Website
Visit site
lol

Crookedfoot

Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.battleforums.com
People come, go, or stay for many reasons, when you start looking at this place from a demographics point of view, it's staggering.

As for removing inactive members, it all comes down to numbers, and numbers mean money.
ChrisUK the owner does not want inactive members deleted, he uses the numbers of members and listings for business purposes.
What these purposes are do not concern me, since they do not infringe on my everyday life, cyber, or real.
Unless he changes this policy, we won't be deleting users.

There's is no way I know of to search the forum database for members on the invisibility setting, but I have seen a few accounts where this was being used.

Also while trolling the forums, I have occasionally looked into some of the members that were viewing a forum, and seemed new because I didn't recognize the name from posts.
They turned out to me members with accounts several months old, but maybe 3 posts.
I am assuming these may be members that would rather read, or are shy about posting.
Either way, I'm not too inclined to slam a door in someones face, who could turn out to be one of the best posters we have, when he sees a thread that truly sparks his interests.

If one of you are reading this please feel free to participate in our family discussions, new insights are alwasy appreciated.

Theroy

BattleForums Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
Yes a few members that use invis mode :(

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
"omg x42...you are maybe the best flooder on this planet and want to tell us that you find the time to check the browsinglist in between? Or is this a anti-doublepost-concept?

1. Post something
2. Check the list for users browsing the forum
3. Wait for a reply
4. Immediately answer his/her post
5. Check the list again.
6a. If user is online. He/she may be interessted in the further development of this thread so he/she replies again. In this case 6b will be applied.
6b. Immediately answer his/her post
6a2. If user is not on the list 6c will be applied.
6c. Wait for another user.
7. Repeat the whole procedure.

Some tipps:
1. Make sure you include names of users currently browsing the section to make them post.
2. Make sure you include names of well known spammers and flooders to increase duration and post-possibilities of/in the thread.
3. Make sure you somehow manage to change the discussions topic into something that might be considered as "worth beeing flooded"
Examples for 3: Hot Chicks / Gays / User(Mod) related flaming

Of course you know all this and I might be a flooding-n00b in your eyes

This flooding-tutorial was brought to you with special greetz by TheSummit.

Kudos to all the flooders out there.

And btw: j/k I had to check all your posts and they are 99% on-topic and not spam...though, you are a flooder, but a cool one "

Are you high or drunk or something?

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
You should have seen the general forums back in February if you're calling x42 a flooder for the WC forums.

Mave and I used to do that all the time right here in the Chit-Chat forums, so you're not alone. ;)

- Amantis

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
"You should have seen the general forums back in February "

Cort ran an IP check on you two to make sure you wern't the same person :D

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheSummit
omg x42...you are maybe the best flooder on this planet and want to tell us that you find the time to check the browsinglist in between? Or is this a anti-doublepost-concept?

1. Post something
2. Check the list for users browsing the forum
3. Wait for a reply
4. Immediately answer his/her post
5. Check the list again.
6a. If user is online. He/she may be interessted in the further development of this thread so he/she replies again. In this case 6b will be applied.
6b. Immediately answer his/her post
6a2. If user is not on the list 6c will be applied.
6c. Wait for another user.
7. Repeat the whole procedure.

Some tipps:
1. Make sure you include names of users currently browsing the section to make them post.
2. Make sure you include names of well known spammers and flooders to increase duration and post-possibilities of/in the thread.
3. Make sure you somehow manage to change the discussions topic into something that might be considered as "worth beeing flooded"
Examples for 3: Hot Chicks / Gays / User(Mod) related flaming

Of course you know all this and I might be a flooding-n00b in your eyes :(

This flooding-tutorial was brought to you with special greetz by TheSummit.

Kudos to all the flooders out there.

And btw: j/k I had to check all your posts and they are 99% on-topic and not spam...though, you are a flooder, but a cool one :doped
Or maybe he posted something, and Theroy answered right away, even though he was offline, and he took the conclusion.

Amantis

Can you love such me?
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by Renzokuken
I don't think Tronga is obsessive compulsive.
You sure...? :D

Originally posted by Theroy
Cort ran an IP check on you two to make sure you wern't the same person
Yup. That's my twin brother alright. :D

- Amantis

TrongaMonga

Grumpy Old Grandpa
Reaction score
Originally posted by x42bn6
That would be cool, but still, Tronga, do you log off after posting once and log on again?

Yea, that was exactly my point ;)

Theroy

Reaction score
Website
www.securegamers.com
I used invis sinse the beggining I didn't even know what it did at first I also had the vb thing turned off so I didn't have the buttons at the top an always had to type

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
Yups in February I think I used to have the whole page 1 with my name. Then when I'll check back in the next hour or so Amantis has already taken over. Like every hour I go online Amantis was always on. Hehehe... Those were the days.:D

tassadar920

Member!
Reaction score
the best days were when every forum had 50 or so ppl who actually knew what thye were doing int e forum :(.

bforums is... dieing...

i wonder what bforum will be like when the best of us all begin to leave...

Maverick

To Punish and Enslave..
Reaction score
Website
www.friendster.com
Then all the newbies will become the best ones again. It's a cycle.