VBadGirl

Member!
Reaction score
Website
www.wnv-gaming.com
Originally posted by Korittke
destroy stuff for no reason OR cracking a program = cracker
code and exploit stuff = hacker
hacker= fixes a bug in a program or flow (good guy)
craker= expoits a system weaness..bad guy
reverse tehnology= ppl that crack a program and make it avaible without cost.

Korittke

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Originally posted by VBadGirl
hacker= fixes a bug in a program or flow (good guy)
craker= expoits a system weaness..bad guy
reverse tehnology= ppl that crack a program and make it avaible without cost.
thats crap, youre not a hacker if you fix stuff and youre not a cracker if you exploit something. youre a cracker if you use your powers for kiddie shit OR if you do something like testing a lot of passwords on an internet site which is mainly destructive

and its called reverse engineering, but thats only the act of reverse engineering it. the actual cracking would include manipulating it

StarlightDragon

Member!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hitsua
I am finally relizing how much this sucks. Go to genx if you want my opinions. www.genxtremen.net Everyone here doesnt know shit.
umm that gets me a 404....

anyway a hacker is someone who like to tinker, code, fiddle around with computers, usually uses unix or a variant as an OS. A cracker, on the other hand, is someone who say, steals money online, cracks a server and steals and/or delets information, etc. It was thanks to the media that everyone started thinking of hackers as crackers, someone got the definition wrong and now almost everyone has it backwards... sigh... your average person is soo dumb...

me>>:shoot :rollie <<journalist who screwed up the words

I'm a hacker and i'm proud of it (I code, not crack)

edit: If anyone here doesn't know shit, they must have a pretty screwed up metabolism

a cup of stfu

Member!
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
sadly, most 'hackers' are script kiddies who know how to execute some exploits plus the occasional smarter script kiddie who actually tries to understand what it all means. cough

edit::who is dupe?