Games Good" among other things! So in this thread I shall give him any and all replays that I see fit to help this poor boy out, even though they be comp stomp games(hey, what ya gunna do, I no have internet) the boy can learn to be good through my knowledge and my....:cough:skillz:cough:. So Jedi, good luck with thy training.....AND LET THE TRAINING BEGIN!!!!*

*all who wish can post replays too to help this player out.

Biske

Reaction score
Good! Much better then your "cheaters.wcg" game. I took the liberty of making notes, so I'll PM you bout that, k? But none-the-less, much better, still got 2 break you of the Peon Standing Habit, and improve your creeping skillz, but all that will come with time and practice. I made you a read out on creeping patterns for LT, and a code sheet to go with it to help you with your creeping, more info in the PM.

Biske

Reaction score
Find what? Oh, here let me show you a quick sketch I made for Creeping Patterns in LT. The Orange lines represent your first Route for Creeping. You rush outta yer base, and head for the small group of 3 Gnolls. After they're done, you run over alittle north to the band of 3 Trolls, kill them. THen head south for the Ogre Group, and exit out the bottom thru your opponents small Gnoll local, and if they haven't creeped it, take em out!

Green stands for your "Return Home then Slauter the Trolls" Route. If your hurt bad, head back to your base to heal for a few seconds, then rush over to kill the Trolls at your Exp. After that, is the Blue Route, this is the 3rd Route to tack which will lead you into your Enemies Exp, and give you a chance to kill the creeps if they haven't already. If they have, immedietly run over to the closet Item shop, and begin to Creep the 2 Golem Groups. After this, you should be anywhere from level 4-5.

Finally, there is the Purple Route. This baby takes you the full way up top to mop up the Heavy Ogre encampments. head north from your base and kill the Ogre Group, then east and see if they killed the 2 Golem groups. If they left even 1 of those un-attended, you will get em, and get to level 6 and boom your Ultimate in 4 easy to remember steps within 6 minutes!

Oh, and I'll post a replay for ya too. I just played a FFA like you did and I have this Creeping Order used in it. I'm currently watching the replay, as to study what I did, even though I won it's always good to look over your replays and learn from your smaller mistakes. I'll burn that baby as it's on my Comp, so give me 30 minutes. the replay is an hour long! been forever since I played a game that long.

EDIT: Oh, Jedi I need your E-mail so I can send you the 2 Sigs I made for you! I like the 2nd one best! If you have problems puting them up, just PM me.

Jedi

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i'll PM you my email...

thanks for the map! i will have to look at that more closely, but for now, thanks!!! i will try this method, then maybe i could find a better route, and give it to you to test out! how's that sound?

Jedi

Xiode

Member!
Reaction score
Damn chibi, you are really putting some time into this guy...
Could you do the same to me? Im kinda newbish, been playing around... 2 and 1/2 weeks, i have 2 recent replays in the replay forum,
*Thanks*

Biske

Reaction score
Good, I'd love to watch it! Sure, I'll help anyone of you who feel that they are not as good as they should be. But I only take 1 Student at a time, so I can devote myself to that person. Man, last time I took a pupil was in the old StarCraft days.....ahh the memories...oh, and here's that FFA I was talking bout Jedi:

EDIT: Sorry, this is not the one i wanted to show you, but it's still a good one. I think this is the 1vs1 I did versus a normal Orc after they gang banged me in lost temple(damned team games...), boy did I kick his ass! Oh, no wait, that was another one...well I don't really know what this one is...I'll try and post the FFA later, it said the file was too big...wonder why?

Silynt Rage

Member!
Reaction score
The first thing Jedi can do to get better at Ladder games is to start playing them... I saw a couple of threads where all he was talking abuot was Kodo tag... and playing single player vs. easy comp...

?????What's that about??????

Biske

Reaction score
Sorry piemp, no hard feelings! I was just saying that the replay you posted didn't say that you knew what you were doing. First, you waited till teir 3 to get Ballista to clear the forest, when you coulda don't it right as teir 2 started. You went for bears instead of improving your basic army(archers, hunts), and you never upgraded them! That's why you lost so many units in that first attack, they had 2/2, you had 0/0, a silly newb mistake.

Biske

Reaction score
Well, I played 2 games last night. 1 was a 3v3v3, I lost, but did good, and the second was a 2v2, and that I came in 2nd, my team won. First I'll show you the 2v2.